★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Andre Almeida
  • Genre: Sports
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 16.5 MB
  • Version: 1.8.5
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Over 1 million downloads!

iStunt Reloaded is now available in a PRO version, containing two extra packs, a JetBoard and a HoverBoard for only $1.99!

NEW: Added a new board: A HoverBoard! Now there's the Classic board, the Jet Board and the HoverBoard!

Pull off amazing stunts, snowboarding through surreal landscapes in a world where rules can be bended!

iStunt is a FreeAppADay Silver Winner!

"iStunt is all about feel, precise control, and a lot of fun." - TouchArcade

"The smooth game play and graphics that were recently improved make this game a one of a kind." - AppModo

"iStunt is one of the best line racing games for the iPhone, and is well worth $.99" - Pocketfullofapps

"iStunt is a 2nd generation snowboarding app for the iPhone with insane twists and turns, upside down, rotating, anti-gravity stunts that will speed your heart rate and put a smile on your face at the same time. Can you pull it off?" - AppSafari

iStunt is an addictive 2D Snowboard action-packed game with a strong emphasis on physics.
Traverse 60 different, surreal levels in an attempt to either score as many points as possible by pulling off amazing stunts (Stunt Mode) or getting to the finish line as quick as possible (Time Trial Mode). Achievements are included with OpenFeint!
Making things even more interesting is the occasional gravity inversion field which requires physically rotating the device 180-degrees to get back on track. (Text adapted from toucharcade review)

Feature Highlights:
Cannons!
Fans!
Boost Zones!
Gravity inversion (Rotating the device 180 degrees to continue playing - optional)!
Zero Gravity Zones!
Floating mountains out of nowhere!
Simple graphics focusing the experience on the gameplay!
Checkpoints!

Additional features:
Increasing difficulty adjusted to the average learning curve of the player
Smooth camera with special zoom spots (cliffs and dangerous places)
Signs giving hints of what to do during game progress
Skip up to 5 levels
Spinning saws and fields of stalagmites
Original sound effects
Great soundtrack: "Narrow Escape" by Josh Mobley and Woody Ranere - http://www.joshmobley.com
Stunt Mode - Reach maximum score performing amazing stunts
Time Trial Mode - Complete the level in the shortest time possible
OpenFeint support with Online Scoreboards and Achievements
Accelerometer calibration

Interface:
Tilt the device to control the Stunt Man in mid-air or to control the shooting angle if you're inside a cannon!
Swipe up to jump
Swipe down to crouch
Use two fingers to zoom in and zoom out

Profusion's comments:
*** iStunt is the 28th January free app of FreeAppADay! ***

iStunt update 1.1 UP!

App: iStunt
Developer: Profusion Studios

Quick description:
iStunt is an addictive 2D Snowboard game with a strong emphasis on physics.
Perform amazing stunts while snowboarding through impossible scenarios in a unique game experience.

Price: $0.99

AppStore Link

http://www.profusionstudios.com

Youtube:

Youtube link | Pop Up

What's New In The Update 1.1 ?
* Huge Graphics Improvement!
* Five new levels!
* OpenFeint Achievements!
* Great soundtrack - "Narrow Escape" by Josh Mobley and Woody Ranere! - http://www.joshmobley.com
* Option to calibrate the accelerometer
* Bugfixes.

Screenshots:

Follow the official twitter: http://www.twitter.com/istuntgame

Traverse 25 different, surreal levels in an attempt to either score as many points as possible by pulling off amazing stunts (Stunt Mode) or getting to the finish line as quick as possible (Time Trial Mode). Achievements are included with OpenFeint!
Making things even more interesting is the occasional gravity inversion field which requires physically rotating the device 180-degrees to get back on track. (Text adapted from toucharcade review)

Feature Highlights:
* Increasing dificulty adjusted to the average learning curve of the player
* Simple graphics focusing the experience on the gameplay
* Smooth camera with special zoom spots (cliffs and dangerous places)
* Gravity inversion (Rotating the device 180 degrees to continue playing)
* Signs giving hints of what to do during game progress
* Skip up to 5 levels
* Boost Zones which increase speed
* Floating mountains out of nowhere
* Spinning saws and fields of stalagmites
* Original sound effects
* Stunt Mode - Reach maximum score performing amazing stunts
* Time Trial Mode - Complete the level in the shortest time possible
* OpenFeint support with Online Scoreboards and Achievements

Interface:
* Tilt the device to control the Stunt Man in mid-air
* Swipe up to jump
* Swipe down to crouch
* Use two fingers to zoom in and zoom out

Powered by Box2D, Cocos2D and OpenFeint.
12-04-2009, 05:54 PM
Hmm...Anyone try this yet? I'm tempted but the literal switching of the ipod will probably annoy me.

