★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Dark Raider 3GS, FREE!

12-06-2009, 03:28 PM
Dark Raider 3GS, FREE!

Dark Raider 3GS is going to be free for a limited time starting later today.

Dark Raider 3GS is a dual stick top down action/adventure game similar to Alive 4 Ever or iDracula but with large levels and puzzle solving in addition to fast paced shooter action.

This version ONLY works on iPhone/iPod Touch 3GS (with the newer GPU). The reason I'm giving it away is because the game has only been seen by fewer than 800 people and was released to the App store since August 7th.
How long it is free will depend on how many people are downloading it. I'm interested to see how many people are looking for 3GS only games.

The regular non 3GS version is not going to be free because I think the sales for that are doing fine.

If you have a newer device and want to see what it is capable of you should pick this up while it's free.

Apps: Mech Pilot, Zombies HD, Zombies The Last Stand, iFishing (and all spinoffs), Puppet Jump, Pocket Farm, Dark Raider, Blue Skies, and more! (www.RockingPocketGames.com)
12-06-2009, 03:35 PM
Looks really nice. I'll definitely be picking this up for Free

So is it a dual-stick shooter in the vein of iDracula, Minigore, and Alive4Ever?

12-06-2009, 03:37 PM
Send a message via AIM to jerryloveninja
Hmm looks really pretty; it's still not free on the app store tho
12-06-2009, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryloveninja View Post
Hmm looks really pretty; it's still not free on the app store tho
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGGuy View Post
Dark Raider 3GS is going to be free for a limited time starting later today.
Reading FTW!
12-06-2009, 03:39 PM
I just changed the price to free, and it usually takes a couple hours to update on the store, so check back later.

Apps: Mech Pilot, Zombies HD, Zombies The Last Stand, iFishing (and all spinoffs), Puppet Jump, Pocket Farm, Dark Raider, Blue Skies, and more! (www.RockingPocketGames.com)
12-06-2009, 03:46 PM
Thank you!! Can't wait to see how it looks on my 3GS.

Plus+: MiniMe ~ OF: Problem ~ Gameloft: Change ~ AGON: Negamaki
12-06-2009, 03:46 PM
Send a message via AIM to jerryloveninja
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.D. CrAzY View Post
Reading FTW!
Oh oops.
12-06-2009, 03:48 PM
Nice idea. I already picked it up when it first came out, and I must admit it's a very good game. The 3GS-only effects are quite pretty indeed; anyone with a 3GS should grab this as soon as they can. It's a good showoff piece.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
12-06-2009, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfield View Post
Nice idea. I already picked it up when it first came out, and I must admit it's a very good game. The 3GS-only effects are quite pretty indeed; anyone with a 3GS should grab this as soon as they can. It's a good showoff piece.
That impressive, eh?

Man, I can't wait
12-06-2009, 03:56 PM
I'll give it a shot. I like the lighting textures.

Currently Playing - Space Miner / Wooden Labyrinth 3D / Star Hogs / Isotope / Pool Rebel
Front Page Tug Boat "Radar"
Beta Testing - iPhone 3G S⃣