★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: FREE this weekend only "Flight Before Christmas"

12-04-2009, 01:49 AM
FREE this weekend only "Flight Before Christmas"

Youtube link | Pop Up

An early Christmas present for you,
"Flight Before Christmas" is FREE but for this weekend only!

iTunes Link : Click Here

This Christmas themed game lets you:

· Draw Santa’s Flight Path
· Builds on the path-drawing genre with a new Combo System
· Built from the ground up for... Christmas

Merry Christmas from Enabled

==========================

App Store Description:

The Flight Before Christmas

==========
Coming Soon version 1.1
* OpenFeint for High Scores
* At popular request, Rudolph and his red nose
==========

“Tis the flight before Christmas, and up in the air,
there are helicopters, UFO’s and planes everywhere.”

Fly through the night in Santa’s sleigh and direct your team of reindeer to deliver presents to the sleeping occupants in the houses below. But watch out for the other flying objects, or not even Rudolph’s bright red nose will save you!

The elves are threatening to put Santa on a stringent diet if he doesn’t score well - so choose your course carefully and clock up bonus combo points by delivering to multiple households without altering your flight path. Deliver to all the houses in the neighbourhood to proceed to the next level.

So fly high, score well, and make sure Santa is allowed his share of the Christmas pudding.

Last edited by Ringo50k; 12-04-2009 at 11:53 AM.
12-04-2009, 01:51 AM
Just waiting for it to update in the store

12-04-2009, 01:54 AM
Cool, thanks!
12-04-2009, 03:34 AM
Game Impressions

Absolutely cute. Thank you very much. A nice step forwards in path drawing games. Familiar sounds (warnings), put on headphones alone for the stereophonic crashing noise. Very polished, runs smooth on my old iPhone 3G.

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)
12-04-2009, 04:09 AM
Yet another interesting concept added to line drawing games. Thanks for the wonderful present!
I noticed that after a certain target score, you move to a new level. How many levels are there? Would be cool to have an additional "survival" mode for each level, like in previous line drawing games.
12-04-2009, 11:56 AM
Just added the new YouTube video to the first post.
12-04-2009, 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam the lion View Post
Yet another interesting concept added to line drawing games. Thanks for the wonderful present!
I noticed that after a certain target score, you move to a new level. How many levels are there? Would be cool to have an additional "survival" mode for each level, like in previous line drawing games.
Glad you like it.

Yea the unique thing about Flight Before Christmas is Santa is dropping presents into each unique chimney on the map.
Then if you clear that area you go to another map / level.

There are only two maps so far. But you revisit the maps as you clear each level with increasing difficulty.

If people embrace FBC we could look at adding more maps / levels and I'll make a note of your "survival mode" suggestion.

If anyone else has suggestions to improve the game, let us know.
12-04-2009, 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo50k View Post
Glad you like it.

There are only two maps so far. But you revisit the maps as you clear each level with increasing difficulty.
Yeah, I noticed that by now It's not really a problem.. the game is cool the way it is now. However it will be interesting to see what happens if it takes off and you decide to develop new maps. I hope that being featured on TA will help with the exposure.
12-04-2009, 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam the lion View Post
Yeah, I noticed that by now It's not really a problem.. the game is cool the way it is now. However it will be interesting to see what happens if it takes off and you decide to develop new maps. I hope that being featured on TA will help with the exposure.
We have some ideas on how to make the new maps a lot more interesting and challenging.

Being featured on Touch Arcade is great!
We've already seen a massive increase in people downloading the game in just a few hours.
And we've also got a fair few mentions on twitter - so thanks to everyone who's spreading the word.
12-04-2009, 11:09 PM
Version 1.1 will bring OpenFeint and that means on-line High Scores.

So while we wait for the update to be approved - what scores are people helping Santa to reach?

I've reached 1,430 Points.