★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: DragonEye is an exciting memory game for the iPhone and iPod Touch. Ages ago a powerul wizard trapped the evil dragon with a powerful sleep spell. As the wizard's assistant, you have been charged with maintaining the spell and keeping the dragon asleep.

To maintain the spell you must press the magical stones in the order that they glow. One false move and the spell is broken, releasing the dragon. The magical energy in the stones only lasts a short time. If you take too long to press the correct stone, the spell will fail, waking the dragon.

Each round in the game requires you to press the stones in the order that is presented. In the first round, a single stone is lit. Each following round adds another stone to the sequence that you must repeat. For example, round five will have five stones in the pattern, round 10 will have 10 stones, etc...

The difficulty level determines how quickly the pattern of stones is presented as well as how much time you have to press a stone. For instance, in Easy mode the pattern is presented slowly and each stone is lit for a longer time. You also have a long time in which to press a stone in the sequence. On Hard, the pattern is presented quickly and you are given a very short time to press a stone.

DragonEye Features
* Epic Pattern Matching Game
* Increase your ability to memorize patterns with daily play
* Easy, Normal and Hard game modes ensure that players of any skill level can play
* OpenFeint Integration
* World-wide Online Leaderboards
* Award Challenges (Achievements)
* Brag to your friends on Facebook and Twitter
* Complete Stat tracking to see your memory improving over time
* Move up through the ranks by advancing through the levels, 24 ranks to achieve

Prove your memory to be superior to your friends by signing into OpenFeint when you play and posting your top scores to the Global Leaderboards!

Your 5 Star reviews keep the updates coming...

Stay Up To Date
Become a fan of "Mad Monkey Militia" on Facebook and "@MMMGames" on Twitter to stay up to date with the latest Mad Monkey Militia news.

Gameplay Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/MadMonkeyMilitia

MadDesignMonkey's comments:
App: DragonEye
Developer: Mad Monkey Militia Games
Price: 0.99
Screenshots:

DragonEye on iTunes!

Dragon Eye is an exciting memory game for the iPhone and iPod Touch. Ages ago a powerul wizard trapped the evil dragon with a powerful sleep spell. As the wizard's assistant, you have been charged with maintaining the spell and keeping the dragon asleep.

To maintain the spell you must press the magical stones in the order that they glow. One false move and the spell is broken, releasing the dragon. The magical energy in the stones only lasts a short time. If you take too long to press the correct stone, the spell will fail, waking the dragon.

Each round in the game requires you to press the stones in the order that is presented. In the first round, a single stone is lit. Each following round adds another stone to the sequence that you must repeat. For example, round five will have five stones in the pattern, round 10 will have 10 stones, etc...

The difficulty level determines how quickly the pattern of stones is presented as well as how much time you have to press a stone. For instance, in Easy mode the pattern is presented slowly and each stone is lit for a longer time. You also have a long time in which to press a stone in the sequence. On Hard, the pattern is presented quickly and you are given a very short time to press a stone.

Dragon Eye Features
* Epic Pattern Matching Game
* Increase your ability to memorize patterns with daily play
* Easy, Normal and Hard game modes ensure that all can play
* Agon Online Integration
* World-wide Online Leaderboards
* Award Challenges (Achievements)
* Brag to your friends on Facebook and Twitter
* Complete Stat tracking to see your memory improving over time
* 24 ranks to advance through & achieve

iTunes Link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dragoneye/id342458011?mt=8

Stay Up To Date
Visit us at www.madmonkeymilitia.com! Become a fan of "Mad Monkey Militia" on Facebook and "@MMMGames" on Twitter to stay up to date with the latest iHurt news.
12-07-2009, 01:18 AM
Send a message via MSN to tukun
look simple but interesting at the same time.. i might give this game a try

12-07-2009, 01:55 AM
Cool pattern memory game, similar to the well-known simon says pattern memorizing games. In DragonEye, there is a theme/ background story to go with the gameplay... An evil dragon was put to sleep by a wizard's powerful sleep spell a long time ago. You play as the wizard's assistant and are in charge of maintaining the effects of the spell on the dragon, and keeping it asleep. To keep the dragon from waking you have to press the magical stones in the correct order that they are shown to you in each round, by memorizing the pattern and repeating it within a given time limit. Each round adds one more stone to the pattern and the goal of the game is obviously to make it as far as you can, how many rounds can you make it to, how much can you memorize? The gameplay has 3 difficulty setting...Easy, Medium, and Hard. The main differences is speed. You score points for repeating the correct patterns successfully and also by how much time it takes you to do so. The game is simple in concept but a challenge to play as you advance deeper through the rounds. One mistake and its over.

The graphics of DragonEye are good, and the sounds are awesome, making playing the game a better experience. All very polished and well put together. The gameplay is addicting, and there is plenty of stats and achievements to accomplish. All the stats and awards are available to see at the start menu Game Stats screen, and at the online leaderboards through AGON. I'm having a lot of fun with this one, if you like these type of memorizing games or are interested, this is well worth looking into. This is the best one on the iphone that I've played so far.
12-07-2009, 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedog View Post
Cool pattern memory game, similar to the well-known simon says pattern memorizing games. In DragonEye, there is a theme/ background story to go with the gameplay... An evil dragon was put to sleep by a wizard's powerful sleep spell a long time ago. You play as the wizard's assistant and are in charge of maintaining the effects of the spell on the dragon, and keeping it asleep. To keep the dragon from waking you have to press the magical stones in the correct order that they are shown to you in each round, by memorizing the pattern and repeating it within a given time limit. Each round adds one more stone to the pattern and the goal of the game is obviously to make it as far as you can, how many rounds can you make it to, how much can you memorize? The gameplay has 3 difficulty setting...Easy, Medium, and Hard. The main differences is speed. You score points for repeating the correct patterns successfully and also by how much time it takes you to do so. The game is simple in concept but a challenge to play as you advance deeper through the rounds. One mistake and its over.

