★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Promo ads. Please don't.

01-09-2009, 01:36 PM
Promo ads. Please don't.

Just bought Labyrinth. Big promo ad on the main page for Touchgrind. It's right next to the bottom bar with the control buttons. I'm really hoping it goes away soon.

Tap Tap Revenge. I've bought TTDance and don't want the promo ad for that to appear every time.

It feels like I'm buying something that was free and I have to accept the in-game advertising. If you want to do this, dismiss it after 3 startups and do not do another unless you update.

Ads in games? Fine if you want to.
Pushing your products in a game I bought? No thanks. It is extremely annoying and to be honest makes me LESS likely to buy anything else from you because I know it is effectively carrying ads.
01-09-2009, 01:39 PM
Send a message via AIM to superbad
if free im OKAY with advertising even if they plaster it everywhere, it's their right.

however, paid games such as those ng:moco games need their small banners for other games removed.

i friggin have all their games for chrissakes.

PLEASE Visit The APPera | Follow Me Superbad24 | Follow The APPera Tweets
LOST. Let Go. Move On. Zing!
**GO LAKERS **

01-09-2009, 01:39 PM
Send a message via AIM to istopmotion Send a message via MSN to istopmotion
For reference.

I don't mind ads too much as long as they don't make the game look unappealing. I don't appreciate it when developers add them to a game that I paid for, but it's not the worst thing in the world. Just slightly annoying.

Please follow me on Twitter!
I LOVE all Guitar Hero/Rock Band games. Gamertag is 'istopmotion' Add me if you want a challenge
01-09-2009, 01:44 PM
Here's some more ad related opinions.
My view on ads is this: I love 'em. If I could marry an ad, I would...
01-09-2009, 01:46 PM
Yeah, I actually don't mind them so long as they aren't taking over the screen. Moto Chasers small ones in the bottom corner were fine with me. With the thousands of apps in the app store, I really can't blame developers advertising their other apps when they can be hard to find in the store otherwise. Keep them small and out of the way and that's fine with me.
01-09-2009, 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wastedyuthe View Post
Yeah, I actually don't mind them so long as they aren't taking over the screen. Moto Chasers small ones in the bottom corner were fine with me. With the thousands of apps in the app store, I really can't blame developers advertising their other apps when they can be hard to find in the store otherwise. Keep them small and out of the way and that's fine with me.
Yea, same here. (Except the ones that take up the whole screen and u have to touch cancel to continue)
01-09-2009, 07:13 PM
I don't mind ngmoco's 'more games' link because it's unobtrusive - and hey, they gotta eat, right? I don't like in your face advertising for a paid game.
01-09-2009, 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by different View Post
I don't mind ngmoco's 'more games' link because it's unobtrusive - and hey, they gotta eat, right? I don't like in your face advertising for a paid game.
i dont like advertisement in paid games. and ngmoco's ads are stupid; they just advertise their games so they dont gain money and piss off customers.

I'M ON A MAC MOTHAF*@%!

Cloudcell, Plus+, Baseball Slugger, TTR: dannys95
01-09-2009, 07:22 PM
I don't mind ads in paid games. When you think about it, you pay $50 for console games that display some sort of ad when you load it.

TA's resident ios rhythm game player
Former #1 Rhythm Control 2 Player (#2 now)
Unofficial #1 Gears Player (ignoring hackers)
Check out my Rhythm Game thread
01-09-2009, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coconutbowling View Post
I don't mind ads in paid games. When you think about it, you pay $50 for console games that display some sort of ad when you load it.
I do?