★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: TSE YAO LIEN
  • Genre: Kids
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 6.3 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Full version limit time price drop from 1.99$ to 0.99$ !!!
----------------------------------------
Almost everyone leave a positive comment or feedback after playing CatTaTa!
You must try it yourself!

A perfect game for all the family, with a heartwarming story, beautiful graphics and challenging gameplay.
-- 8/10 by iFanzine review site

The screenshots maybe don't do this little gem of a game enough justice!
--by Acidbottle, uk

It's a cute and fun game with unique ideas and a really enjoyable gameplay.
-- by I_Am_Balu, us

One day, when an unusual event run into your live, do you recall some friend in your heart, want to share happiness with him, want to pour out sadly to him? Let us introduce such a new friend to you, the Cat TaTa.

We will bring you a new gaming experience in the environment TaTa and his friends live! Enjoy the living with them, take brilliant photos for them, and pass through joyful, sad, interesting, warm and heart-touching stories with TaTa and his friends!

Gameplay introduce:

During each stage, you need to keep your focus ( shown at top-left corner of the image below ) inside the screen by tilting the device.

Sometimes you will encounter the double-focus situation, and you need to keep both focuses inside the screen.

And you need to take brilliant photos for your focus, You don't have to care when to take photos. Just tilt your device to keep focus in best position of the screen.

At stage end you will get a average score base on photos you take. You need to get a higher-enough score ( stage variant) to unlock next stage.

FEATURES:
- 3 difficulties, 15 unique stages ( include 2 hidden stages ), enjoy the colorful life with TaTa and his friends!

- a brand-new type of gameplay! Tilt iPhone/iPodtouch to let your focus inside the screen, and move to a suitable position to take brilliant photos!

- watercolor graphic style offers you a special eye candy!

- lots of interesting elements! Change-focus, double-focus and slow-down will bring you a profound gaming experience!

- the challenging photo system! Take more brilliant photos, get higher score and unlock the next stage!

- Conveniently auto-saves your progress after each level, enjoy your game any time!

You can experience 3 stages in Lite version!

Welcome to visit the CatTaTa website for more screenshots and gameplay trailer!
http://technicartist.blogspot.com/

TechnicArtist's comments:
--------------------------------------------------

CatTaTa limit time price drop from 1.99$ to 0.99$ !!!

Almost everyone leave a positive comment
or feedback after playing CatTaTa!
You must try it yourself!

A perfect game for all the family, with a heartwarming story,
beautiful graphics and challenging gameplay.
-- 8/10 by iFanzine review site

The screenshots maybe don't do this little gem
of a game enough justice! --by Acidbottle, gb

It's a cute and fun game with unique ideas and
a really enjoyable gameplay. -- by I_Am_Balu, us

Character introduce:

Gameplay introduce:

During each stage, you need to keep your focus
( shown at top-left corner of the image below )
inside the screen by tilting the device.

Sometimes you will encounter the double-focus situation,
and you need to keep both focuses inside the screen.

And you need to take brilliant photos for your focus,
You don't have to care when to take photos.
Just tilt your device to keep focus in best position of the screen.

At stage end you will get a average score base on photos you take.
You need to get a higher-enough score ( stage variant) to unlock next stage.
For example,
This photo is soso because focus is not in the center of the screen.

And you get a soso score.

You can improve it by keeping focus in center!

game trailer:

Youtube link | Pop Up

CatTaTa app store link:
http://itunes.com/app/cattata

CatTaTa Lite app store link:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cattata-lite/id346422073?mt=8

Welcome to leave any comment after trying CatTaTa
12-04-2009, 01:14 PM
Game Impressions

im on the case, impressions shortly!

(its 99c / 59p btw)

oki this game is odd! its polish and presentation isnt immaculate but i can forgive this given its price point. in particular i have to mention the icon of your currently selected (predetermined) focus, which could be the cat or another animal in the cat tata universe, which is horribly jagged around the edges. it isnt much to ask that this is smoothed out as its tiny things like that that really take the shine and polish off a game, but anyways.

this is going to sound quite possibly an awkward explanation of a simple concept here but lets try! you tilt the device to move the screen, rather than the object the camera is tracking, if that makes sense. unfortunately this is so badly explained inside the game it took me a dozen goes before my braincell twigged this! the tutorial text flies of the screeen before you can read it, this explains what ya have to do damnit! really bad start and needs to be addressed because i can see some people trying, not getting the gist of it and then deleting it very quickly. really, please dev be more specific with what you have to do before anything!

