★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Real racing What's happening

01-10-2009, 01:23 AM
Real racing What's happening

Real racing was supposed to be this super sick racing game, but where is it at? They said at firemint it would be out in the end of 08, but it's not out.
01-10-2009, 01:58 AM
i think it was a fake video

01-10-2009, 03:34 AM
No, it wasn't... If you go to www.firemint.com, you'll see that the game is still under development for both iPhone and N-Gage... Apparently they haven't found a publisher yet :/
01-10-2009, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinac0lada View Post
No, it wasn't... If you go to www.firemint.com, you'll see that the game is still under development for both iPhone and N-Gage... Apparently they haven't found a publisher yet :/
Maybe they should talk with Neil Young at Ngmoco and see if they would publish the game for them...
01-10-2009, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinac0lada View Post
When they say HD graphics, do they just mean high-res/quality?

Looks interesting, a bit different to others on iphone as it appears to be a track racer rather than city streets. But then again, vid seems to suggest this to be another arcade style racer. The online play and Youtube vids sound interesting though.

Games I'm Playing: Jetpack Joyride, Infinity Blade 2, Batman, COD
Waiting For: Thunderbeam, Lostwinds, GTA3, Sonic CD
02-13-2009, 05:45 PM
Publishing Firemint Real Racing

We had PLENTY of interest from publishers But in the end we decided to self-publish, we think this is going to be the most awesome game and we wanted to retain complete control over where we take it. We'll be releasing more details soon, so check this page:

www.firemint.com/realracing
02-13-2009, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by firemint View Post
We had PLENTY of interest from publishers But in the end we decided to self-publish, we think this is going to be the most awesome game and we wanted to retain complete control over where we take it. We'll be releasing more details soon, so check this page:

www.firemint.com/realracing
Welcome to the forums, and can't wait for the game!
02-13-2009, 06:09 PM
Yes welcome, real racing is one of the first iphone games I came across and it instantly sold me on buying a ipod touch, and i'm glad I did.

3D modelling, design and sequential artist / GameCenter ID: Diab
02-13-2009, 06:37 PM

Thanks for the welcome guys, we've been polishing away at Firemint Real Racing for a while now so it's great we can finally start showing some stuff Stay tuned for more news soon!
02-13-2009, 06:40 PM
*Attempts to contain excitement and awe from video*

Oh snap!

*Explodes*

I'm a staff editor at GamePodunk.com. Follow me on Twitter (@HLLivingLoco) for games and fun!