★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: ALPHA WARS

------------------------
Special offer! Get the app before the official price is set!
------------------------

Fly, shoot, kill and die in the Orion Constellation.
The Andromeda Army is approaching to your home planet in Alpha System and you will defend it at all costs with your small but fast and powerful fighter, Rigel.
Avoid asteroids while you aim your enemies, fighters, frigates or destroyers, use your rockets and lasers to defend your home.
You will be placed in three different scenarios surrounded by enemies and asteroids, kill as many as you can to get the best score.

------------------------

Alpha Wars is a fast and challenging space combat arcade fully in 3D which gives you the freedom to fly to any direction, with outstanding graphics and effects.

------------------------

Alpha Wars Features:
- 3D graphics with complete 360 degrees flight in the space.
- Randomly generated levels to make every game different.
- Original soundtrack and sound effects.
- Agon Online for world wide leader boards and player management.
- Uses the accelerometer for a great flight experience.
12-04-2009, 06:54 PM
This game looks okay for 0.99. I'm a little curious about this one

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon

12-12-2009, 08:08 AM
from Moctezuma Games

Nice to see this post here in Touch Arcade
We have updated the app, now 3GS and iPod Touch 3G have enabled the lighting and increased texture quality.
You will find as well new levels and new enemies.

Here you have some promo codes
I will keep dropping them with future updates.

XMWT7HHH3E9Y
WAKENE3PAH3T
JT4Y4REAPFJY
Y9F9FWPKJMHE
TFNKPMTMT34J
RTF7TM44LJEP

12-12-2009, 08:57 AM
All gone.
12-12-2009, 08:57 AM
OKAY! IF YOU ARE GOING TO REDEEM A CODE... PLEASE POST IN THE THREAD WHAT CODE YOU TOOK....

it's the courteous thing to do... and then post your impressions of the game...

what a waste... ;(
12-13-2009, 03:49 AM
well, indeed we would be very pleased if you provide some feedback.
Anyway, the game isn't expensive :P
12-14-2009, 04:18 PM
Played the game very impressed with it. It's easy enough to pick up and starte playing and keep you interested. The one thing that usually puts me off games like this is that you get so far and have to turn around as you reach the end of the playing area, not had this on this game. If you are a fan of this type of game I would recommend getting this.
12-14-2009, 06:01 PM
thank you for the feedback revok.
that is exactly what we wanted with the game, 100% freedom in the space, not easy to find in space arcades right now.
If there is anything you would like to be tweaked, please let us know.
12-15-2009, 03:55 PM
Pretty good game! Very fun just flying through space with nothing to tell you where to go. Aiming requires a lil bit of skill so its not slaughter. Its pretty fun to narrowly dodge those meteors while locked in a shootout with an enemy. Its is definetly worth 99 cents.

But I' like to see a few things: More speed and freedom with the ship! I havent got to play that much so if there are different ships I havent unlocked them yet but I really would like to execute loops and other tricks pretty quickly. Right now its pretty slow when turning. Maybe a button for an evasive move? It would be pretty cool to watch/ control.
Also maybe a bit easier to get missles? I havent a single one yet! (at least i think I havent)
Lastly, make it save where you died on and let you redo those missions.

With those three this game could be worth like 3-4 dollars! But still if you could turn really fast and be agile it would make this game soo much cooler (hard to do). Doing evasive moves while dogfighting against another ship would be insane!

Alright well its a great game, definetly worth 99 cents.
12-16-2009, 07:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da shiz wiz 19 View Post
Pretty good game! Very fun just flying through space with nothing to tell you where to go. Aiming requires a lil bit of skill so its not slaughter. Its pretty fun to narrowly dodge those meteors while locked in a shootout with an enemy. Its is definetly worth 99 cents.

But I' like to see a few things: More speed and freedom with the ship! I havent got to play that much so if there are different ships I havent unlocked them yet but I really would like to execute loops and other tricks pretty quickly. Right now its pretty slow when turning. Maybe a button for an evasive move? It would be pretty cool to watch/ control.
Also maybe a bit easier to get missles? I havent a single one yet! (at least i think I havent)
Lastly, make it save where you died on and let you redo those missions.

With those three this game could be worth like 3-4 dollars! But still if you could turn really fast and be agile it would make this game soo much cooler (hard to do). Doing evasive moves while dogfighting against another ship would be insane!

Alright well its a great game, definetly worth 99 cents.
I really appreciate your feedback. Thank you very much. In fact, I will comment one by one

- aiming needs practice, indeed. As it is nearly the only thing you need (the other is avoid asteroids) that is the "challenge", but not if it's desapointing or frustrating. But with that 100% freedom, it's like the price you pay for it.

- more speed. As you play, the ship speed increases. Faster turns, we are considering adding that config to the pause menu, because as you said, aiming needs practice, if you turning is faster, it may become a nightmare! but for experienced players, may be useful. BTW, the structure of the game "rewards" the player when the flight is more in only one direction, than erratic (you need to get items from enemies, that die always in front).

- rockets: you get from the second level. And then, you can get Titan rockets for the frigates. Keep playing

- Saving: the game is a survival, every time you play, you go further, and discover new things. It you think that anyway it's too difficult, please, tell me. Which device you play on?

- About looping and that stuff, it was possible in first betas, but the game was really harder to play! maybe we will find the way in AW2

We considere feedback really handy and we will update the app with any other suggestion that makes the game better
and reviews are welcome as well