★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Feedback for Be Free or Die (Shooter game)

12-06-2009, 10:52 PM
Feedback for Be Free or Die (Shooter game)

Hello guys,

I am a developer who wrote that game. I have received a lot of feedback already for that app.

Summarizing it: Game controls are crap!!!!

I didnít know there is a standard already for that. But anyway I am trying to make it better and have done some changes.

What I really need is someone who plays a lot an iPhone shooter games.

So I need you feedback before I submit my changes. Anyone wants to help?

Thanks
12-06-2009, 10:57 PM
I can help. I've played eliminate, mc, crazy turkey blast, etc.

12-06-2009, 11:02 PM
Sure

I can help. I've played all sorts of shooters like fps, on-rails, dual stick (which I consider my self a fan of), an side scrollers. I'll say more when I see your game.

Edit, I say a joystick to move and swipe anywhere to look would work best.

Game Center: B34$T
Proud beta-tester for a bunch of cool games.
Dual-stick shooter fan

Last edited by B34$T; 12-06-2009 at 11:11 PM.
12-06-2009, 11:04 PM
Have someone seen a COD Zombies?

There are several type of controls in this game:

Touch Screen
Dual stick
Tilts

Which one is the best?
12-06-2009, 11:07 PM
How do you use a dual stick for automatic weapons?

Thanks
12-06-2009, 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stubbornmoose View Post

Touch Screen
Dual stick
Tilts

Which one is the best?
I prefered dual stick, it was hard to use at first but I eventually got used to them. The touchscreen method was bit clunky and hard to turn in zombies.

Dual stick for automatic- it depends how hectic the game is. In zombies it had a sperate button for shoot, but it also had aim-assist, so it balanced out. Plus the zombies were pretty slow sometimes.
For eliminate it was tap once to shoot once and tap twice to shoot automatically. This IMO was better for when you have infinite (or lots of) ammo and the opponents moved around quickly.
12-06-2009, 11:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stubbornmoose View Post

Touch Screen
Dual stick
Tilts

Which one is the best?
i personally find touch screen to be the best control scheme. it's similar to dual stick, but rather then having a right "stick", you can slide anywhere on the screen to look around. there's still a left stick to move with.

this is the control scheme for modern combat: sandstorm and nova (not out yet). i find it works extremely well in modern combat
12-06-2009, 11:49 PM
the default controls on MC:sandstorm is very good. they improved it in the multiplayer update. its more fluent and easy to control. try out the lite if you dont own it and youll see how good it is now
12-06-2009, 11:51 PM
only thing, does that make it really easy for HEADSHOTS? its supposed to be a challenge

The Life Blog
Minecraft
12-06-2009, 11:52 PM
Okay this should be in game discussion and questions.

Now as for feedback, I found the MC:S joystick on the right to move, Touch and anywhere on the screen and drag it to the direction you want to look, a button for shooting/etc., and tap the weapon to reload.

Now I haven't played your game but I find that these controls would work well for any FPS. I heard Eliminate's controls are superb, correct me if I'm wrong as I never played the game.

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com