★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Pavel Barak
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 16.6 MB
  • Version: 1.11
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: Celebrating major update launch of the game!
50% price drop

Help absent-minded physicist Alex to destroy newly invented matter called Gelex. He became really insane from it! Will you help him?

Gelex combines physics elements with traditional match three concept. It is highly addictive game that is designed and fully optimized for the touch screen with easy to learn controls.

For more information how Gelex "was created" :) visit promotional blog at: http://grannycoder.com

Official trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yds-x9NAtmU

Gameplay video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkTSjXZBdyg

Carlos-Sz's comments:
In resume, the best tetris with physics game I’ve played so far because it does not feel that it is playing by itself alone.

Good graphics, sounds, animations, local and online high score.

Youtube link | Pop Up
12-04-2009, 01:52 PM
Wow this looks like a no brainer for free. LOL at "Granny Coder", that is awesome!

Fondle me on Twitter:@JaredTA

12-04-2009, 02:02 PM
So how does this compare to the often maligned Flexis?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews

Last edited by LordGek; 04-08-2013 at 10:52 AM.
12-04-2009, 02:13 PM
@ LordGek

I purchased Flexis the day one it was released and the problem with it is that the game seems to play by itself and I found myself just watching the game.

Get Gelex now! It’s free.

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8
12-04-2009, 02:28 PM
Hi guys,
thanks for positive reactions We are really happy you like it.

I am marketing guy for this game, so I will always tell you how great and amazing this game is .... and it really is

But I wanna let you know, that we prepared another promotion event for this game (apart from the fact that it's free ). It's contest, where you can win great prizes. I wrote about it here:
12-04-2009, 02:29 PM
Picked it up, going to play it soon.
12-04-2009, 02:41 PM
12-04-2009, 03:06 PM
Just played it. Fun but slightly frustrating/sluggish controls mar an otherwise very polished game. My biggest problem is with using 2 fingers to rotate. The whole game is supposed to have a floaty feel to it but when it comes to puzzle games, that can basically equate to being unresponsive since precision placement is so important.

That said, I think the whole point of the game is to let go of being OCD about where you drop pieces in a typical match-3 game and just roll with the punches. I've gotten some pretty interesting combos just based on physics and sheer luck of things getting bumped around.

You can't go wrong with FREE but I'd say this is even worth a purchase at .99.
12-06-2009, 04:21 AM
Thank you guys for your opinions. The contest is still running. This is the last day when Gelex is free to download. So pick it up when you can

This is just funky/crazy trailer we've recently released:
12-06-2009, 04:24 AM
Get this game while it's free.

It gets to be pretty addictive and the physics based gameplay gets pretty chaotic.