★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Risk like games

01-09-2009, 08:05 AM
Risk like games

I have searched and could not find anything on this topic, so sorry if this is a double post.

Are there any games out there that are like the board game RISK?

Thanks all

Plus+ ID: komquat
Current Games: Flight Control, Let's Golf, Isocards
01-09-2009, 08:07 AM
Lux Touch and Lux Deluxe

Tweet me and follow me! http://twitter.com/AndyL19
Check my blog out-HERE for reviews.Want your app reviewed? Send requests to andyl19@live.com

01-09-2009, 08:07 AM
Strategery is the most risk like game I have seen.

Galcon (lite) is also risk-like, although it is not turn based.
01-09-2009, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualAlex View Post
Strategery is the most risk like game I have seen.

Galcon (lite) is also risk-like, although it is not turn based.
yeah i would recommend Lux Dlx, although people complain its a lil bit slow, the next update should fix it, you have unlimited maps that you can download

Strategery is fun, but i am waiting for its "awesomeness"..Im comparing it to dice wars and its just not cutting it, but the game is fun

and galcon, although not completly risk-ey ..it is a lot of fun, its more of a RTS 3 minute game type of domination..but fun
01-09-2009, 08:32 AM
I don't really get the difference between Strategery and Dicewars. I mean I know you can have a greater amount of dice per sector in wars, but is that all?
01-09-2009, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualAlex View Post
I don't really get the difference between Strategery and Dicewars. I mean I know you can have a greater amount of dice per sector in wars, but is that all?
well there is my personal opinion, where i like dice wars better than Strategery

there is the greater amount of dice, which does change the strategy quite a bit...in dice wars you can actually build defenses and offensives where in Strategery it just seems to be random and lil nit picking at your territory, maybe its the AI

I do like Strategery, but if i had a choice...I would own both of them, and prob. play dice wars a lil more...
unless the Promised Awesomeness in an update for Strategery just changes everything
01-09-2009, 11:09 AM
Risk is definately one of my favorite games - I bought LUX DLX (there are TONS of maps to choose from, including the original world map that most Risk users are used to playing).

I also bought Strategery, which I love as well - this is a very simple pick up and play game, and I actually find myself playing it more than most of my other apps.
01-09-2009, 12:02 PM
I bought LUX DLX knowing about the faults. I felt the need to support the company that made the game I play so much, LUX touch. Once they fix LUX DLX a bit it will easily be the game I play the most.
01-09-2009, 01:10 PM
what about vConqr? any good?

↪ GameCenter : Igoo
01-09-2009, 01:30 PM
I've never really played Risk, but I like the concept a lot.

Is Lux DLX worth getting now? I heard it lags a lot, but they claim they're fixing that.