★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: zinc Roe
  • Genre: Kids
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 4.8 MB
  • Version: 1.3
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Tickle Tap Apps presents Field Flier, the imaginative app that lets preschoolers explore a day in the life of Robin the bird. A hands down favourite. At one point I turned around to catch my daughter kissing the bird on the screen. My Sweet Baby

Field Flyer is an entertaining and open-ended learning adventure. Children tap the screen to show Robin where to fly. Along the way they discover where Robin likes to go and what Robin likes to do. Robin sings, swims in a pond, sits in a nest, hides in a tree, hops, dances and more! Accompanying voiceovers reinforce action words and help expand growing vocabularies.

My son loves Field Flier and keeps saying lil birdie, daddy! The simple graphics are cute and perfect. Dylan Aishiteru, Dad

Fun and imaginative with great illustrations, sound and interaction. The Best iPhone Apps 4 Kids

Field Flier helps children:
- Learn about the environment
- Learn action words
- Imagine and explore

Recommended for ages 3-5.

AWARDS FOR TICKLE TAP APPS:
Parents' Choice Gold for Sound Shaker and Sort Slider, Silver for Count Caddy. zinc Roe design offers a suite of bright and colorful apps for the youngest users... With its welcoming continuity of voice and characters, this age-appropriate playful prologue is deliciously intriguing to those eager to learn. Parents' Choice jury

Editors Choice from the Childrens Technology Review for Sound Shaker and Color Collector, recognizing no fail products, worthy of their cost, and able to keep children engaged for days at a time.

PRAISE FOR TICKLE TAP APPS:
I really like these apps, I think the simple animation allows a preschooler to focus on the task and not be distracted be too many things going on at the same time. Tech Talk for Moms

ABOUT TICKLE TAP APPS
Tickle, tap, laugh and learn! Tickle Tap Apps are age-appropriate educational games preschoolers can play anywhere. Visit TickleTapApps.com to watch a demo and find out more.

zinc Roe is a member of Moms with Apps, a collaborative group of family-friendly developers seeking to promote quality apps for kids and families.
Recommended Ages: 1-3, 4-7
Categories: Creative Play,Games
Video: http://youtu.be/-Om3Pn8jKJM

Download and enjoy these Tickle Tap Apps too!
- Tickle Tap Toddler Pack
- Sound Shaker
- Count Caddy
- Sort Slider
- Pattern Painter
- Color Collector
- Word Wiggler
- Find Fins
- Bug Builder

zincNessa's comments:
Field Flier
Field Flier is an imaginative app that lets preschoolers explore a day in the life of Robin the bird.
Children tap the screen to show Robin where to fly. Along the way they discover where Robin likes to go and what Robin likes to do. Robin sings, swims in a pond, sits in a nest, hides in a tree, hops, dances and more! Accompanying voiceovers reinforce action words and help expand growing vocabularies. Field Flyer is an entertaining and open-ended learning adventure.

Field Flier helps children:
-Learn about the environment
-Learn action words
-Imagine and explore

Recommended for ages 3-5.

Download from the App Store

Youtube link | Pop Up
12-04-2009, 11:06 AM
Game Impressions

I got to beta this, it's a cute app where you tap and the bird flies around. If you tap on something in particular the bird will interact with what you tapped on, and there is a nice voice over announcing that the bird "is eating" "is sleeping" "is dancing" etc.

I let a few kids play with this at Thanksgiving (ages 9mo to 3 years, all girls) and while they liked it, they liked Sound Shaker better...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!

Last edited by drelbs; 12-04-2009 at 12:19 PM.

12-04-2009, 11:14 AM
Send a message via AIM to otggamer
Quote:
Originally Posted by drelbs View Post
I got to beta this, it's a cute app where you tap and the bird flies around. If you tap on something in particular the bird will interact with what you tapped on, and there is a nice voice over announcing that the bird "is eating" "is sleeping" "is dancing" etc.

I let a few kids play with this at Thanksgiving (ages 9mo to 3 years, all girls) and while they liked it, they liked Sound Shaker better...)
Thanks for the info, need to get over my fears and just let my 2.75 year old daughter play with my iPod and try out some of these great looking titles from zinc Roe. I need my iPod for my reviews and just have this fear that it will not survive. ;-)

Founder / Editor In Chief - AppAddict.net
Twitter: @OTGGamer
12-04-2009, 11:21 AM
I let my daughter play with my iPod Touch all the time, she's better at not dropping it than I am!

She currently loves: Sound Shaker, AWazDat, Bobble Zoo, Tappy Tunes, and Bebot.

I guess she's more into things that make noise right now.

Quote:
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
12-04-2009, 11:46 AM
Send a message via AIM to otggamer
Thanks for even more suggestions.

Founder / Editor In Chief - AppAddict.net
Twitter: @OTGGamer
12-04-2009, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by otggamer View Post
Thanks for even more suggestions.
No problem.

Also, I keep my iPod Touch in a leather DLO flip case, which helps. I've dropped it at least a dozen times, 4-5 times from standing height onto a hard surface.

Back to the topic, I've been very impressed with the Tickle Tap Apps, I'd recommend them to anyone who has kids - Sound Shaker has been very popular with kids I've shown it to so far (and a few adults, too! They always like the little bird that hatches and flies away...)

Quote:
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
12-04-2009, 12:27 PM
ZincRoe has Aaaahhhmmmmaaaaaaazzzzzziiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnngggggghh hh Apps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by otggamer View Post
I need my iPod for my reviews and just have this fear that it will not survive. ;-)
Why fear whn Ottrbox is here?

Mis-quotes!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSon View Post
The bottom two is where you can buy your bottom turrets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
at this point I should say we're not looking for anymore guys
12-04-2009, 02:07 PM
We are also running a promo in the Promo Codes & Contests forum where you can receive a promo code for a Tickle Tap App by signing up for our Tickle Tap Times Newsletter!

zinc Roe - creators of Tickle Tap Apps & Doodlecast Pro
http://itunes.apple.com/ca/artist/zinc-roe/id304899241
12-21-2009, 10:09 AM
My son is going to love this app! Highly recommended for any parents wanting to see a big smile on their kid's face.

Gameloft Live/OpenFeint/AGON/Plus+/iTunes Reviewer: Revlisoft / GameCenter: SilverDragon / Favs: Project Phoenix Doodle Jump Dungeon Hunter 2 Sentinel 1/2/3 Tiny Tower Cartoon Wars GoldRush Dragon Portals Puzzle Quest 2 AoD Trenches Order & Chaos Nick Chase Superfall

Last edited by Revlisoft; 12-21-2009 at 10:53 AM.
12-22-2009, 03:48 PM
Cute and funny for kids

This is a very simple and enjoyable game for children. The player directs the flying bird to each of 12 different, repeatable hotspots, indicated by a flashing target. The bird then does some form of action, like dancing to the radio or reading a newspaper in the tree. That's it and that's probably all it needs to be for kids 2 and under. My daughter is three and she liked it, but was done with it fairly quickly. She's probably just spoiled by Little Big Planet. As always, a nice effort by zincNessa with clean graphics and important learning elements.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL