★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Monster Typing

01-10-2009, 11:19 PM
Monster Typing

There's a new free game in the App store called Monster Typing. Letters fly across the screen, and typing the corresponding letter shoots down the letter. It's a simple game, but the graphics are stylized (reminds me of patapon) and the gameplay seems pretty challenging. Recommended download...did I mention it's free?
01-10-2009, 11:25 PM
Screenshot:

01-10-2009, 11:29 PM
How long, do you think, until this game gets pulled by PATAPON developers?
01-10-2009, 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by parranoya View Post
How long, do you think, until this game gets pulled by PATAPON developers?
If it were that easy (referencing art style similarities only) rolando never would have been made (loco roco)

Just upgraded to the 3GS from the original. Super excited to play some of the more intense games.
01-10-2009, 11:39 PM
the game any good?
01-10-2009, 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetaspawn View Post
If it were that easy (referencing art style similarities only) rolando never would have been made (loco roco)
I know ---sorry I was trying to be funny ----I am bored its minus 25șC and I have nothing to do...my attempt at humor ----FAIL.

But it does look a hell like PATAPON ---and lets all keep playing Rolando!
01-10-2009, 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericxd View Post
the game any good?
It's pretty fun for a typing tutor. The difficulty ramps up fast though (with upper case, numbers, and special characters at level 5) so I can't imagine getting very far into the game without some serious practice.
01-11-2009, 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by parranoya View Post
I know ---sorry I was trying to be funny ----I am bored its minus 25șC and I have nothing to do...my attempt at humor ----FAIL.

But it does look a hell like PATAPON ---and lets all keep playing Rolando!
Well my bad too. I kinda thought t was funny but after looking at my post I definately didn't show it. Yuck I look way too serious.

Just upgraded to the 3GS from the original. Super excited to play some of the more intense games.
01-11-2009, 12:15 AM
Send a message via MSN to D.Sync Send a message via Yahoo to D.Sync
I've tried out this game and reached level 5. Then I decided to quit playing it.

So far I haven't found any bug but I really don't like typing in portrait mode. There's no any awards/achievements and the graphic is really a Patapon ripoff!

I would rather try other typing tutor app such as Idle Hands instead of this one. Totally dissapoint me in the sense of originality.

Updates from Casual Gamer

Plus+ ID: dsync89 (active in all We Rule, We Farm and We City)
OpenFeint ID: dsync89
01-11-2009, 01:09 AM
May not be original, but heck - even some of the ones before this aren't original. I remember these types of games when I was first learning keyboarding in the 90's. Originality is impossible to find these days. An identical rip-off is a different story, but to say something isn't original doesn't mean much in my eyes.

I played up to level 5 and actually enjoyed it, the game is pretty fun, which surprised me.

Only quirk I came across was the walking aliens, I would start typing the word for the one in front, but oddly it started on the alien 2-3 behind him (with the same beginning letter) and of course the rest of the word was partly covered by the ones around it.

If they added landscape detection it would be nice, but really it's not as realistic, as many of the typing apps I personally use are only in portrait mode. Kind of pointless to get more accustomed to landscape typing if you mainly use portrait, but this is just my own opinion and based on apps I use. Results may vary. ^ ^

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc