★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Will Super Monkey Ball 2 be removed from the app store?

12-01-2009, 07:26 PM
Will Super Monkey Ball 2 be removed from the app store?

Im trying to decide if i should get Super Monkey Ball 2.
Everyother review on the game says it doesnt work on the 3gs.
I have a 3g ipod touch, so does anyone think the game might be pulled from the app store for it not working on some 3gs ipods?
12-01-2009, 07:31 PM
Hi Bungie, I loved Halo 3 btw

Last edited by da shiz wiz 19; Today at 10:23 PM. Reason: dammit gadm
Plus+ ID/OP/Xbox and all online stuff: Gadm

12-01-2009, 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungie.net View Post
I have a 3g ipod touch, so does anyone think the game might be pulled from the app store for it not working on some 3gs ipods?
It works fine on my 3Gs. It's likely that the people who are having problems all have jailbroken phones (in fact, a workaround has been thoroughly discussed in the main SMB2 thread). I doubt that Sega would pull a game that only fails on hacked devices.
12-01-2009, 07:34 PM
Don't J/B your device and it will be fine. SEGA don't care about Hackers having problems so they won't pull it off

Occasional Reviewer on ThePortableGamer
Official Reviewer on Razorianfly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Space Girl
It was like the other day I went to MarthaStewart.com's forums for advice on how to program my new T-89 graphing calculator and well, let's just say no one there was very helpful.
12-01-2009, 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungie.net View Post
this may be off topic but how do you feel about gameloft live? its basically a copy of xbox live?
12-01-2009, 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSlovak View Post
this may be off topic but how do you feel about gameloft live? its basically a copy of xbox live?
ya, it is...gameloft is coping a lot of things
modern_combat ..............................
modern warfare............................... and how odst is orbital drop shock troopers and nova is near orbital.
12-01-2009, 08:33 PM
I think it will get removed...
Also, I feel bad for you lol, because everyone is asking you questions...

Oh btw, are you gonna sue gameloft for making Nova?

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon
12-01-2009, 09:23 PM
Hi,

I do not see this being pulled.

If it turns out the problems reported are happening with non jail broke devices, then it may.

There is an issue of Brothers In Arms that I heard that it does not run on jailbroke devices, still in the appstore.

Feels like the same situation here.

My thought, you want to play the game, restore your device and enjoy.

Or just deal with it.

Just because jail breaking gives one more control, there are tradeoffs.

This is one.

I am jail broke and if I decide to get this, I will restore my device and enjoy the game, not complain about how this is unfair for it to not work on jail broke devices.

This post covers the topic rought up by the OP but is not really directed towards them.

More directed to all those in the SMB2 thread complaining about this being unfair, to those, suck it up and stop complaining.

David
12-01-2009, 09:27 PM
Send a message via MSN to spidey146 Send a message via Yahoo to spidey146
i have a jailbroken device and i dont plan on getting SMB2, but i doubt they would pull it unless it was an immense bug that effected EVERYONE!!

and what, does this guy work for microsoft or something hence u guys asking about halo and xbox?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Porkenheimer View Post
Someone is ridiculing Big Albie? Kill him.
Always remember, you can't spell slaughter without laughter.
12-01-2009, 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpgliss View Post
Hi,

I do not see this being pulled.

If it turns out the problems reported are happening with non jail broke devices, then it may.

There is an issue of Brothers In Arms that I heard that it does not run on jailbroke devices, still in the appstore.

Feels like the same situation here.

My thought, you want to play the game, restore your device and enjoy.

Or just deal with it.

Just because jail breaking gives one more control, there are tradeoffs.

This is one.

I am jail broke and if I decide to get this, I will restore my device and enjoy the game, not complain about how this is unfair for it to not work on jail broke devices.

This post covers the topic rought up by the OP but is not really directed towards them.

More directed to all those in the SMB2 thread complaining about this being unfair, to those, suck it up and stop complaining.

David
As I mentioned above, there is a workaround for jailbroken devices -- it works if you start up in safe mode.

Funny thing is, when I made pretty much the same point you've just made on the SMB2 thread, I got accused of being 1) and Apple shill out to scare people away from jailbreaking, 2) a boring hectoring schoolmarm, and 3) and anti-jailbreaking fanatic. Granted, all those accusations were made by the same person -- guess some people are a bit sensitive about the issue.