★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Leave Tetris® in the two-dimensional dust. Slide, spin, and force-drop falling blocks in full 3D! Build rows across the grid to clear lines, make combos, and score points.

Fragmental 3D is a Universal/HD app the best 3D Tetris game for your iPhone/iPad devices!

Try several gameplay modes, new Fragment collections, six beautiful environments, and more! Play it on all your iOS devices. GameCenter enabled.

See Fragmental 3D in action: http://youtu.be/NeGtcuuAI6M
12-04-2009, 11:48 AM
Nice

This look really slick.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL

12-04-2009, 11:50 AM
I agree. Quite tempted by it.
12-04-2009, 02:47 PM
Fragmental 3D

Thanks for posting about Fragmental 3D! It's had great reviews thus far from my beta testers. And I agree, it does look very tempting

Please let me know if you have any questions. I've posted a couple videos to YouTube which you may interest you -- just search for the game name.

Zach Kinstner
Aesthetic Interactive
12-04-2009, 10:56 PM
12-05-2009, 04:13 AM
I'd like to try a lite version. Will you be adding one?

plus+ scoreloop crystal : looby
agon openfeint gamecenter: loobylibby
12-05-2009, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhagoCychotic View Post
I'd like to try a lite version. Will you be adding one?
Thanks for your interest in Fragmental 3D! I do plan on making a free version of the game, but I'm not sure what the timeline for that will be. My thought for a free version would be to have a "training" mode which helps the player learn the basic game ideas, learn the camera and movement/rotation controls, and get excited about playing the "real thing". I might also include a short (5 minute?) "time trial" mode to let players get a better feel for the actual gameplay.

What are your thoughts on this? Does that sound like a free version which would encourage users to purchase the paid app?

Thanks again,
Zach
12-05-2009, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachkinstner View Post
Thanks for your interest in Fragmental 3D! I do plan on making a free version of the game, but I'm not sure what the timeline for that will be. My thought for a free version would be to have a "training" mode which helps the player learn the basic game ideas, learn the camera and movement/rotation controls, and get excited about playing the "real thing". I might also include a short (5 minute?) "time trial" mode to let players get a better feel for the actual gameplay.

What are your thoughts on this? Does that sound like a free version which would encourage users to purchase the paid app?

Thanks again,
Zach
Yes, that sounds like a good lite version. Just make sure you don't give away so much that people will never upgrade. I think if the lite demonstrates the fluidity of the controls, the ease at which you can determine where the piece will land, the replay value, and the early game pacing, it would serve your purpose.

Your other options to create buzz would be a short $0.99 sale and/or promo code giveaway, which would then generate the resulting reviews from here and other sites. Not only do you get the site reviews, but early app store reviews will reflect the $0.99 price point, which are still visible when the price point moves back to normal...

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
12-12-2009, 06:47 PM
Update Coming Soon

Thanks everyone for your thoughts about the game. I hope to put together a free "training" version soon.

I also wanted to make a note about the next version which I will be releasing soon. This version will make the starting levels 50% slower/easier, and there will also be a "ghost" piece which shows you exactly where your Fragment will fall. I hope this will help new players get used to the gameplay, and make the game more fun (but still challenging) for casual "pick up and play" gamers.

Thanks!

Zach Kinstner
Aesthetic Interactive

Play Fragmental 3D for the iPhone and iTouch
12-24-2009, 09:33 AM
Fragmental 3D Update and FREE version

Fragmental 3D Lite is now available! Lite mode features a 5-Minute Time Attack mode, playing with the Standard Fragment collection, and starting at the first level. You may also post your Lite version high scores to the world-wide AGON leaderboards! I decided against a "training" mode for now, but I may still do implement it in future versions.

The full version has also received some updates. In Fragmental 3D v1.1, there are new 5 and 10 minute Time Attack modes (with corresponding leaderboards), slower starting levels, and a "ghost" piece to show you where the piece is going to fall. These updates add replay value, improve gameplay, and lessen the learning curve for new users.

Have fun!

Zach Kinstner
Aesthetic Interactive

Play Fragmental 3D for the iPhone and iTouch