★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Canabalt or Hook Champ?

View Poll Results: Canabalt or Hook Champ
Hook Champ 47 78.33%
Canabalt 13 21.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll
12-03-2009, 12:21 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Don't worry. I made up my mind already :)

Which is best? I'm unsure.

Hi there!

Last edited by itman; 12-03-2009 at 12:36 AM.
12-03-2009, 12:23 AM
That's cute of you to ask that question. Hook Champ obviously (;

12-03-2009, 12:29 AM
this is more blasphemy.
how can you even compare canabalt to that piece of..
10x better game.

please get hook champ. cheers

Twitter: @back2this
12-03-2009, 12:33 AM
Canabalt. Still bored of these polls though.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
12-03-2009, 12:37 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
Canabalt. Still bored of these polls though.
If I could I would delete this now. I got HOOK CHAMP and CANABALT.

Hi there!
12-03-2009, 04:09 AM
Good call, I would have said get both.
12-03-2009, 05:12 AM
Well, first off, I have to say, kudos to itman, first poll I've seen from him in awhile. Unfortunately, like 3 others have taken his place when it comes to unnecessary threads.

Now as for those 2 games, as others said, HOOK CHAMP DUH!! It actually has depth to it. Canabalt, if you want to play it, play the Flash version. Personally, I won't be buying Canabalt till[if] the dev does a $1 sale. I refuse to pay $3 for such shallow and simplistic gameplay.
12-03-2009, 06:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by derek420 View Post
Well, first off, I have to say, kudos to itman, first poll I've seen from him in awhile. Unfortunately, like 3 others have taken his place when it comes to unnecessary threads.

Now as for those 2 games, as others said, HOOK CHAMP DUH!! It actually has depth to it. Canabalt, if you want to play it, play the Flash version. Personally, I won't be buying Canabalt till[if] the dev does a $1 sale. I refuse to pay $3 for such shallow and simplistic gameplay.
firstly the app port makes the game a lot better, with the zoomed out view and much better response from touch compared to the spacebar, i can never go back to the flash version after playing the iphone version now.

secondly while it may be simplistic its VERY fun and VERY addictive.

so yeah while it doesn't have the upgrades or the 'slightly different' levels of hook champ, it is in my opinion the more enjoyable game.

don't bash something you dont even own, the flash version is an inferior version in my opinion so direct comparisons aren't 100% valid,

i have not regretted paying $3 for it for one instance.
12-03-2009, 06:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by idrisguitar View Post
firstly the app port makes the game a lot better, with the zoomed out view and much better response from touch compared to the spacebar, i can never go back to the flash version after playing the iphone version now.

secondly while it may be simplistic its VERY fun and VERY addictive.

so yeah while it doesn't have the upgrades or the 'slightly different' levels of hook champ, it is in my opinion the more enjoyable game.

don't bash something you dont even own, the flash version is an inferior version in my opinion so direct comparisons aren't 100% valid,

i have not regretted paying $3 for it for one instance.
'Zoomed out view' & 'better touch response,' while they may be nice additions, do not change the core gameplay. They're simply minor tweaks. To say that Canabalt is better ["more enjoyable"] than Hook Champ is, well, funny. The amount of content in Canabalt is very meager in comparison to Hook Champ. Plus, Kepa is actually active in the forums. Canabalt has yet to see the addition of online leaderboards after..ohhh idk, 2 months since its been released? Rofl. I don't need to own Canabalt to bash it. Yes, it is a fun game for quick pick-up and plays, is it worth the $3 when compared to other apps in that price category? Hell no.
12-03-2009, 06:35 AM
Got them both, love them both.. but if I have to choose (The point of the poll)

HOOK CHAMP!

Much more gameplay depth

Now Playing: This War of Mine | Motorsport Manager | Hearthstone