★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
12-07-2009, 12:29 AM
I picked this up after reading some posts in this thread. This a very good game and I am having a lot of fun playing it.
12-07-2009, 12:55 AM
Don't think I've seen such consensus in a thread before. Wish this game sucked so I could be original... Alas... What a great little game! Seriously, I thought Fargoal had me addicted, but I've barely looked up from the screen for 3 hours since downloading it.

I have been trying to think of what makes it so addictive and can't quite put my finger on it. I think partly, definitely the pace. There is no loading of any kind, you just plough on. Trips back to town don't feel like a chore, just a part of the strategy. The sense of progression is great. And of course, the fact that the game does not take itself in the least seriously is a bonus.

What characters are you guys using? I started off with the 'brainy' one, then switched to the 'sneaky' and found the going to be much easier. Getting hit as little as possible seems to help a lot.

Great job devs!

12-07-2009, 03:33 AM
anyone doing video?
12-07-2009, 03:33 AM
one minor point - can you please add a confirmation to the drop item part !
due to fat fingeritus i have just dropped a delux cheeseburger which made me less than happy as you can imagine

Also out of curiousity whats the advantage of magician / intelligence as there seem to be no spells (at least up til now ?)

Stop viewing Signatures
->editoptions->Scroll down to "Thread Display Options"->Uncheck "Show Signatures"->Scroll down, hit "Save Changes"
12-07-2009, 03:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
What characters are you guys using? I started off with the 'brainy' one, then switched to the 'sneaky' and found the going to be much easier. Getting hit as little as possible seems to help a lot.
I'm playing as brainy, cos I'd like to think that someone with little strength or stealth can still go on an adventure on his own
12-07-2009, 03:55 AM
i'm also playing as brainy and that was my question - what advantage is there for that ?
cos at the moment brawn would seem to be more helpful

Stop viewing Signatures
->editoptions->Scroll down to "Thread Display Options"->Uncheck "Show Signatures"->Scroll down, hit "Save Changes"
12-07-2009, 04:16 AM
Well as brainy he (or in my instance she) can use the magic shield as his special ability in a fight. Right now mine has two chances using that before she has to wait for a while to regenerate it
12-07-2009, 04:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soup View Post
i'm also playing as brainy and that was my question - what advantage is there for that ?
cos at the moment brawn would seem to be more helpful
Well, that was basically why I switched to sneaky. By level 8 I just found myself making too little progression with brainy due to having to constantly use food. It left me with very little coin to upgrade my stuff. With sneaky I basically breezed through by comparison, although in part, I suspect, this was also due to me being more familiar with the game by then.

As to what advantages brainy has, it says somewhere he heals himself for more. I assume from eating food. I also noticed he started with SAP at 2 as opposed to sneaky's 1. His "shield" ability also seems to last for more turns than sneaky's ability. None of the above though, beat avoiding more hits.
12-07-2009, 05:18 AM
another positive vibe here for this game. huge fan of RPGs and this one fits into the speedy casual gap. the visuals in particular are really well drawn.

is the game open ended or how long does it take to complete all the quests, has anyone reached the end?

Currently playing: Joe Dever's Lone Wolf and FM2014

Last edited by Acidbottle; 12-07-2009 at 05:20 AM.
12-07-2009, 09:34 AM
Played through to the end last night, and am totally impressed with this one! I went into it expecting to be less than thrilled, and came away as satisfied with a purchase as any. It has that "just a few more minutes" draw to it, and before I knew it the day was gone and the quests were finished.

Played as Sneaky and made it to level 27 with all high end items purchased. The game isn't "over" though, as I can keep playing. I only found one secret, although I'm not sure what that was so don't really know where or what to look for for the rest. There is also another quest(?) listed, but I don't know what it means either. Maybe I'll try again as another character and find the answers today.

Overall an excellent game, and am really looking forward to more from the Yipe team!