★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Battle Blasters a new fighting-shooting game for iPhone *Official Thread*

12-04-2009, 11:00 AM
Battle Blasters a new fighting-shooting game for iPhone *Official Thread*

Little Guy Games is an indie developer from Toronto, Canada. We are pleased to announce our first iPhone game - Battle Blasters. Battle Blasters is a fighting / shooting game featuring multiple characters with unique shooting styles and special abilities.

Here are some character portraits:

Here are some screenshots:

Main Game Menu:

Gabrielle's Stage:

BROC's Stage:

Character Select Menu:

Animus' Stage:

The game will be submitted to Apple really soon and we are hoping it will be released on the store before the holidays.

Check out our web site http://www.littleguygames.com for more info on the game.

Follow us on twitter https://twitter.com/littleguygames

Last edited by stan_j; 01-04-2010 at 11:34 AM.
12-04-2009, 11:04 AM
hi stan! welcome to TA, well anyway your game looks pretty cool. what's the gameplay like? moving side-to-side while shooting? by the way the red ninja dude looks like he came out of Mortal Kombat

Founder of Sgarrista Air Brigade
Devs, if you want reviews click here!
Yep, I'm a Brony
PSN: AeroFlare7221

Last edited by h0130j03; 12-04-2009 at 11:08 AM.

12-04-2009, 11:05 AM
Looks retro, I like it.

What are the other features? Online leaderboards? Achievements? Multiplayer? How many levels?

OpenFeint/Agon: Waward
Plus+: Ward
Beta Tester for Minigore & Katchup!
12-04-2009, 11:28 AM
Thanks for the welcome!

Quote:
what's the gameplay like? moving side-to-side while shooting?
The shooting in the game is entirely gesture based, so your character's shots fire in the direction of your finger swipes. There are two types of shots - power shots, which are slow and quick shots which are fast. Power shots will destroy quick shots, but quick shots travel faster.

In addition you can deflect your opponent's shots via a parry system.

You can also use your character's special abilities.

In addition to the different special abilities, each character has different stats: speed, power, and armor and feels distinctly different.

Check out the Pocket Gamer preview for more info on the game:
http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPhon...ws.asp?c=17069

Quote:
What are the other features? Online leaderboards? Achievements? Multiplayer? How many levels?
Facebook connect leaderboards and updates, unlockable characters via completing the game on various difficulty levels. Three difficulty levels (easy, medium, and hard) with supreme difficulty level unlockable upon completing the game on hard. Multiplayer mode is available on the same device.
12-04-2009, 12:07 PM
that looks really cool, the graphics are very smart. Will definitely pick it up when it comes out. What price are you thinking of?
12-04-2009, 12:13 PM
Thanks the_ref. We are still not fully decided on the price point. We were thinking either $2.99 or $3.99. We are planning to support the game post release with content updates.
12-04-2009, 05:21 PM
Previous thread

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...attle+blasters

Good to see you here Stan.

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com
12-04-2009, 08:10 PM
I think I might get this when it comes out- it reminds me of a game I used to play.
12-05-2009, 05:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan_j View Post
Thanks the_ref. We are still not fully decided on the price point. We were thinking either $2.99 or $3.99. We are planning to support the game post release with content updates.
great, cheers. Though you'd better get your skates on if you want it in the app store by Christmas.
12-05-2009, 08:25 AM
We just submitted yesterday, so we are holding our fingers crossed