★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
12-05-2009, 12:19 PM
hmmmm...finger wavering over the buy button - do like the humour involved

Stop viewing Signatures
->editoptions->Scroll down to "Thread Display Options"->Uncheck "Show Signatures"->Scroll down, hit "Save Changes"
12-05-2009, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post
No in Dragon Sword the monsters seem stupid to me. You encounter a monster and are thrown in an arena and can't leave until the last monster is slain. HOWEVER, none of them want to engage you! You are chasing them around just to get out of the arena! That's what I meant Squeaker too!
Hahaha, you have to chase a monster around in order to grind?! It actually sounds hilarious. Might check it out just to see that

Quote:
But back to this game - I have never laughed out loud for real playing an RPG. The dialogue is SO hilarious. You can hit "search" to get descriptions of stuff and sometimes you get different messages if you do it multiple times. So I did that on a bloody grate. The second time the message was SO hilarious I was laughing hysterically.

I SO recommend this game.
Yes, it's the humor part that really interest me. I love it when games aim to make you laugh. That's why I enjoyed the point-and-click game 'The Final Battle' a lot. It has hilarious dialogue too.

12-05-2009, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soup View Post
hmmmm...finger wavering over the buy button - do like the humour involved

My finger dropped down on the buy button

Two great RPGs in one week: Sword of Fargoal and now Yipe 5

+ geoSpark, Adubble, iBlast Moki, Tiki Totems, Kyodai, Mouse About, Marble Merge, Frenzig, Enigmo, Hive,
Arcade Solitaire:Tritowers, Shrek Kart, Defender Chronicles, Numba, Cross Fingers, Super Juicy, Sheeple,
Rescue Razzle and Krazy Kart Racing .

My poor VisaCard is red-hot

>
It should be a standard feature that you can turn on/off in-game music and sound effects separately in all games
!

Last edited by jyhjyh; 12-05-2009 at 02:18 PM.
12-05-2009, 07:53 PM
Thanks all!

Glad to see some initial interest already in the game! It's pretty exciting to see the game available in the app store.

We've got a number of new things we want to add to the game and hope to do an update soon and lots more down the road!

Yeah... the name is maybe not so clear that it's an RPG. But, it's stuck with me for quite a long time on the old desktop versions I used to make.

-Kevin
12-05-2009, 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yipe View Post
Glad to see some initial interest already in the game! It's pretty exciting to see the game available in the app store.

We've got a number of new things we want to add to the game and hope to do an update soon and lots more down the road!

Yeah... the name is maybe not so clear that it's an RPG. But, it's stuck with me for quite a long time on the old desktop versions I used to make.

-Kevin
would love to see a video of it.
12-05-2009, 10:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yipe View Post

-Kevin
Welcome Kevin from yipe! As you can tell I am a pretty big fan of your game already! I have been playing as much as I can since it was released. Glad to have you here and gratz!

What updates do you have planned?
12-06-2009, 06:24 AM
Had some fun with it this afternoon. It's casual yet engaging for me, all the while being thoroughly amused. I found myself keep going back to the king just to see what he had to say Love this game.
12-06-2009, 07:44 AM
The website sold the game, for me.
12-06-2009, 09:05 AM
Kevin from Yipe - if you are reading this - I think the only thing missing is a map! Especially when it gets more in depth and you need to cut through caves and stuff to reach new areas, it would be helpful to know exactly where in the world you were! A button option maybe? Or some transparent corner of the screen that was a mini map and you could enlarge it if you needed to?
12-06-2009, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Welcome Kevin from yipe! As you can tell I am a pretty big fan of your game already! I have been playing as much as I can since it was released. Glad to have you here and gratz!

What updates do you have planned?
Hey NE Gamer.

Glad to have you as a fan!

Updates... hmm... there is a TON of things I want to do with the game. Dylan (graphics), Andrew (sounds) and I got it to a point we thought would be good for an initial release and to make sure we got it out before the holidays. But, we have plenty of more ideas!

Mostly that starts with adding more quests and secrets. Things that aren't necessarily tied to the main storyline. Some new dungeon areas, some new ways to earn heal items you can take with you and one of the big items is to add a high scores board and achievements. I've been looking at OpenFeint and everything they have to offer.

I like the idea of a map of the world. Especially once we get to the point where we start expanding the world.

Thanks again to you and all the others who have commented!

-Kevin