★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Assassins Creed 2 Poll

View Poll Results: What do you think?
We should boycott Ubisoft until they become more transparent and improve customer service 20 40.82%
We souldn't care and let thing pan out 16 32.65%
Try a different route 3 6.12%
You're crazy 10 20.41%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll
12-02-2009, 09:02 PM
Assassins Creed 2 Poll

HEY! READ THIS FIRST!

I want to hear from all of you.

I understand what iDevices are capable of and I am frustrated to see that major gaming companies are still coming out with games that are not even close to pushing limits of the devices (with the exception of a few titles from Gameloft). What frustrates me even more is to see these companies treat the iDevice community (which is particularly large if they haven't noticed) as an inferior gaming community by doing things like completely ignoring everybody when they ask about the failure to release a much anticipated game such as Assassins Creed 2.

I believe that we need to come together as a gaming community (sounds nerdy as hell but live with it) and really show these companies that we are a serious market.

I want to hear what you guys think.
Post some comments too.
If you have another idea, lets hear it.

Last edited by craighauser; 12-02-2009 at 09:13 PM.
12-02-2009, 09:20 PM
Idk wat the big deal is about this game is anyway. Yeah it looks ok, but you run around (in only 2 directions unlike the first) and press one button to attack someone and it plays an animation of you killing em....

Lol this is a 99c game.

Check out Smoof7 Productions!

12-02-2009, 09:41 PM
I'm enjoying bloodlines on my PSP
12-02-2009, 09:41 PM
ugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny554 View Post
Idk wat the big deal is about this game is anyway. Yeah it looks ok, but you run around (in only 2 directions unlike the first) and press one button to attack someone and it plays an animation of you killing em....

Lol this is a 99c game.
I am not overly excited for this game either but it is just a prime example of how the companies are viewing the market. I just want some good games on the iPod touch and to have some good customer service from the companies.
12-02-2009, 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardcoreEricXXX View Post
How is it? The gameplay looks cool, thats what should come to the iPod!
12-02-2009, 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardcoreEricXXX View Post
Hmmm... its got some mediocre reviews though. I'll probably give it a rental after Christmas unless you're really that impressed with it.

And I'm also waiting on this game. It's the exact same game as the DS one (again), but it just looks really cool. Might be one of the few really awesome 2d platformers I'll get into, like Ghosts 'N Goblins.
12-02-2009, 10:01 PM
... we already have a thread dedicated to ACII

Occasional Reviewer on ThePortableGamer
Official Reviewer on Razorianfly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Space Girl
It was like the other day I went to MarthaStewart.com's forums for advice on how to program my new T-89 graphing calculator and well, let's just say no one there was very helpful.
12-02-2009, 10:04 PM
sorry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainter View Post
... we already have a thread dedicated to ACII
This is not only about Assassins Creed 2, this is more about customer service and the quality of games in general. AC2 Just happens to be a prime example. Is this not okay?

Openfeint/Plus+/Gameloft Live: craighauser
Join T.A.A.P To Help End Piracy
12-02-2009, 10:20 PM
The quality of games I find is fine.
It costs an incredible amount to produce games and most developers dont have that kind of coin laying around. They make games they feel can be profitable for them.

And as for bad customer service I have only found two companies that have bad service. One is Ubisoft and the other is Square Enix. All others I have found contactable.

Occasional Reviewer on ThePortableGamer
Official Reviewer on Razorianfly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Space Girl
It was like the other day I went to MarthaStewart.com's forums for advice on how to program my new T-89 graphing calculator and well, let's just say no one there was very helpful.
12-02-2009, 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainter View Post
The quality of games I find is fine.
It costs an incredible amount to produce games and most developers dont have that kind of coin laying around. They make games they feel can be profitable for them.

And as for bad customer service I have only found two companies that have bad service. One is Ubisoft and the other is Square Enix. All others I have found contactable.
EA is another I have not had the best time with. It seems all the established companies have poorer service while the newer and indy ones are contactable. I am impressed with what Gameloft has offered, but I think that the other companies are stuck in neutral. I believe that the needed profit can be fulfilled if the quality of the game rose, more people would get interested in forking out more money. If “Bloodlines” came out for the iPhone at around $30, a full game many would put down their psps and pick up their iDevices. There are way more iPod touch gamers than there is PSP gamers, at least that I observe. I think that the market has lots of potential but it is being ignored.

Openfeint/Plus+/Gameloft Live: craighauser
Join T.A.A.P To Help End Piracy