★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Smee-Ball: Using the Side Rails

12-03-2009, 03:11 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Smee-Ball: Using the Side Rails

Picked up Skee-Ball this morning. After reading the glowing reviews praising the physics engine and reality of game play, I was looking forward to aiming balls near the end of a side rail to bounce them back to the middle. This is how I have played the real game for decades.

Much to my surprise, I am unable to do this. The aiming seems limited to between the end points of the lane. On the Skyworks version I can hit the sides easily.

Am I missing something?
12-03-2009, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregB View Post
Picked up Skee-Ball this morning. After reading the glowing reviews praising the physics engine and reality of game play, I was looking forward to aiming balls near the end of a side rail to bounce them back to the middle. This is how I have played the real game for decades.

Much to my surprise, I am unable to do this. The aiming seems limited to between the end points of the lane. On the Skyworks version I can hit the sides easily.

Am I missing something?
I like the game, but no you're not missing something. I also wish it would simulate this much used strategy.

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon
12-03-2009, 03:29 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_952000 View Post
I like the game, but no you're not missing something. I also wish it would simulate this much used strategy.
Just realized I miss-spelled in the subject line (Smee instead of Skee) and exiting does not allow me to fix.

Moderator, can you fix please?

And thank you for your response. Ok, so it's not just me :-). I started a thread on Freeverse's forum hoping Freeverse will see and consider an update. Feel free to chime in there as well.