right then, with my grumble out the way .. the game. you follow cat or dog, or possibly bird and mouse later (i dont know) on a side scrolling adventure story, which is terribly basic to start with, although it unfolds more visually within the game i think. you must try and keep the screen tilted and as centrally focussed on your cat whilst photos taken every so often. the more centrally focussed you are to the action teh more points you score at the end of the stage. if you were not follwing the action accurately the photos score low and you dont unlock the next level. there, simple as that. all the action and incidents in game are not under control of the user, just the screen tilting, so therefore it does lack a little depth for me. however i do find the concept different and interesting enough to persevere. sadly, despite spot on centralised photos being taken, the game suggests im miles off and theyre terrible. i really didnt understand teh scoring at all, therefore level 2 is my best yay!

the gfx are oki but they do lack in both good animation and all round cuteness, looks a bit ruff and ready for my tatstes, tho to others it may be eye pleasing! the in game background music i actually like a lot, its quite bouncy and fits the game mood perfectly. there are also spot fx but not heard a single cat meow, and i did mention this is the up n comming game thread a couple weeks back. its a shame no meows are audible in a game about cats tbh!

despite all the problems this game has, they are all quite minor and niggling but altogether it does knock it back a little, i actually really want to make progress. seems quite addictive from that standpoint, but really needs more substance and wow factor to recommend without hesitation. its novel tho and cat fans should really have a bash

edit: i get the scoring now. its an average of all photos taken, so if one scores bad it may pull the total average down if others are really good. excuse my slowness today

Currently playing: Joe Dever's Lone Wolf and FM2014

Last edited by Zincous; 12-05-2009 at 08:50 AM. Reason: Game Impressions

12-04-2009, 10:03 PM
Hi,
Thanks for your purchase!

About the game design,
we want to create a movie-like gaming experience in side scrolling adventure.
You can play the game just like seeing a movie!
Play it easily by just tilting the device!
So the background music is well designed to fit the game mood.
Thanks for loving our music!

And about the issue you just mentioned( like focus is jagged etc... )
We will have a discuss and try to improve in the update.

There are lots more interesting levels waiting for you.
Enjoy the game.
12-04-2009, 10:11 PM
It doesn't look too exciting to me but to each his own

Good luck !
12-04-2009, 11:15 PM
Uh oh, can a mod close my thread?

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon
12-05-2009, 04:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cranker View Post
It doesn't look too exciting to me but to each his own

Good luck !

Thank you.

By the way,
we now offer 9 promo code,
if you are interesting in CatTaTa,
you can follow this thread to get a code:
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=35703
12-05-2009, 05:48 AM
ahh im glad to see theres a promotion, was hoping to see some other impressions since the game concept i actually like!

the game story unfolds much like a silent movie and since the levels are fairly quick it gives you the extra incentive to try again if you dont complete one. the double focus aspect also adds a nice challenge. its hard to really describe the game without playing it, but it does have a that one more go factor.

semi spoiler alert here:

sadly, for me anyways, i hit a brick wall at about level 5. completely stuck here so any tips would be appreciated! its the level where the dog chaces you down the street and the cat then gets hit by a car and flies into the air. i really cannot see anyway to follow the cat at that speed. do you have to dodge the car? if so how. there is no way the tilt works quick enough to keep focus, believe me i tried everything

12-05-2009, 08:08 AM
Hi,
Level 5 is really a little tricky...

As you play many times,
you do know when the TaTa will hit by the car,
so...
you can move to that position( a position that won't let your focus outside) in advance then stop!
When TaTa hit by the car you can tilt your device left quickly to follow TaTa!

yeah~~
12-05-2009, 09:19 AM
hey there, thanks for the tips! im stull beaten at this, i tried having the focus so you just about see the tip of tata's tail as hes hit by the car and immediatly tilt left but off he flies outta sight everytime.

really would like to know if anyone else is having a simular problem. it could be tilt sensitivity i guess ,since my phone does cause frustration in other tilt based games, but dont know. id be grateful if you could pm a video of the level being complete

12-06-2009, 09:30 AM
Hi,
sorry for the late reply,
here is the video:

Youtube link | Pop Up

the trick is:
when you see the window, tilt left quickly.

Last edited by TechnicArtist; 12-06-2009 at 11:18 AM. Reason: refine article