★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Robot Symphony
  • Genre: Music
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 6.6 MB
  • Version: 1.0.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: *** 50% off sale!! ***

"quirky animation and (especially) sound effects, which reimagine Michael's weird vocal tics as cat noises, result in something that we can't get enough of"
- Joystiq

"...a thrilling new sensation on your iPhone /
iPod touch. Seriously guys, its fun."
- Apple Gazette

Ja-Meow-na! MeowWalker brings an addictive action game to the App Store, starring a stylish cat who knows all your favorite dance moves. You'll moonwalk like never before! Designed exclusively for the iPhone, tilt and swipe your way to success as you try to impress the crowd. You'll pull off your crazy moves under spotlights, deflect objects thrown by hecklers, and lick your kitty wounds! Online scores and achievements from OpenFeint will keep you coming back for more.

- Beautiful hand-drawn cartoon graphics and animation
- Addictive action gameplay that's easy to pick up and play
- MeowWalker Radio, an innovative feature that selects songs from your iPod library that complement the game. Make sure you have your favorite MJ songs ready :)
- OpenFeint integration providing several online leaderboards and achievements to conquer
- intuitive controls that combine tilting and swiping into a kinetic experience
- The lick leaderboard! Compete to lick yourself longer than anyone else in the world!

An update is on the way with some exciting new features. Future plans include new levels, gameplay modes, moves, and more.

ImNoSuperMan's comments:
Upcoming Thread : http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=30235

12-05-2009, 05:28 PM

Youtube link | Pop Up

Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.

12-05-2009, 05:29 PM
Reminds me on how Michael looked in Thriller when he turned into a werewolf.

Chain Link Pro 2 High adrenaline touch and drag action game.
iTunes link
12-05-2009, 05:31 PM
Based on my real life cat's reaction to the video, I'm going to pick this up.

Fondle me on Twitter:@JaredTA
12-05-2009, 05:33 PM
Aww i got so excited when i saw this. I though someone had ported Michael Jackson's Moonwalker to the iphone. would someone do that please!!

Now Playing: EDEN, Baseball Superstars 2011
Twitter: @thepoisonivy
12-05-2009, 11:15 PM
Game Impressions

Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'? This Is It!

Upon seeing Meowwalker's release, I just had to buy it. The game promises a great arcade concept. On initial play, it will seem great for when you have only a couple of minutes to play something. This is not something for which you would have extended playing sessions but as a timefiller, it comes across as ideal.

Of course the graphics can't be faulted, being both stylish & cartoony. The alley setting works but more arenas would be better. It would be nice to have a bigger play area too with a few more moves & costumes (as that was a big part of MJ).

My major issue with the game first was, I have a bunch of MJ tracks but it only found and played 'This Is It'. Then I realised I didn't have any other songs set to sync and corrected that only to find no tunes at all were detected now. Given the ability to use your collection is the major selling point of the game (being otherwise you just have a moonwalking cat making noises), this would be a dealbreaker...but then I loaded the game a third time and everything acted as it should.

So, a good start but needs a bit more content added to use the concept to the fullest. It's very cheap though so worth picking up if you're a Michael Jackson fan looking for something when you have a bit of time to kill.

+ Cute cartoon graphics
+ Fun pick-up-and-play concept

- Detection of Michael Jackson tracks unreliable
- Only one background (it would appear - I've reached Level 3 in-game)
- Needs more costumes & moves

My first TA review

Last edited by TouchChatterbox; 12-05-2009 at 11:26 PM.
12-05-2009, 11:27 PM
That video and this concept is hilarious. Is the Thriller outfit the only scene to play with? How about Smooth Criminal?

plus+ scoreloop crystal : looby
agon openfeint gamecenter: loobylibby
12-06-2009, 01:48 AM
We're glad people are enjoying the game. Sorry to hear a few people are having trouble getting their MJ tracks recognized by the game. We're working on an update to address these issues, so we'd like to hear about as many people's experiences as possible.

As for new outfits and levels, we're working on a major update, which we think will really add to the experience. We went through a long review process with Apple, but now that we're through that, we're confident we can bring people the features they want!
12-06-2009, 02:21 AM
You MUST do a graveyard level. And it would be nice if we were able to get local multiplayer so we could, for instance, have group Thriller sessions :P LOL
01-24-2010, 03:45 PM
On sale for $0.99.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL