★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
12-06-2009, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yipe View Post
Updates... hmm... there is a TON of things I want to do with the game. Dylan (graphics), Andrew (sounds) and I got it to a point we thought would be good for an initial release and to make sure we got it out before the holidays. But, we have plenty of more ideas!

Mostly that starts with adding more quests and secrets. Things that aren't necessarily tied to the main storyline. Some new dungeon areas, some new ways to earn heal items you can take with you and one of the big items is to add a high scores board and achievements. I've been looking at OpenFeint and everything they have to offer.

I like the idea of a map of the world. Especially once we get to the point where we start expanding the world.
Sounds super cool. I'm having enormous fun with it. I love the idea of branch-out stuff. And if you add achievements I'll have a hard time leaving the game.
12-06-2009, 10:49 AM
thanks for the game! Its so totally caught my interest I can't stop playing! I, like Squeaker love going back just to hear the advice of the King. This is such a cleverly done game. Kudos to your whole team and I so look forward to the updates - they sound great! And yeah if you expand the world a map would be even more necessary!

12-06-2009, 01:53 PM
Great game... I can't put it down either. Love the humor and the searching aspect. One thing I'd like to see in an update is an option for portrait mode. Thanks!
12-06-2009, 03:22 PM
This game is really fun. I just noticed the 'search' button and I'm already on level 8, lol. I wish I didn't spend all of that money on cheeseburgers

One suggestion would be to list the stats of weapons and armor in the store so that I can judge what the best use of my money would be - I just dropped a grand on a 'mood ring' and it didn't do much to improve my armor. Another simple suggestion would be to indicate how close I am to 'leveling up'.
12-06-2009, 03:53 PM
Bought this today, loving it so far! I still can't believe this was so cheap.
12-06-2009, 04:31 PM
this is excellent fun

Stop viewing Signatures
->editoptions->Scroll down to "Thread Display Options"->Uncheck "Show Signatures"->Scroll down, hit "Save Changes"
12-06-2009, 05:51 PM
A few more thoughts/requests for the developers -

Was this game submitted to the Role Playing section of the Game/App Store? I see it showing up in Adventure but you should have it appear in the Role Playing section also, it will likely get more attention that way.

Show some love for the lefties! Have an option to have the controls on the left side of the screen if possible. As others have mentioned a simple mapping system would be nice as well...

For anyone on the fence about this game because it might be too light-hearted, I just want to note how challenging it is! I'm playing on normal difficulty and have had to put a lot of thought into what to upgrade, what to spend my hard-earned gold on, how to approach certain monsters, etc. Also I've died about a thousand times
12-06-2009, 06:04 PM
Game Impressions

Yipe 5 is a blast. The pacing is great, it's fun to explore, and it's hilarious.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
12-06-2009, 06:53 PM
So, is there any reason in particular why this requires OS 3.1 instead of 3.0? That's cutting off half your potential customer base... I can't imaging this game required CADisplayLink, which is probably the most compelling 3.1 feature (used for high speed screen refresh).

I don't know how many games I have NOT bough this week, after hitting buy and finding that they require OS 3.1+... Upgrading my developent phone is not going to happen right now unfortunately! I'd still like to hand my money to you Yipe, care to respond?

--- ChronoSoft ---
Support your roguelikes! Play Rogue Touch today!
Spirit Hunter Mineko: Demons Reach --- Work in progress! Follow us on Twitter!
12-06-2009, 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderData View Post
So, is there any reason in particular why this requires OS 3.1 instead of 3.0? That's cutting off half your potential customer base... I can't imaging this game required CADisplayLink, which is probably the most compelling 3.1 feature (used for high speed screen refresh).

I don't know how many games I have NOT bough this week, after hitting buy and finding that they require OS 3.1+... Upgrading my developent phone is not going to happen right now unfortunately! I'd still like to hand my money to you Yipe, care to respond?
This was a pretty large oversight on my side. I'd been merrily rolling along developing Yipe, did an upgrade on my phone and then was on OS 3.1. A couple days after submitting to the App Store, I tried to install the game on a friends phone for testing and realized I had released a 3.1 version and it wouldn't install on this 3.0 phone. Ack!!

So, big question to you guys... do you know if there is any issue with releasing an Update to Apple that is 3.0 compatible? Will people who already have installed the game have a backwards compatibility issue in getting the update? Anything else I should be concerned about? If not, I'll be ready to put out an update this week.

-Kevin