★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Brrrr... it's so cold. So very cold.

Brian, being the robot that he is, can usually tolerate such conditions, however there is something that is making Brian freeze up inside. It's his heart.

He fell asleep last night in the normal way that he does - curled up on the floor in the middle of his favourite server farm - but he awoke to a strange emptiness in his chest. He looked down and saw a gaping hole where his heart once was. How will he ever love again?

If he falls you must be there to pick him up, if he loses his way you must be there to guide him back to his path. You must challenge death itself for it is meaningless, only life, love and Brian exist.

/*
Brian is a puzzle platform game, it has 25 progressively more challenging levels, and an editor!
If you make a level that you're particularly proud of and want to share, take a screenshot (press home and power) and email it to us who knows might feature it in future map packs!

/*
My dad says : "It's the best iPhone game I've ever played! Though it is the only iPhone game I've ever played... will you get me an iPhone for my birthday?"

My partner says : "Awesome, that is actually really fun! So... are you ever going to get a proper job, or is this it?"

The person I buy my coffee from says : "Wow, that is pretty cool! But you're kind of holding up the line here."
*/

ImNoSuperMan's comments:
Video : http://www.vimeo.com/6751484

Lite Version : http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/brian-lite/id345122867?mt=8
12-03-2009, 07:07 AM
You forgot the period in the thread title -_- lol jk [but seriously ]

12-03-2009, 07:27 AM
Lol. Brian is a good friend and I know he wont mind the missing period

Gameplay Video : http://www.vimeo.com/6751484
12-03-2009, 08:16 AM
Title updated. Anyone try the game?

Looks like a lemmings type game. Video didnt show any music to the game though.

Crystal, OpenFeint, Plus+, Disc Drivin: Prab | Game Center: PrabSG

Last edited by Prab; 12-03-2009 at 08:21 AM.
12-03-2009, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prab View Post
Yay now I'm happy
12-03-2009, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Going to...
12-03-2009, 08:38 AM
Quote:

Looks like a lemmings type game. Video didnt show any music to the game though.
Looks like a combo of games no? I have yet to try it (operative word being YET) but I am sure I will break down at some point. Would be nice to hear from someone who played though if the placing of those obstacles / directionals is crisp.
12-03-2009, 08:42 AM
NEG: did you watch the video yet? http://www.vimeo.com/6751484

Crystal, OpenFeint, Plus+, Disc Drivin: Prab | Game Center: PrabSG
12-03-2009, 08:51 AM
Is this like Rat on the Run ?
12-03-2009, 08:52 AM
Game Impressions

Cute little game. I've played for about 10 minutes, but I'm already cleared about half the levels in the game. (Level 13 of 25). So, it's not going to last, not even an hour if I keep at it unless the last couple of levels are suddenly super hard. (The levels do seem to get a little more interesting as I progress, so it's possible, but yeah, a rather short game once you figured things out I think.) Game comes with a level editor that looks quite easy to use.

In the game, the robot is constantly moving forward. The objective is to get him to the exit by placing command blocks. What you do is you move blocks with signs on them (up-arrow for makes Brian. jump, stop sign makes him stop and turn around, go the other direction, lightning sign for making Brian. go faster.), position the blocks that will get Brian to jump, run, or change direction, so you he can get safely to the exit.

This is a real-time platform puzzle. It doesn't pause. (When you do pause the game, you can't do anything.) So you just have to place the command signs to get Brian. to do them. Brian. can die limitless times to spikes and fires, so you don't have to worry about him. When he dies, he immediately respawns at the entrance and starts walking again. Note that when he comes out of the entry point, he can go either left or right.

Controls are good. You just need to shift blocks around, there's no problem there. Graphics are very 8bit, but cute, so are the sounds. No sound tracks but you can listen to your own music.