★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: This is our holiday version of the our original game "B.I.T.S Pinball" which was featured recently in New and Noteworthy and Hot New Games.

Do you have what it takes to be a pinball wizard and compete against people around the world for top spot? Can you handle 20 balls on the table at once? B.I.T.S isn't another pinball simulator, here are some of the features:

B.I.T.S mode

The main feature of the table is B.I.T.S mode. There are 5 B.I.T.S levels. Each level is subsequently worth more points and you receive bonuses for destroying all the B.I.T.S on a level.

Ball Cloner

Once the ball cloner is enabled you have 60 seconds to clone your ball as many times as you can.

Power Ups

There are 3 hologram phases. After activating the hologram you can get the power-up by passing the ball through the hologram.

Multi-ball Mayhem

If you complete all 5 B.I.T.S levels you'll enter this mode. For 20 seconds a new ball will spawn each second.
12-05-2009, 03:29 PM
The game also includes OpenFeint support for achievements, friendlist, facebook and twitter.

please follow us on twitter. We'll be handing out 10 promo codes during next week. http://www.twitter.com/bluebearstudio

You can get more details about our game here: http://www.ballinthesystem.com/candiballs/index.html

here's a quick gameplay video:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by bluebearstudio; 12-05-2009 at 03:50 PM.

12-05-2009, 04:32 PM
Cool. I'm going to pick up this game to support you guys, since I really like the original BITS. But this essentially looks like the exact same game with a different skin. Would have been nice as an update to the existing game, instead of a separate app. No big deal, I kinda think the original game is undervalued anyway, so I don't mind paying another buck for this one. Also, some Christmas sound effects would have been nice in this version too. Is there anything different about this one besides OpenFeint? Also, will the original game get the OpenFeint treatment? Thanks.

Fondle me on Twitter:@JaredTA
12-05-2009, 06:44 PM
This is essentially a holiday themed B.I.T.S Pinball. Besides the skin we added OpenFeint support, added new music and replaced sound effects where appropriate. You'll also noticed that when hitting the bumpers the sound effect produced is based the velocity the ball was traveling You can get some really cool sounding effects once you have multiple balls flying around.

We'll be going back and adding OpenFeint support to the original B.I.T.S Pinball. Our original idea was to make this downloadable from within the original game but we just ran out of time and would have missed the entire holiday season. What we plan to do is go back and make either game downloading from within the other.

We're considering an update after the holiday season to add additional table features so that it can stand out on it's own.

We very much appreciate the support! It's what keeps us going.

Last edited by bluebearstudio; 12-05-2009 at 06:55 PM.
12-05-2009, 07:52 PM
Oh yeah, I didn't notice from the video there's new music and some new sounds. I like the music! It's like Jingle Bells on ecstasy Glad to hear you'll be adding features to the original game too.

I'm having a problem where it seems my high score isn't uploading to OpenFeint. I have a score of a little over 2 million, but it says I'm not ranked yet. It recognized all the achievements I've gotten so far, and it remembers that's my highest score while playing the game. It just doesn't appear on the OF high score list. Is there a way to manually upload your scores or is it supposed to happen automatically?

Besides that, I'm having great fun with this Christmas edition

Fondle me on Twitter:@JaredTA
12-05-2009, 07:53 PM
Woohoo, another Christmas game!

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon
12-08-2009, 12:01 AM
@BOARDUMB - somehow a bug that prevents highscores from being submitted to the OF servers got in at the last minute and went live. I'm working with Apple to get a quick fix up on the App Store for this.