★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Also check out Backbreaker 2! Out now on the App Store!

Follow us on Twitter (@NMGames)

Get the latest news on our Facebook page (www.facebook.com/naturalmotiongames)

Backbreaker is an intense, arcade football experience. Score touchdowns by sprinting, juking and spinning past waves of oncoming defenders, racking up combos and score multipliers on your way to the endzone!

** This is a special edition LITE version of the smash hit #1 iPhone football game! **
For a limited time only, Backbreaker Football invites you to take the KFC Doublicious Challenge!

-10 specially selected waves.
-A special touchdown celebration, exclusive to this update THE CHICKEN DANCE!
-Doublicious high-score table
-Share your scores and challenge friends via Facebook

This special edition version is only around for the next month so tell your friends and spread the Backbreaker word!

*** Full version available at a 50% limited time discount for only 99c! Search for BACKBREAKER on the App Store***

THE PRESS *LOVE* BACKBREAKER!
It's the most addictive sports game I've played on an iPhone. - Maxim

"Brilliant" - EDGE Magazine

It feels like PS3/360 gaming on a tiny little screen its THAT good! The Appera

Backbreaker Football looks amazing and the animations are topnotch. But you'd expect this of NaturalMotion - which provided the animation engine for GTA IV. Pocketgamer.co.uk

Just do yourself a favor and play the frickin game! The Appera

THIS LITE VERSION INCLUDES
- Ten hand-picked waves!
- A taster of the amazing tackles from the full game!
- A taster of the amazing graphics and animation that Backbreaker fans love!

FULL GAME DESCRIPTION

AMAZING GRAPHICS
Backbreaker Football brings next-gen console technology to the iPhone. Incredibly fluid animation (using NaturalMotions morpheme engine), bone-crunching tackles (based on endorphin simulation technology), a stunning 3D stadium and multi-angle instant replays. Show what your iPhone or iPod touch can REALLY do!

MULTIPLE GAMEPLAY MODES
Compete for the Golden Helmet awards in Challenge Mode or take the ultimate hardcore test in the gruelling 50 wave Endurance Mode.

CUSTOMIZATION
Choose your team and stick your name on the jersey!

UNLOCKABLE CONTENT
Unlock secret content by completing Challenges and winning helmets.

FACEBOOK INTEGRATION
Post your best scores on Facebook and see how you stack up against your friends.

FUN FOR ANYONE
Easy to pick up but tricky to master... and maddeningly addictive!

Follow us on Twitter for the latest update news: @Backbreaker

www.backbreakergame.com

*** Full version available at a 50% limited time discount for only 99c! ***

Rob_Donald's comments:
Ello!

Rob from NaturalMotion here. You might have already bought Backbreaker, if so... thanks! If not, we've just gone live with our free LITE version.

We launched it to celebrate the 505 Games announcement a couple of days ago announcing their signing of our new Backbreaker console title. That's out on 360 and PS3 next year.

So... hope you guys like the freebie version... oh, and how's it going with the update? We added a pro mode to make everyone happy. Lots of people thought it was too easy! Try it now... STILL too easy? You're a psycho... but ok, try the Hardcore nmode, free with the updated version.

Laters
Rob
12-03-2009, 10:31 AM
For the people who haven't tried this game, at least try the lite, its good

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon

12-03-2009, 11:20 AM
Thanks!

Hope you're following us at @Backbreaker on Twitter. I'm @Rob_Donald

I've got some codes to give away as a comp and trying to work out a fun way of doing it
12-03-2009, 11:58 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to Darkjuarez
this mans speaks of the truth.....the game is really good, if u dont believe us try the lite, what do u have to lose?
12-03-2009, 02:11 PM
have to say, from the vids its seems kind fo easy/repetative, but after playing the lite this is on my to buy list for sure.

good job and congrats on the console title, have been excited for that for ages
12-04-2009, 07:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by idrisguitar View Post
have to say, from the vids its seems kind fo easy/repetative, but after playing the lite this is on my to buy list for sure.
Seconded. I bought the full version straight away after trying the lite. Well worth the minimal investment!
12-04-2009, 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Donald View Post
Thanks!

Hope you're following us at @Backbreaker on Twitter. I'm @Rob_Donald

I've got some codes to give away as a comp and trying to work out a fun way of doing it
What about first ten highest score screenshot from Lite version? (damn, I didn't save my highest one!)

Four most influential games: Papi Jump, iDracula, Fieldrunners, Flight Control.
12-05-2009, 06:08 AM
hey Rob_Donald, how can I unlock character customization? I've bought the full version and unlocked the golden helmet. Is it just a name or can we wear it? What about custom uniforms? Is there anything like in Homerun Battle?

Four most influential games: Papi Jump, iDracula, Fieldrunners, Flight Control.