★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Yipe! 5 - Attack of Idle Hands is an epic new Role Playing Game (RPG) for the iPhone, featuring simple yet uncanny gameplay ... to provide you hours of escape from your normal work-a-day life! Create your own hero and set off on "Big Time" adventures in minutes!!!

Featured by Apple in Dec '09: "What We're Playing"

-------

WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING:

"Yipe 5 is a blast. The pacing is great, it's fun to explore, and it's hilarious. "

"[Yipe] has that "just a few more minutes" draw to it, and before I knew it the day was gone and the quests were finished."

"I have never laughed out loud for real playing an RPG."

"Bought this today, loving it so far! I still can't believe this was so cheap."

Quotes from TouchArcade forums

-------

4/5 stars from 148apps.com!

"Yipe 5 is a seemingly endless grind but I still loved it. Its a reminder of simpler days, and Yipes incredible personality transforms this game from a boring RPG to an addictive quest of exploration."

-------

Yipe! 5 is the latest release from a series of highly acclaimed underground RPGs, and better yet ... Yipe! 5 is the first version made exclusively for the iPhone.

Sure, you'll find the usual trappings of an RPG ... an inexhaustible world for exploration, challenging quests, and an apocalyptic crisis threatening to destroy everything in the known universe, yada yada, but you'll also find that Yipe! has its own "special" sense of humor, along with a host of odd-ball monsters ...... quixotic plot twists, and unique items ... including juicy cheeseburgers. Mmmm, cheeseburgers ...

-------

Dedicated game website: http://www.yipe5.com

Contact us at: mailto:info@yipe5.com

-------

Welcome to the world of Yipe!

Enjoy!

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

12-05-2009, 10:13 AM
What a surprise little game! I am quite impressed by how it is all put together. Cute dialogue, great interface, retro type graphics. Touch or joystick controls, choice of character, items to equip, quests to go on, very nice package.

12-05-2009, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post
What a surprise little game! I am quite impressed by how it is all put together. Cute dialogue, great interface, retro type graphics. Touch or joystick controls, choice of character, items to equip, quests to go on, very nice package.
Looks cool

Is it turnbased or realtime?

>
It should be a standard feature that you can turn on/off in-game music and sound effects separately in all games
!
12-05-2009, 11:20 AM
Well it brings you to a separate screen to battle. On that screen its turn based. Frankly though I would rather this than the Dragon Sword arena where the monsters run AWAY from you! I think the way to describe it all is simple but elegant.
12-05-2009, 11:32 AM
Send a message via AIM to RankoSao
Quote:
Well it brings you to a separate screen to battle. On that screen its turn based. Frankly though I would rather this than the Dragon Sword arena where the monsters run AWAY from you! I think the way to describe it all is simple but elegant.
The monsters run away from you? Are they weaker? i used to play a game called Earthbound where the enemies would run away if you were a high enough level.. it was a neat way to avoid having to fight enemies that were too weak for good EXP.
12-05-2009, 11:35 AM
The title of this game doesn't make any sense lol
This looks cool, I'm always up for another RPG

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon
12-05-2009, 11:38 AM
Quote:
I like monsters that run away since I don't really care for grinding But this certainly looks good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggzbacon View Post
Yes it doesn't. If not for the words [RPG] in the thread title I would've never checked in
12-05-2009, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggzbacon View Post

The developers have a very funny site: http://www.yipe5.com/
Click on every tap and get a good old

>
It should be a standard feature that you can turn on/off in-game music and sound effects separately in all games
!

Last edited by jyhjyh; 12-05-2009 at 11:56 AM.
12-05-2009, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyhjyh View Post
The developers have a very funny site: http://www.yipe5.com/
Click on every tap and get a good old
Lol just checked it out.
Yes I hear you Idle Hands! Very sound advice but I'm obviously failing to listen
12-05-2009, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RankoSao View Post
The monsters run away from you? Are they weaker? i used to play a game called Earthbound where the enemies would run away if you were a high enough level.. it was a neat way to avoid having to fight enemies that were too weak for good EXP.
No in Dragon Sword the monsters seem stupid to me. You encounter a monster and are thrown in an arena and can't leave until the last monster is slain. HOWEVER, none of them want to engage you! You are chasing them around just to get out of the arena! That's what I meant Squeaker too!

But back to this game - I have never laughed out loud for real playing an RPG. The dialogue is SO hilarious. You can hit "search" to get descriptions of stuff and sometimes you get different messages if you do it multiple times. So I did that on a bloody grate. The second time the message was SO hilarious I was laughing hysterically.

I SO recommend this game.