★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
View Poll Results: The best part of Storm Attack v1.1 is...
3-Color Mode 3 50.00%
Bomb Mode 1 16.67%
Advanced Difficulty 2 33.33%
Custom Colors 0 0%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll
App description: *Notice: Online leaderboards and achievements will be inactive as of June 30, 2011. Storm Attack is now free.*

Storm Attack presents a new twist on the classic block elimination genre. Setup and blast away a constant stream of falling blocks but be careful! Every minute, a storm rains down an ever-increasing swarm. Its a constant battle against the clock as you fight for survival. Build up your bonuses, keep an eye on your ammo, and dont get caught in the storm!

Unique storm system - keeps gameplay fresh
Ammo system - a new spin on block destruction
4 game modes: 2-Color, 3-Color, Bomb, and Quick Play
2 difficulty settings
Stat tracking
Customizable block colors
Multiple music tracks

"Fast, fun, addictive. Its a winner."
- 10/10, The iPhone App Review

"...a worthy contender of tile game of the year..."
- 5/5, iPhone Achievements

"It's the block elimination game we all have been waiting for since Tetris and Bejeweled."
- iPhone Games Examine

"...well designed... innovative features..."
- AppCraver (Editor's Pick)

"I found myself highly addicted to this game!"
- Jerad Hill, The Daily App Show

"This game sticks to one like a burr, but in a good way."
- iPhone Footprint

-"I'm officially addicted. I spent 2 hours straight the first time I played. Must have puzzle game!!!"

-"I love the graphics and the simplicity of the game, it is AWESOME."

-"...one of the best pick up and play games you can have."

Mike_RNR's comments:
(Note: If you'd still like a code, a contest has gone up here.)

Hey all,

Wanted to let you know that the huge v1.1 update to our popular block-blasting game, Storm Attack, is out and on sale. New features: 2 new game modes, advanced difficulty setting, custom block colors, new awards/leaderboards, and a secret...

If you own it and really think it's worthy, please consider nominating it for "The List" here. It's already received 2 votes.

For those of you involved in the Easter Egg, you'll receive unlocking instructions shortly. Here's a hint for everything else: You must end the game in spectacular fashion during the first level...

If you get a code, please let other knows, and please take the time to drop and honest rating/review in the App Store. There will be another giveaway going up in the contest forums momentarily. Codes are below app description.

Youtube link | Pop Up

12-01-2009, 01:57 PM
Looks fun!

12-01-2009, 01:57 PM
Looks like lurkers already snagged all the codes.
12-01-2009, 01:59 PM
This is a fun game, and plates more uniquely than it looks!

Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post

Worst idea ever!
12-01-2009, 02:18 PM
Definitely a very fun and cool game! The poll doesn't ask - all of the above however! You can't tell the frenzy of the game by screenshots. The frenzy is specific though - not one of those just tap around and get a high score whether you are strategizing or not. You do that you lose your ammo and then its game over! I wish the code snaggers would come back and post impressions too because I know they would agree with me. I already had the first version and can honestly say the update makes it a whole new game for me! Whenever I play, I just want one more round, but the one becomes ten....etc.
12-01-2009, 03:41 PM
If you'd still like a code, a contest has gone up here.

@Edeloss, thank you for letting others know which code you took.

@Sir_Brizz, thank you for letting me know that the codes are all gone.

And thanks to Drelbs and New England Gamer for the kind words. New England Gamer is correct about the "frenzy" concept. Sreenshots can't really convey it, but I think the video does a pretty good job. The game is fast-paced, but not mindless.

Mike, Rhock & Rholl Studios
Daily Word Search, Storm Attack, Storm Attack Lite

Last edited by Mike_RNR; 12-01-2009 at 04:43 PM.
12-01-2009, 03:44 PM
Sheesh I meant to say that you can see it in the video! Sorry Mike I was rushing back to play some more!
12-01-2009, 04:42 PM
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post
Sheesh I meant to say that you can see it in the video! Sorry Mike I was rushing back to play some more!
Lol that's cool. Glad you're liking the new stuff.

Mike, Rhock & Rholl Studios
Daily Word Search, Storm Attack, Storm Attack Lite
12-01-2009, 06:59 PM
I found the Easter Egg! Woo Hoo!
12-01-2009, 07:48 PM
So the dreaded "Storm" is a bunch of blocks raining down uncontrolled?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews