★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Block Breaker Deluxe 2 Official Trailer

09-26-2008, 12:24 PM
Block Breaker Deluxe 2 Official Trailer

I got this yesterday and I think this is the best game yet. I've been playing these types of games for a long time and I was wondering how good it would be on the iphone. Gameloft didn't disappoint with this one.

Check it out yourself in this trailer and you can see how much innovation they put into such a venerable classic:

Block Breaker Deluxe 2 Trailer

The moving blocks are really cool and the controls are top notch. I like that you can touch the special bonuses to get them. It really helps but you have to time it right or you might die in the process.

The only downside I saw was the stories. They don't do anything really for the game but on the plus side you can easily skip them and it takes absolutely nothing away from the awesome gameplay.

I think this is a must have for anyone who likes this type of game.

Here is a link for more info:

Block Breaker Deluxe 2 for iPhone
09-26-2008, 09:05 PM
The freakish CGI hand in the video scares me.

The game looks excellent though!
09-27-2008, 10:26 AM
lol

I especially like the third hand that appears out of nowhere.
09-28-2008, 10:40 AM
I bought the game over the weekend and I think it's a solid game, but at the same time it seems far too easy. There's very little challenge through most of world 4 (which is where I'm at). I'm also worried that, like Chimps Ahoy, there will be little to no replay value once the game is completed, in part because of the low level of difficulty (leading to extremely long game times). Going for high scores only really works when games times aren't ridiculously long. Instead you end up just trying to "beat" the game again, and that loses it's appeal pretty quickly since you've already done it. Mind you, the game is fun at least this first time through, but like Chimps Ahoy, I suspect once I've finished the game I'll go back to Space Out.
09-28-2008, 11:23 AM
I agree. this game was great though. I bought it on the ipod nano 3rd gen and it was solid. But i dont think i can play another game lke this. I already had it for my cell and the nano soo i am not sure and thrid one would be great.