★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: ** Amateur Surgeon Christmas returns to the App Store for the 2010 holidays! **
"I like clever games. I like amusing games. I like gross-out bloody games. I like funny games. And most of all, I like free games. Amateur Surgeon Christmas Edition is all of the above." - whatsoniphone.com

The perfect gift for your little surgeon. -Brickroll

Celebrate the season by slicing into Santa and his helpers to save Christmas in this follow-up to Adult Swim Games' Amateur Surgeon. Set 10 years after the original, Alan Probe is now a hot-shot surgeon zooming around the globe in his own private jet. An unfortunate mid-air collision with a flying reindeer crash-lands him at the North Pole and he's the only one qualified to operate on the wounded. With a steady hand, a palette of do-it-yourself tools from the elves' workshop, and a little luck Santa will be on time to make his rounds this year.

Five levels of holiday operating fun
Perform DIY surgery on an elf, a yeti, and Santa Claus himself
Use the tools from Santa's shop to resuscitate your patients
Touch screen to choose instruments
Slide finger to make incisions
Rub screen to cauterize wounds and apply healing Pixie Dust, etc.
Zoom in for better precision
Save Christmas!
12-03-2009, 11:07 PM
Awesome! Odd that the original game is not available in my store, but this Christmas edition is. lol

Crystal, OpenFeint, Plus+, Disc Drivin: Prab | Game Center: PrabSG

12-03-2009, 11:09 PM
woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot yeah baby free game= free awesomeness
12-03-2009, 11:20 PM
This app is racist to reindeers and derogatory to elves!

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
12-03-2009, 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prab View Post
Awesome! Odd that the original game is not available in my store, but this Christmas edition is. lol
yeah... I'm hoping Adult Swim can fix this. I really don't understand why the original, which is truly awesome, is not available in Asia but this version is.

I'm hoping that Adult Swim can fix this? Surely it would mean just pressing some simple button somewhere and making a whole load more people very happy - that would be the best Xmas gift for me! Hoping...
12-04-2009, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ataloss View Post
yeah... I'm hoping Adult Swim can fix this. I really don't understand why the original, which is truly awesome, is not available in Asia but this version is.

I'm hoping that Adult Swim can fix this? Surely it would mean just pressing some simple button somewhere and making a whole load more people very happy - that would be the best Xmas gift for me! Hoping...
Looking into this. I'm not sure why this would be either but I'll see if we can get that changed.

Also, we did a commercial for the game. Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJGO1N7ZWIM

I don't think I can actually embed things here but there y'ar.
12-04-2009, 03:41 PM
Embedded:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
12-04-2009, 03:48 PM
If it wasnt free, Id have to make a bookmark icon just have the name Amateur Surgeon Christmas Edition on my phone Awesome name.

But it IS free! I dont know or care what the game is like. It is mine.

M⚙rgan Adams Game Center: Adams Immersive
My first iOS game: Scree treasure landslide (Forum thread)
My upcoming VR horror experience: This is Not the Church of the Worm (Forum thread)
My first iOS app: DotSpace spatial grid checklist (Forum thread)
12-07-2009, 03:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimCeej View Post
Looking into this. I'm not sure why this would be either but I'll see if we can get that changed.
It's been a few days (sorry for bumping this thread) - Just wondering if anyone else is having this hassle. The Xmas edition can be downloaded very easily here in Asia but the original version is still unavailble.

Can the developer/publisher give any feedback after the weekend???
11-23-2010, 12:55 PM
We've rereleased this game for the 2010 holidays. And it's still free. (Also coming later today is Robot Unicorn Attack Christmas.)