★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: `STRIKERS 1945 PLUS` the best flight shooting game ever rated by shooting maniacs are now available on Appstore ~!!!
Original `STRIKERS 1945 PLUS` created by PSIKYO which is a renowned flight shooting game will greet you on your devices either on iphone or ipod touch.

[Game features]
1.7 fighters including hidden one
2.Different types of bombs according to each fighter
3.200 dynamic and sophisticated enemy flight patterns
4.Exciting and thrilling funs
5.Option to choose levels for users
6.Various modes such as Story mode, Survival mode, Boss Rush mode

[Game Story]
: Winter of 1945, the ashes of WWII have not yet cooled when a secret organization know only as CANY attempted a coup to revive militarism. Their effort failed, but to a battle-weary population, it seemed a new shadow had spread across the world.
Meanwhile, a similar threat, code named: F.G.R. successfully stole top secret Department of National Defense files covering new ammunition data. By using the information provided by their spy network, the F.G.R. will do their best to return the world to the chaos and upheaval of global warfare.

Now, experience STRIKERS 1945 PLUS in your own hands !!

[Key Control]
Movement : Key Pad
Select : Blue button
Menu or Cancel : MENU button

Direction(8 directions) : Key Pad
Bomb : RED button
Super Shot : BLUE button, Super Shot(manual mode) : BLUE button for a while

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

12-05-2009, 05:52 PM
I can't believe that the game doesn't have touch control. Key pad for a shmup on iDevice is just lazy.
Graphics look ok though.

12-05-2009, 07:59 PM
Meh. Looks okay, not a fan of those controls though

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon
12-05-2009, 08:03 PM
noticed it says copyright 1999 on the titlescreen. wonder if thats a typo or is the dev really taking the piss charging 4.99 for a mediocre looking non-classic game. hmm

Currently playing: Joe Dever's Lone Wolf and FM2014

Last edited by Acidbottle; 12-05-2009 at 08:06 PM.
12-05-2009, 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidbottle View Post
noticed it says copyright 1999 on the titlescreen, wonder if thats a typo or the dev is really taking the piss charging 4.99 for a mediocre looking non-classic game. hmm
that's actually when this version of 1945 came out. i believe this is a port of a port for the playstation network.
12-05-2009, 08:09 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strikers_1945_Plus

PSP version of the arcade game.

Youtube link | Pop Up

PSP players had to pay $11.99 for this game http://playstation.joystiq.com/2009/...oad-exclusive/
12-06-2009, 07:28 AM
I dont need such a big joypad on the screen, so theres only 70% room on the screen for the gameplay.

I would buy this game, if there was swipe control,like in most other shooters.
no fat joypad!
12-06-2009, 01:08 PM
Game Impressions

so yeah i gave it a whirl because i loooove psikyo as they have made my favorite shmup of all time(gunbird 2). so as for the good stuff, this is also a classic shmup. 1945 PLUS has a lot of great boss battles, the visuals are nice, and i always loved psikyo's variety in different ships you can play as, each giving you a different style of shooting and special powers.luckily the game also autosaves in between missions so you can pick up where you left off! so all is good, right?

nope. controls are pretty iffy, and often even if you're visibly touching the virtual d-pad, your ship might not move. apparently it's only sensitive to the inner part of the d-pad, which makes you wonder why they didn't just make it a smaller virtual joystick to begin with. i'm running it on a 2g and i'm definitely getting some framerate lag throughout it. it's just not a smooth running game. and worst of all, they seemed to have compressed the audio down to crap or something, because it just doesn't sound like it should either. either way, i've plowed my way through almost all the game in one sitting without much trouble. i even made it through a couple stages without getting hit once even with the controls.

bottom line...if you're casual, skip it. if you're a shmup fan, then wait for a sale.
06-08-2010, 12:28 PM
free today only

PlusId: Frurry

playing: Oh! Edo Town, Pocket Acadamy
06-08-2010, 12:43 PM
No complaints for free!