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com

12-04-2009, 06:15 PM
hi! I tried it right now and i think this game its just addictive... there's no problem about the switching of the iphone (in my opinion), it give me more adrenaline. About the gameplay, the first levels are simply easy with good jumps, crazy loops and great falldowns, i only tried 3 medium levels and the are pretty cool, with some difficult but no problem ( first day play ), i think you should try it maybe tomorow i will write here about the hard part, if i get annoyed with it or not, cu later
12-04-2009, 06:30 PM
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=35589 Mine came hours before. Mods please mold our threads together, but since mine was first, keep mine the one open. Thx.
12-04-2009, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardcoregamer View Post
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=35589 Mine came hours before. Mods please mold our threads together, but since mine was first, keep mine the one open. Thx.
You do know he is the developer?

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com
12-04-2009, 06:39 PM
Pwn. Besides hardcore, your topic is all of three words.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
12-04-2009, 07:19 PM
I got the game, really fun so far. I'll post detailed impressions in a bit.
12-04-2009, 10:35 PM
Ok pickup and play fans, this is a good one. Its a 2D physics snowboarding game with plenty of jumps and obstacles. The level design in the game is fun and the slopes are wacky. The main core of the gameplay is on physics, and learning how to land right on the different slope angles. Speed, balance, and momentum, along with quick enough reflexes are big factors in completing the levels and dealing with the terrain. There are 2 modes in the game... Stunt Mode and Time Trial Mode. The main goal of both modes is to make it through each level safely to unlock the next, the big difference is the way the scoring is recorded. In Stunt mode you earn points based on the following things... accuracy of your landings, amount of time taken to reach the end of a level, amount of star tokens collected, successfully performing stunts, back flips and front flips. The total amount of points earned is your final score. In Time Trial mode the only thing your score is based on is the amount of time it takes you to complete the level. The level setups are the same for both modes and both modes have online leaderboards through Openfeint.

Now for the controls, which I think work very smoothly. The movement in the game is a tad slow overall but the physics and handling are good. At the start of the game there is a tutorial to show you how to control your character. The character begins moving down the slope automatically and you just ready yourself for the jumps and obstacles. To jump you just swipe up to catch some extra air before taking off, most of the air you catch will be from the momentum of hitting the ramps, the jumping just serves as an added boost to use before your in the air, mostly to cross large gaps. While the character is in the air you just tilt to balance and angle your board to land right on the next slope. By tilting more while in mid-air you can do back flips and front flips depending on the direction you turn your device. Swiping down (and holding) will make your character duck obstacles such as the killer saw and narrow passages. Swiping down and holding while going downhill will gain your character speed. By pinching the screen you can zoom in and out on your character while playing to the character size that you prefer.

Some of the slopes are real wacky and occasionally change angles drastically, so there is a feature in the game called gravity inversion, which requires you to turn your device upside down to land the character on a reverse slope. It takes a little practice because it requires you to tilt your device just right to land at a totally different angled slope then the previous one your were on. Its a cool feature but sometimes I have to question how smoothly that feature was implemented into the game or if I just suck at it. Another feature in some of the levels are speed boost zones, which are basically just arrows that you can run into to make your character gain some speed and momentum, they are very useful when used right. The levels also have signs (like street signs) Rotate signs occasionally seen throughout the levels serve as warnings on how to better prepare your next jump landing for an upcoming slope change, by clueing you in advance on how you should tilt your device. There are other warning signs in the game to alert you of upcomings dangers ahead and arrows to help guide you in the right direction.

The graphics in the game are what they are, clear and somewhat cartoony, There is nothing really wrong with the graphics for what they were intended to be like. The gameplay is solid, fun and addicting. My only complaint is that the game is sorely lacking background tunes during gameplay, there is some cool music at the start menu, I really wish it would be continued to play during the actual game.

So this is a fun and entertaining physics, pickup and play snowboarding game, I say get it if your interested or if you like physics games. Its a fun experience for a pickup and play game and has online leaderboards for stats. There's enough fun content to the game to satisfy most people, and its only a buck.
Overall...highly recommended now if we can just get the dev to add some background music in during gameplay...
12-04-2009, 11:16 PM
Great review, I think you just sold me on this one.
12-04-2009, 11:21 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to Darkjuarez
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardcoregamer View Post
lol what your thread was as big as a post... yet even smaller