★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Audio Puzzle - $0.99 this weekend only!

12-04-2009, 04:45 AM
Audio Puzzle - Rediscover your music!

You've done your share of zany sheep-herding and now it's time to split up the brothers, move to the big city, sit back and enjoy your music. Audio Puzzle, the revolutionary musical puzzle game by Dexoris, the makers of Peter und Vlad, is available on the App Store for an introductionary price of $0.99 till Monday 7th of December!

This game is built upon the concept of making use of the gigantic music collection most of you have on your iPhone/iPod and allow you to rediscover old and forgotten tunes through engaging game-play. How do we do it? Obviously by turning each and every song in your music collection into a jigsaw puzzle!

For experienced jigsaw puzzlers this means that you cannot simply rely on your vision but must instead use your hearing together with your knowledge of music to figure out how the pieces go together.

For music lovers, this introduces a new dimension to your music collection and allows you to rediscover old classics.

But it's time to cut the crap and show you a full list of features:
  • Audio Puzzle turns every song from your music collection into an exciting jigsaw puzzle!
  • Either choose the music yourself or let the game fetch random songs from the murky depths of your music collection!
  • 3 gameplay modes: Basic, Distraction and Hardcore, that each allows for infinite amount of gameplay!
  • Tutorial that teaches you the basics!
  • Intuitive touch controls!
  • Dazzling graphics!
  • Use the album artwork as background while you play!
  • Recommend songs to your friends as you rediscover old classics by playing the game!
  • Songs are easily skippable to save you from the embarrassment when you need to quickly hide your dirty music secrets!
So you should grab your copy of Audio Puzzle for only $0.99 while it's still hot off the presses. While you're at it you might also check out our previous title, the well received and joyful herding adventure Peter und Vlad, now for only $0.99. This excellent offer last until Monday, 7th of December, and then both titles will go steady for the price of $1.99.

We also have tons of updates and related applications in the pipes so stay tuned! We recommend that you become a fan on Facebook or follow us on Twitter so you'll be the first one to get the scoop on offers or updates.

Last edited by johannth; 01-10-2010 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Changed title because of new price.
12-04-2009, 06:03 AM
wooo

First impressions:

firstly is sooooo polished, very beautiful, and i love the fact you can turn on the album artwork in the background.

secondly, playing a game with YOUR music library makes anything better, i can sit and listen to my music all day, so having a game that is fun and allows me to play while interacting with my music is brilliant.

the animation when join up the pieces are also very beautiful, the attention to detail and flair is a marvel to look at.

i definitely enjoy it and by a mile it is worth the 0.99.

the slight negatives are that, the gameplay is a little simple, and even on hardcore mode im finding rather easy, however this is probably because i know all of my music inside out, so i imagine playing with songs im not quite familiar with will increase the difficulty.

the other slight improvement request i would ask for is that when you complete a puzzle, you should leave the song playing, dont fade it out and move along, sometimes when i put the last piece on i just want to listen to the rest of the song, but the game forces you to move on almost right away. having an button popup when finished so the user can choose when to move on would be great.

overall its very enjoyable, and very cool that you can play with your own music (more games need to incorporate this, now with os 3.0 well and truly widespread). the simple gameplay helps in the way that you can enjoy your music while relaxing and playing, but to some it may seem a little too simple.

my thoughts pre-release were very positive from the video, and after playing it, its fun, for sure, but for more than 1.99 the gameplay seems a little too simplistic.

catch it while its cheap for sure though.

Last edited by idrisguitar; 12-04-2009 at 06:41 AM.

12-04-2009, 06:56 AM
Thank you for the positive feedback

Yes we can polish the game further and we are :-) Just wait for the updates coming.

Furthermore we are well ahead with other games taking this concept much further. So stick by us and we will deliver no question.

GamePlay, we thought much about it and decided to have the game as is. We experimented with social networking and scoring. But in the end it's about your songs and your unique experience.

There is so much we wanted to do with this technology but are restricted to what is open to us by Apple. We will be pushing our selfs, and hopefully work with Apple to do more surprising fun games in this new genre.
12-04-2009, 08:58 AM
Video?

idrisguitar do you have any means of doing a video? Would be fun to see what you are listening to :-)
12-04-2009, 12:48 PM
How do you like it?
12-04-2009, 05:28 PM
Music Artist

We are looking for some well known music artists to work with on future updates. Do you know an artist that would like to work with us on future updates? Then please contact us on http://www.dexoris.com/support
12-04-2009, 05:36 PM
Game Impressions

Great game IMO, buy now. Good to my mix of death and thrash metal and muse.

Hey I'm Rob, I occasionally write for TouchArcade! Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/robfunnell3
12-04-2009, 05:42 PM
Wow. Now this looks awesome. Thanks for the sale.

OF = Heffdog116
Plus+ = Heffman21 Add me
GameCenter = JerryIsAlive
12-04-2009, 06:58 PM
Your welcome, we thought this would be a great intro price. Hope you like the game, we are very happy with it.
12-04-2009, 07:05 PM
this looks excellent - on me way to buy !

Stop viewing Signatures
->editoptions->Scroll down to "Thread Display Options"->Uncheck "Show Signatures"->Scroll down, hit "Save Changes"