★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Does anyone remember "Ski Free"?

01-08-2009, 09:33 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Does anyone remember "Ski Free"?

Why hasn't someone attempted to make a version for the iphone or something very very similar?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SkiFree

Seems like it would not be hard at all graphics wise (colored in stick figures anyone?) and controls could either be optional tilt or finger at the bottom touch screen control. Option for landscape mode vise versa?

Maybe this could be added on to that GameLab or whatever it was called.

Just a thought. Thought it might make a great little 99 cent app.

Gamecenter: dub.D.dub
01-08-2009, 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyJonez View Post
Why hasn't someone attempted to make a version for the iphone or something very very similar?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SkiFree

Seems like it would not be hard at all graphics wise (colored in stick figures anyone?) and controls could either be optional tilt or finger at the bottom touch screen control. Option for landscape mode vise versa?

Maybe this could be added on to that GameLab or whatever it was called.

Just a thought. Thought it might make a great little 99 cent app.

Theres an app right now thats sorta similar to ski free. Its called snowball runner. The concept is similar, just that you are a snowball instead of a skier.

01-08-2009, 09:42 PM
no i want ski free! i had forgotten about it but i love it and it would be great for iphone

I'M ON A MAC MOTHAF*@%!

Cloudcell, Plus+, Baseball Slugger, TTR: dannys95
01-08-2009, 09:51 PM
If it was .99 cents many people would be confused by the title.

Good idea though.

Bullet Development (twitter) Bullet Skater // Psychedelic

01-08-2009, 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarringtonSoftware View Post
If it was .99 cents many people would be confused by the title.

Good idea though.
haha, good point
01-08-2009, 10:02 PM
well I'm sure someone will come up with a great original name for this app... probably something like iski
01-08-2009, 10:41 PM
Much as there is the nostalgia factor, I probably wouldn't pay for this app. I'd get it if it were free. Why? The computer version from way back was free, so why should we have to pay now? Also, it's not as though it's a very complex app. And you die within a few minutes from the yeti-that-looks-like-a-robot...
01-08-2009, 11:20 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeofAnkh View Post
Much as there is the nostalgia factor, I probably wouldn't pay for this app. I'd get it if it were free. Why? The computer version from way back was free, so why should we have to pay now? Also, it's not as though it's a very complex app. And you die within a few minutes from the yeti-that-looks-like-a-robot...
Hahaha, the 'ol yeti, I remember him well.

Maybe they could upgrade it a bit with a few power ups. When you get to the yeti you could throw snowballs or something to ward him off.

Gamecenter: dub.D.dub
01-09-2009, 01:42 AM
Send a message via AIM to fpugirl
Wow totally a game I played when I was younger...so, so long ago! It would be fun for a little bit...I would probably only pick it up if it was free because I don't see myself spending a ton of time on it. As as someone else mentioned, it was free on the PC.

I'm on twitter: http://twitter.com/fpugirl iTD, 7 Cities, The Creeps, geoDefense (i love TD games!!), Supermarket mania, Stone Loops...current fave games