★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Simiotica
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 22.4 MB
  • Version: 1.1.7
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 3.7 (3)
App description: "As far as I know, this is a first in this type of game and I think its great!" - TouchMyApps.com

"Overall I loved this app. Theres something about apps that are well built from cover to cover." - SlapApp.com

New era of Match 3 games comes, now in 3D. Meet the revolutionary Match 3 game.

You'll be surprised how familiar and absolutely new at the same time gameplay can be. Match sets of 3 or more cubes of the same color as you used to. But innovative game mechanics amazingly broaden the gameplay to real 3 dimensions. Look out for combinations exploring sides of cubes by titling iPhone/iPod Touch and turn cubes by sliding them with fingertips. More options, more combinations, more entertainment. Bonuses, anti-bonuses, classic and action game modes, cool graphics and sound effects together with the addictive gameplay will keep you entertained for hours.

Main features:
Innovative 3d game mechanics
Exciting and addictive gameplay
Cool graphics
Retina display support
Intuitive controls
Unique experience
Classic and Action game modes
Share scores on Twitter and Facebook
Bonuses and anti-bonuses
Global leaderboards
Original soundtrack
More than 25 awards
In-game help and tips on loading screen
Game autosave on exit

If you like puzzle games and want to see something really new, this game is definitely for you.

Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/simiotica
12-04-2009, 02:17 PM

Crystal, OpenFeint, Plus+, Disc Drivin: Prab | Game Center: PrabSG

12-06-2009, 01:33 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to thegamerocks06
It's out already? I tested this and i have to say that this a very unique take on match 3 games. If you are interested in match 3 games, you should give it a try
12-08-2009, 12:16 PM
This game will have you tilting and swaying like a damn sailor about to loose his lunch! I’m not usually the biggest fan of games with a lot of tilt. – Unless the gameplay is perfect for it, and in my humble opinion *cough*, way too many games utilizes tilt just be course the function is available, not be course the actual gameplay gains from it. – This one does! It’s an incredible well thought out game, and a great take on the overpopulated match three genre.

Basically the cubes presented will give you not one singular presented option, as is most common, but five alternative ones. The cubes as is shown on a 3D grid on a background somewhere in deep space, – No! Hubble had nothing to do with this I’m sure, - can swivel on it’s own axis, thereby giving you the option of turning if a different color on the side, bottom, or top, will suit the process of matching three better.

It’s a great idea, and a great way to take advantage of the tilt function available in the device. It gives a fresh take on a gameplay in some need of free thinking, and I’m sure simiotica, the developer of Cubes 3D Revolution, had some mighty brain-storm sessions going on with this one.

Graphics in this one is of the charts! Every little cube will glow with an inner glow, as if trapping some mysterious mighty power in the glow of the cubes. It’s really quite something, the 3D art in the menus and the rest of the game is equally stunning. A really really polished and beautiful game, no doubt about it. Music is a mix of simple electronic music loops, which fits the game perfectly. As a hole, it’s very hard to point fingers at anything. Just a stunning package!

Besides the ‘Hint’ button and the score count the game is all about the cubes. Leader board is local and this is where I might see something that would benefit the game. Funny as it is trying to see if you can beat your own score, it is by far something different to compete with the world entire. - Maybe something for an update down the line? Thorough instructions, tilt settings and a way to turn off both music and SFX, more of less rounds it off.

I genuinely love this one, I can’t see this one leaving my device in the near future, and bar setting my phone on fire or causing me to go blind, this one is a keeper. It currently comes with a $0.99 price tag, which is utterly laughable. The game could easily warrant twice or thrice that, so not taking the plunge is… well, dumb. I strongly recommend this one! If you like match three games, this one should be in your top five faster than… Well, uhm… I think you get my point

Last edited by Plast2; 12-08-2009 at 01:00 PM.
01-21-2010, 06:53 AM
Endless Mode would be awesome in this game!

It would be great if you added an endless mode. One where the game did not end because of no moves left. Maybe allow the user to earn a shuffle or two to use in that case. Sometimes you just feel like playing until you fall asleep. =) Well I do at least. If it had an endless mode I couldn't pass it up.

iPod Touch 2G and NOW iPad!! =)
Now Playing: Let's Create! Pottery HD & The Treasures of Montezuma HD =)
$400 worth of iTunes GCs, in honor of Com2us' Slice It!
01-21-2010, 09:51 AM
Just got the game and played for a while.

I really like this very polished 3D twist on the match 3 genre

I can only recommend it.

>
It should be a standard feature that you can turn on/off in-game music and sound effects separately in all games
!
01-21-2010, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoderlye View Post
It would be great if you added an endless mode. One where the game did not end because of no moves left. Maybe allow the user to earn a shuffle or two to use in that case. Sometimes you just feel like playing until you fall asleep. =) Well I do at least. If it had an endless mode I couldn't pass it up.
I second the idea with 2/3 earned shuffles in an endless mode.

>
It should be a standard feature that you can turn on/off in-game music and sound effects separately in all games
!
01-23-2010, 10:33 PM
Any updates in the future for this one? Still watching! =)

iPod Touch 2G and NOW iPad!! =)
Now Playing: Let's Create! Pottery HD & The Treasures of Montezuma HD =)
$400 worth of iTunes GCs, in honor of Com2us' Slice It!
02-15-2010, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoderlye View Post
Any updates in the future for this one? Still watching! =)
Update is on the way, guys. We're sure it's worth waiting

Follow us for the latest news.
Best regards,
Simiotica
04-07-2010, 02:11 PM
Version 1.1.0 is released

Hi TA!

We're happy to tell you that Cubes 3D Revolution 1.1.0 is live in the AppStore.

New features:
  • Action game mode
  • Plus+ integration: leaderboards and more than 25 awards
  • Improved UI and in-game graphics
  • Bugfixes

Here are few screenshots of the new version:

We're sure you'll like it. Enjoy!

Follow us for the latest news.
Best regards,
Simiotica

Last edited by simiotica; 04-07-2010 at 02:44 PM. Reason: changed images alignment