★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

12-03-2009, 02:41 PM
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

According to IGN:

Quote:
US, December 3, 2009 - iPhone will join the ranks of just about every single video game device made as it receives its very own version of Capcom's Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney. The company announced today in Japan an iPhone/iPod touch version of the first entry in the critically acclaimed courtroom drama series.

Based off the screenshots, this looks like a version of the DS Phoenix Wright remake. The game has full touch controls, complete with new iPhone-specific "flick" controls.

We don't have a final date or pricing at present, but Capcom said to expect a release soon.

It's unclear if this will include both Japanese and international versions. Capcom has been good about keeping up with the series outside of Japan, so we imagine an English version will be available on the App Store.
12-03-2009, 02:59 PM
i release soon? i would love to have it by the end of the year

12-03-2009, 03:02 PM
Freakin' awesome.

That is all.
12-03-2009, 03:41 PM
Objection! 'Phoenix Wright' Coming to iPhone

TA Front Page

Quote:
Wait, I don't object to that, at all actually. According to Famitsu (via andriasang), Capcom announced an iPhone game based on the popular Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney series at at talk held earlier today at the Apple Store in Ginza, Japan. We have very few details right now aside from a set of screenshots, usage of "flick" input methods, and mobile content head Takeshi Tezuka assured the crowd that the game would be more than just a port.

Phoenix Wright games are a strange mixture of a visual adventure game that play a lot like mixture of a hidden object game and a "Choose Your Own Adventure" book. The game is segmented in to two portions, the investigation and the trial. While investigating, you visit various location and gather evidence by looking around and interviewing anyone who is around. When you're finished with that, you go to court where you cross examine witnesses, present evidence, and object to the arguments presented by the prosecuting lawyer.

Here is a trailer for the DS version of the game:

While a Phoenix Wright game is a very welcome addition to Capcom's lineup of games on the iPhone, I hope Capcom designs the game with the play style of most iPhone gamers in mind. Cases in previous Phoenix Wright games have been fairly elaborate, and it's hard to say how well that will translate to this platform

Last edited by ImNoSuperMan; 12-03-2009 at 03:48 PM.
12-03-2009, 04:18 PM
This is gonna be a long agonizing wait! Imported two of the three DS games so I could play them right away. I hope they make use of DLC.
12-03-2009, 04:24 PM
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES F*CK YES!!!!!

My iPod will be complete as soon as this is released!

7/26/10-- Matt Garza throws first no-hitter in Rays history!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyoHazuki View Post
It may strike you as disrespectful to ask questions, that's ok, it strikes me as stupid not to.
12-03-2009, 05:12 PM
Awesome! hope the iPhone picks up in japan... maybe we'll get more DS titles...
12-03-2009, 05:20 PM
I am not going to buy ANYTHING until this game comes out (well, maybe the Verruckt map but nothing else). The single best DS game ever created, and one of the best portable games ever. I can't wait. I hope that by not being a direct port that means they'll be making use of DLC and maybe adding a 6th case too, like how they added a 5th case when it went from GBA to DS.

And I'm gonna be dying for the next few weeks. I hope approval doesn't take too long... And I hope Langdell doesn't see this game, he'd probably pull it for having the name Edgeworth in it...
12-03-2009, 05:28 PM
I read the original Famitsu article. It says:

手塚氏は「タイトルの移植ではなく、モバイル向けに新作のつもりで取り組んでいます」と、iPhone向け ゲームに対し、本気で取り組んでいることをアピールし、トークセッションを締めた

The short paraphrased translation is that "it's not going to be a port, but an all-new game directed toward the mobile market," and that they are "serious about iPhone game development."

It helps to be Japanese
12-03-2009, 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terribad View Post
I read the original Famitsu article. It says:

手塚氏は「タイトルの移植ではなく、モバイル向けに新作のつもりで取り組んでいます」と、iPhone向け ゲームに対し、本気で取り組んでいることをアピールし、トークセッションを締めた

The short paraphrased translation is that "it's not going to be a port, but an all-new game directed toward the mobile market," and that they are "serious about iPhone game development."

It helps to be Japanese
Oh, thanks for the update dude. Seeing Redd White I just thought it was going to be a port of the first one. Hopefully they include the original games as DLC though, I'd like to be able to play them on my iPod. I do hope the new cases are as good as the originals though, but knowing Capcom they always do a good job (umm... just ignore the Ghosts 'n Goblins update...)