★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: "Tipoli will get you hooked, no doubt about it. This one-button physics platformer will have you going back for more and more. The challenging and diverse level design, vibrant hand drawn visuals, and cute love story all make this game a sure pick. 5 out of 5"

Slapapp.com

"highly addictive...Rated Worth Buying"

Elder Geek

"A wonderfully crafted reflex-based game that's instantly familiar to any casual gamer but presents a fresh new presentation for extra enjoyment."

JayisGames.com

Charming music, beautifully hand drawn visuals and exciting arcade platforming make up the quirky love story Tipoli. Tipoli tells the tale of Mint and Periwinkle as they explore the ups and downs of the bond of love. The best part? All of this is told without words in an elegant, one-button physics platformer.

Squeaker's comments:
With 5 new screenshots.

12-04-2009, 11:49 AM
Looks cool.

Youtube link | Pop Up

12-04-2009, 12:05 PM
Thanks for adding the vid! Looks interesting but still no idea how it works, controls and all that.
12-04-2009, 12:35 PM
Seems very much like nitrome's online flash game "Knuckleheads".
12-04-2009, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaker View Post
Thanks for adding the vid! Looks interesting but still no idea how it works, controls and all that.

Same here. I really like the look but it would be nice to know how the controls work.
12-04-2009, 12:47 PM
Intriguing... oddly intriguing... could be fun!
12-04-2009, 01:01 PM
Hmm. I'll guess that you touch the screen to change which ball is sticky. Don't see how any other control scheme would work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
12-04-2009, 01:15 PM
the green ball is sticky and the purple one bounces off everything, tapping the screen causes their positions to switch. Using these properties, you need to figure out how to navigate the obstacles in the levels
12-04-2009, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eya0 View Post
the green ball is sticky and the purple one bounces off everything, tapping the screen causes their positions to switch. Using these properties, you need to figure out how to navigate the obstacles in the levels
This is correct.

I picked this up and it is okay. Nice music and art work with simple one touch controls

I went through about twenty levels but I started to get bored. There are no scores, time limit or penalty for failure. So if you want a relaxing game that you can take your time with, this may be for.
12-05-2009, 07:43 AM
Dev here

Hey guys, I'm one of the developers for Tipoli. Sorry about the shoddy screens - Apple apparently ate the .pngs we gave it. Only learned from our publisher that we needed .jpgs when we downloaded it to our devices and saw the 'auto' shots it had taken. There are better screens up now.

The controls mentioned above are accurate - just tap to swap which one is sticky and which one is bouncy. There are more obstacles and harder physics in the later levels and a set of challenge levels for the more core gamers if you find the 'little loves' in each level (smaller, hidden hearts). Of course, core gamers have to get over the art style and tutorial block to get there <_<.