★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Note:- Requires a camera so cannot be used on the iPod Touch.

Ace Cowboy Camera Shootout is one of the first iPhone apps to use the camera to create a virtual reality!

Worldwide smash hit!!

Having a hard day at the office?

Has your computer been annoying you?

Is your TV talking rubbish?

Has your car just broken down?

Well finally weve got the solution to all your problems.... Ace Cowboy Camera Shootout.

How often have you been sitting in the office working on a report for 3 hours when your computer suddenly shuts down. You could call IT and get them to fix it. You could pick up the nearest thing and smash it. But you quite like your most valuable employee plaque. Besides youd probably get the sack, and think of the mess for the poor cleaner.

How often have you sat up late at night when suddenly you decide youve seen one too many infomercials. But its a brand new plasma screen TV. You dont want to do anything stupid. Besides, now its you whod have to clean it up now.

How often have you been sitting on the side of the road with the hood up, your car just wont start. Not a single vehicle wants to stop for you. Several people toot. Some guy even gives you the bird. You could give the car a swift kick with you right boot. But lets face it, its gonna hurt your toe.

Ace Cowboy Camera Shootout is very realistic and totally ballistic. It is one of the first iPhone apps to overlay an image on the camera in real time. Look down the barrel of your simulated revolver and fire at your enemy. Whether it be the computer, the TV or your car. Realistic animation and sound effects will make it look like youve actually shot them.

But the fun doesnt end there. You can view the image youve taken, and save it to your photo album, where you can send it via email, MMS or save it to your contacts. At the start of the game you can also create a wanted poster which can be saved and sent as well.

You can target wood, glass and metal. All with their own sound effects and bullet hole animation. Now thats amazing value!

Left-handers dont worry we havent forgotten you. You do make up around 10% of the population. Turn your iPhone upside down and the controls totally work on the other side.

Ace Cowboy Camera Shootout has two shooting modes:

FREE MODE
Where you can fire at will and reload anytime.

6 SHOT MODE
This mode requires you to upgrade to the full version.

You only have 6 shots so make them count. At the end you can view a summary of your marksmanship and get a score out of 6. These results can also be saved to your photo album to be sent via email, MMS etc.

This is one of the first augmented reality apps in the iTunes store. Dont be the last in your street to own Wanted - Dead or Alive. For legal reasons we probably cant tell you that this is the greatest iPhone app in the known universe but I think you already know.

Ace Cowboy Camera Shootout is available in the following languages English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese and Japanese. Simply set your favorite language in your iPhone settings.

Webtopia iPhone Apps is the trading name for Poulet Maison Pty Ltd

Webtopia's comments:

Ace Cowboy Camera Shootout
12-03-2009, 08:43 AM
Anyone tried this one ? Is is touch control ? Any leaderboards? Any good?

12-03-2009, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cranker View Post
It's free. Try it.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
12-03-2009, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
It's free. Try it.
That's how lazy I am getting
12-03-2009, 09:22 AM

12-03-2009, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cranker View Post
Don't bother. It's just a fancy camera app that superimposes bullet holes on the pictures you take. It's about as fun as photoshopping the pictures on your digital camera. (And probably less interactive to boot.)

If it at least tracked the environment and made the bullet holes persistent as I moved the phone around, that would be cool. But as it is, it's slow, it's painful, the ads bar likes to pop over the firing mechanism at inopportune times, and the results don't justify the pain you go through just to fire each shot.

Save your time, your money, your storage space, and your peace of mind. Do not download this "game". (I use the term as loosely as possible.)
________
Marijuana strain index

Last edited by thewiirocks; 02-17-2011 at 12:13 AM.
12-03-2009, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewiirocks View Post
If it at least tracked the environment and made the bullet holes persistent as I moved the phone around, that would be cool. But as it is, it's slow, it's painful, the ads bar likes to pop over the firing mechanism at inopportune times, and the results don't justify the pain you go through just to fire each shot.
I'm not sure why you would the bullet holes to move. The whole point is to have a shootout with a friend. The bullet holes appear when you have fired. There's a little sight to show where you are going to hit, that moves in real-time.

I believe it's realistically slow, not excessively slow. The iPhone needs time to take a photo and store it. Any thumbnail photo that appears along the top can be quickly added to your photo album by dragging the photo to the control panel.

"Free mode" just let's you just fire at will. The full version can be purchased for only $0.99 by clicking on "6 Shot Mode". It removes the ads and makes it a proper game.

Yes it's a type of camera app, but it's more than that, it's augmented reality because it's mixed with a gun app. The "Free mode" is FREE it's different, and well worth a download.
12-03-2009, 04:04 PM
wow I love these augmented reality apps!
I've never been so sure about the success of a future technology as I am about this new foray into augmented reality (AR). This is a tech that is here to stay folks.
However, its true, this is definitely a weaker one....
Assassin FPS does the same thing, only better, and its not free....
PS: PM me if you know of any good AR apps and I'll add them to the list in my sig!

Add me for Modern Combat 3 => Plus+ & Gameloft Live & OF username: deenybird
The list of iPhone Augmented Reality Apps
12-03-2009, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewiirocks View Post
Don't bother. It's just a fancy camera app that superimposes bullet holes on the pictures you take. It's about as fun as photoshopping the pictures on your digital camera. (And probably less interactive to boot.)

Save your time, your money, your storage space, and your peace of mind. Do not download this "game". (I use the term as loosely as possible.)
Thanks for the summary and saving us the time. I download a bunch of free apps some I try some I haven't gotten around to trying. How lazy is that keeping unplayed free apps on the iPhone I haven't tried.

I do like ramp champ (currently a free download). I almost bought this a while ago. Very fun!
12-03-2009, 04:41 PM