★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Pocket God?

01-09-2009, 08:29 PM
Pocket God?

It looks about as much of a game as Koi Pond. But it might be fun flinging villagers around (for a minute or two at least)

Has anyone tried it out?

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=301387274&mt=8

I've been away for awhile, but I'm back.

Last edited by Chumbake; 01-09-2009 at 08:31 PM.
01-09-2009, 08:30 PM
Buying it now

EDIT : Hmm......i'd wait for an update, the 'play' area is small, and you can't really fling them around that well.

Last edited by Eng; 01-09-2009 at 08:38 PM.

01-09-2009, 08:42 PM
Hmmmmm.... That's weird, as there seems to be no developer listed for this app! I'd stay away.

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon
01-09-2009, 09:23 PM
It's only a buck, is it at least worth that???

Gamecenter:1337brian
01-09-2009, 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_952000 View Post
Hmmmmm.... That's weird, as there seems to be no developer listed for this app! I'd stay away.
it says bolt creative made it
01-09-2009, 09:25 PM
This developer has had a history of bad apps, I would stay away from this one.
01-09-2009, 09:32 PM
AAAAAHhhhhh. Fazzy!!!!! I love your signature!

On topic: Eng, do you just pick up people and drop them and that's about it?

I've been away for awhile, but I'm back.
01-09-2009, 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chumbake View Post
AAAAAHhhhhh. Fazzy!!!!! I love your signature!

On topic: Eng, do you just pick up people and drop them and that's about it?
Yep, thats pretty much it, the 'play' area goes twice th height of the iPhones screen, so not much room for throwing really, i was expecting launching them across the sea, it turns out you pretty much just drop them in the sea or throw them to land back on the island.
01-09-2009, 10:24 PM
Just go and buy Virtual Villagers, much more content and depth than this one.
01-09-2009, 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eng View Post
This developer has had a history of bad apps, I would stay away from this one.
I'm actually the developer of Pocket God and FWARP!. First I want to thank you guys for giving us some feedback on our games and reputation, the last thing we want is to have a reputation for releasing bad apps.

Our previous two apps, were to test the waters of the iphone market, develop a library for making iphone games, and to create some initial apps, that if popular, we can build on for a long time to come and make them into something that is not a waste of time. Initialy, our strategy was to release something small, and if it gains traction, add to it to make it cooler, we definitely learned that there is a minimum standard we need to follow on our first release so we don't disappoint potential customers.

FWARP actually does much better than we expected and we plan on adding and polishing it for a long time to come. We are really looking forward to winning over some of the users that aren't 100% happy with this app. We were just waiting to get the initial version of Pocket God out before our next major release.

Pocket God is completely different than FWARP, you can even tell by the art and production values of the screenshots. We are looking to create a seriously cool game with an evil sense of Humor. Right now, it's mainly a Koi Pond like app in which we will be adding all sorts of ways to screw with the cute little islanders. We are planning to make these additions every 2-3 weeks and will never increase the price over $1.00 even if we add a ton of features.

As far as the kind of developer we are, check out http://www.wgt.com this is the types of games we build and we will be bringing this type of development to the iphone, please be patient, all our existing apps will evolve and will be very cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eng View Post
Yep, thats pretty much it, the 'play' area goes twice th height of the iPhones screen, so not much room for throwing really, i was expecting launching them across the sea, it turns out you pretty much just drop them in the sea or throw them to land back on the island.
We are planning to launch an instruction screen that addresses this. you can fling the islander into the distance by touching below the pygmy (below the water line) and dragging your finger up and over the pygmy, depending on how fast you do it, you can fling him far or short and can also aim their trajectory.

We are also thinking of adding things in the distance for you to hit with pygmy's that will make life difficult for the other residents. (spewing lava?)

Once again, we really appreciate feedback like this and thank anyone who spent $1 on any of our apps. Please feel free to tell us about any new features that you would like to see.