★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Soar through the sky from building to building! Fling your rope and swing across the gap, but be careful of the buzzsaw! Capture valuable power-ups in your quest to save the city.

Enjoy multiple modes of play and worldwide leaderboards powered by Plus+.

Features:
- Plus+ worldwide leaderboards
- Awards for skillful maneuvers
- Real 3D cityscape
- Authentic physics
- Obstacles and power-ups
- Dynamic sound effects
- 3 Modes of play with 4 levels of difficulty
- Dynamic weather

Fling that rope and swing away!

estyst's comments:
There is a new game called City Swing... with plus+. No info about it however, anywhere.

I have been playing today and... well...

Game itself feels a bit like Sway to me (I haven't been playing any "rope jumpers"), but there is ony "one long arm" (the rope). However it is set within post-apocalyptic(?) theme... and there is green(?) skinned guy (?). Icon is a bit odd BTW.

Gameplay itself seems to be smooth however, so any "rope jump" fan should enjoy at least lite version. There are some power-ups and hazards, and a few achievements in full version (plus+) too.

Over all game looks a bit coarse... it's not exactly the sort of game you will expect from plus+.

for reference:

12-03-2009, 05:50 PM
Game Impressions

I believe this is from the dev who created iHunt. Anyway, at first I wasn't convinced that I liked this game; now I 100% know the game is truly addictive I played literally for hours today.

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon

Last edited by Zincous; 12-03-2009 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Testing out "Game Impressions" edits

12-03-2009, 05:59 PM
Game Impressions

Yeah, they dumped this one out a couple of days ago, but didn't actually promote or discuss it at all. It seems strange to me that developers think they can just throw a game on to the store and walk away, and expect the game sell anything. Success on the App Store is about promotion and marketing, and it is shocking to me that most developers don't seem to understand that.

Anyways, the game itself is okay. I really hated it at first, but once I figured out that you tilt the device to change how fast the character moves, the game actually became pretty fun. For a proof of concept, at least. This game NEVER should have been released in it's current state.

On the presentation side, the artwork is bland, the sound effects are incomplete, there is no music, the menu uses ugly graphics and buttons that feel like they are straight out of a '90s HTML page, the font is bland, and there is absolutely no story or explanation for why you're swinging from a bunch of buildings and why some are on fire.

On the gameplay side, your character sometimes spawns right on top of deadly unavoidable hazards or impassable drops, consumable icons don't actually indicate what they do, swinging feels imprecise, tapping on buildings at high speeds is very difficult, some areas are absolutely impossible to pass.

There is the potential for a good game here, but this should have been a very early development build. It is absolutely unacceptable as a release product.

AfterPad.com - MFi Gaming News | Game List | Controllers | Twitter
12-03-2009, 06:06 PM
FYI they gave away 25 promo codes a couple of days ago.

The game works but it (as already stated) seems like an early build. It is a little hard on the eyes but certainly could be a good game with more time. It is no where near the level (polish) of other similar games.
12-03-2009, 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
FYI they gave away 25 promo codes a couple of days ago.

The game works but it (as already stated) seems like an early build. It is a little hard on the eyes but certainly could be a good game with more time. It is no where near the level (polish) of other similar games.
While I agree that the graphics and UI are nowhere near as nice as Rope Raider's, I am finding the physics very fun in the raw form presented here.

Also, there is level randomization that is a very influencing factor in whether I'll play a game over and over. That is why on impossible difficulty there is sometimes a fire or buzzsaw immediately on your hero when the level starts.

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon

Last edited by rich_952000; 12-03-2009 at 06:20 PM.
12-03-2009, 06:48 PM
Hm, with Plus+? This looks pretty good.

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon
05-09-2010, 12:22 PM
I hadn't heard of this game until now.

I thought Plus+ was more of a "quality over quantity" network.

After this and Slingshot Safari...what's going on?