★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: * TOP 100 - 2 countries

* TOP 100 (Games) - 9 countries
* TOP 25 (Adventure) - 17 countries
* TOP 100 (Adventure) - 38 countries
* TOP 50 (Action) - 13 countries
* TOP 100 (Action) - 29 countries

"Be Free or Die is definitely one of the iPhone's must have games."- tzual

You are a guy, an ordinary guy who lives in an ordinary city. That is, until a zombie apocalypse comes and invades the city. As you are exploring different places, you find out that NO ONE is alive except these horrid zombies. You also find a few guns that become useful to your aid. With these weapons, you have one mission: Kill All Zombies. And if you fail, the city will be conquered and you will fall to shame. The world lies upon your very hands...

Play in up to 5 different environments where you will slay multiple zombies using a variety of weaponry. Featuring adjustable controls and a variety of control schemes this game aims to please your zombie killing instinct! Be prepared for some awesome haunting graphics, terrifying sound effects, and spooky music for your horror fill! Play in various environments from mazelike city streets to open areas in a haunted graveyard!

So, are you ready for the Zombie Apocalypse?

What people are saying:

"Be Free or Die is definitely one of the iPhone's must have games."- tzual

"The action and blood make this FPS a thrill to play"-theappsmachine.com

"This is a good zombie game. I would recommend it to FPS fans"-User Review

"This game is great it keeps you thrilled at every turn, especially the loud yelling when you kill zombies"- FPS player

"This is the best game for your dollar" marineadam

"The sound in this game is great. The three dimensional moans and groans add to the eerie feel as does the music"- deiden26 on Touch Arcade

***Not for the weak-hearted***, this Zombie Survival FPS features five gruesome levels filled with hordes of zombies trying to kill you. With luck against your side, do you think you can defeat the Devil and free yourself from this nightmare or die trying?

Features
-Bosses at the end of every level
-Impressive 3D graphics
-Five different levels each with their own objective to Complete
-Multiple weapon types
-Different music tracks (Or no music to listen to your own music)
-Recently Updated controls. Check Options and choose which suit you.
-Sensitivity adjustment for controls
-Four Different Control schemes to fit every gamer!
-An experience unparalleled on the App Store!

Upcoming Updates
- Improved Storyline!
- More Weapons!
- More Levels!
- Different Zombie Types!
- Open feint integration
- Features based on your feedback!
- And much more!

If you're really up for this challenge, put some headphones on and play the game. The zombies will be waiting for you.... and dont forget to bring your assault rifle!
12-01-2009, 01:49 PM
TOFTT anyone?

hello!

12-01-2009, 01:56 PM
I don't know which is scarier, the graphics or the actual zombies. Looks so bad that its Almost artistic. Gameplay could be alright, Ill wait for any impressions.
12-01-2009, 02:03 PM
Looks decent, and interesting.....anyone TOFTT?
12-01-2009, 03:13 PM
Debated on this one for a while... I love Zombie stuff, but even I'm getting a little burned out. Plus there are a few good ones coming tot he store soon.

But... what the heck... I'll give it a good TOFTT'ing...

Back in a bit...

Agent of TOFTT
Gamecenter Tag: QuickWit5
12-01-2009, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickWit View Post
Debated on this one for a while... I love Zombie stuff, but even I'm getting a little burned out. Plus there are a few good ones coming tot he store soon.

But... what the heck... I'll give it a good TOFTT'ing...

Back in a bit...

what are the few good ones that are supposed to be coming to the store soon?
12-01-2009, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedog View Post
what are the few good ones that are supposed to be coming to the store soon?
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=33375

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=33878

I'm waiting for Dead Strike! Looks like Silent Hill...
12-01-2009, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gekkota View Post
yeah I'm waiting on Dead Strike too(not coming out til 23rd-24th), but this Grim Reaper game looks kinda slow to me. THey need to speed up the combat at least.

Any others besides those 2?
12-01-2009, 03:43 PM
Game Impressions

So gave it a little go and here are some VERY quick impressions on the game.

First off, it's not bad... but it's closer to bad than it is to great. I actually like the graphical style of the game and the zombies look pretty good. I ran into quite a few and didn't really notice much in the way of "cloned" zombies. A little bit (which is to be expected) but I was actually surprised that the game had some differences. I also thought the environment (though looking a PS1 game for the most part) was well done and had a "creepy" factor to it.

But I have to really knock the font choice. It's near impossible to read anything in the game. You can see a bit of that from the screen shot, but it's worse if you try to read any of the (very limited) help section.

Where the game really veers off course is the control. There is a little d-pad in the lower left, but it is really bad and unresponsive. I actually found it easier to just use my thumb on the main screen and move around. That worked better, but it still isn't what it should be... and really made me wonder why there was a d-pad in the first play. Aiming is really tough. Any slight movement will send you further than you want to go so it really takes a lot to get a hit until the zombie is right on top of you. I did get a few from far out, but I chalk it up to luck more than skill.

Sound is also a little odd to me. There is no music, which is a shame. But you do get to hear your footsteps. it's funny because almost every step is a different sound (like they just used a randomized foot sfx program). And the zombie screams are far too loud, especially since there is no other sound. Same for the fun shots. This game could really use some sound tweaking and some music (or at least some ambient sound).

I'm also not sure about the zombie spawning. I looked over an area several times and saw nothing, then when I turned to go elsewhere I was attacked from behind. The game does say that they come at you quickly, so I'll just attribute it to sneaky zombies that are good at hiding.

But in the end. I did enjoy what I was playing. Sure I had to come up with my own control method, and, yes, it's near impossible to aim... but there is something about the game that will make me play it again. I like that there are different levels (areas) to unlock and fight in, and the game did offer some creepiness. But, man, could it have been a lot better.

I'd give three out of five, but just barely. Fix a few things and you've got a solid four.

Agent of TOFTT
Gamecenter Tag: QuickWit5
12-01-2009, 03:51 PM
yeah, skip til they fix up the controls. thanks for the impressions