The graphics of DragonEye are good, and the sounds are awesome, making playing the game a better experience. All very polished and well put together. The gameplay is addicting, and there is plenty of stats and achievements to accomplish. All the stats and awards are available to see at the start menu Game Stats screen, and at the online leaderboards through AGON. I'm having a lot of fun with this one, if you like these type of memorizing games or are interested, this is well worth looking into. This is the best one on the iphone that I've played so far.
Sold
12-07-2009, 02:27 AM
Post your impressions Cranker, for someone who likes stats and leaderboards you should at least like that part of the game. As for the game... the theme is good, but it is a pickup and play game more than anything so don't expect the background story to have a large role in the game, its more of a background thing. I wish it did, even just a little more because I like it, but DragonEye focuses mostly on gameplay, challenges, stats.
12-07-2009, 02:32 AM
Way to go, MadDesignMonkey! The game looks awesome and I'm sold! About to download in T minus... Anyhow, I was just playing a lite version of another Simon Says-like game the other day (won't drop the name just in case the dev's somewhere in TA, lol) and was really wishing there was something more polished and less amateurish. Seems you delivered, hehe!
12-07-2009, 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedog View Post
Post your impressions Cranker, for someone who likes stats and leaderboards you should at least like that part of the game. As for the game... the theme is good, but it is a pickup and play game more than anything so don't expect the background story to have a large role in the game, its more of a background thing. I wish it did, even just a little more because I like it, but DragonEye focuses mostly on gameplay, challenges, stats.
Nice little pick up and play. It is what it is with no big surprises but it's fun, and you're right about the global high scores and with Agon which is my favorite To be honest, Without the leaderboards, it would already be off my iphone or I would not have even bought it. Is it just me with the leaderboards ? I will not even look at most games without quality leaderboards so I am always happy to see this feature included and will always look into a game with this feature. I need competition to make these score based games addictive, so buy it people

Also buy Rudolph's Kick and Fly (donut games) Great pick up and play, one of the most addictive I have played yet. I need the competition
12-07-2009, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cranker View Post
Nice little pick up and play. It is what it is with no big surprises but it's fun, and you're right about the global high scores and with Agon which is my favorite To be honest, Without the leaderboards, it would already be off my iphone or I would not have even bought it. Is it just me with the leaderboards ? I will not even look at most games without quality leaderboards so I am always happy to see this feature included and will always look into a game with this feature. I need competition to make these score based games addictive, so buy it people

Also buy Rudolph's Kick and Fly (donut games) Great pick up and play, one of the most addictive I have played yet. I need the competition
Now cranker, you know it's not just you... Odd that most people like OF or Plus+ most, but Agon happens to be my personal fav as well. I like that it breaks hi-scores down from worldwide all the way to a regional level by using the iPhones location service

btw, noticed you kicked the crap outta my kick n' fly score

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon

Last edited by rich_952000; 12-07-2009 at 08:55 AM.
12-07-2009, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_952000 View Post
Now cranker, you know it's not just you... Odd that most people like OF or Plus+ most, but Agon happens to be my personal fav as well. I like that it breaks hi-scores down from worldwide all the way to a regional level by using the iPhones location service

btw, noticed you kicked the crap outta my kick n' fly score

lol ....you are catching up now and it;s getting very hard now. I am trying to catch bazookaTime.............over 3000................holy cow

I also like the fact that Agon loads fast and show the high score list in the spot where your score is. Also you can scroll up and down that list unlike openfeint with the 10 at a time thing. It's just very crisp, polished and nicely done. Openfeint is also very slow at times. That being said, I am still happy to have openfeint or any global leaderboards

I wish they would put Agon in Space Invaders Infinity Gene. I have not picked that up yet due to lack of Leaderboards.
12-07-2009, 04:54 PM
A little late to the party, but here's my two cents anyway

Well, to be down and cool you really gotta be able to remember when to blink, wipe your mouth and stop drooling. Well enter Dragon Eye. In essence a memory game, just done with lemon and a twist. Well, not so much twist, just lemon. And over time, it might just help you to remember too

What I mean is, is pretty, oh so very pretty Graphics in this one are really something else, especially for a small game such as this. If you are any kind of D&D fan or likes to throw back and relax with Lord of the Rings, youll be right at home. The game itself is a board of four crystals. Made up of a slap of granite with these crystals imbedded, you then press them in the order and length of colors being highlighted and musical tone and hear. Pretty easy when you just read it like that right? Well let me see you on the leaderboard before you go boasting, be course its actually rather difficult to get a fair score.

At each round, which is made up by continuously adding one extra crystal color, - to add into your ever expanding length you have to remember as is, you have a certain allotted time to get your ass in gear. If you dont, well the Dragon will wake from its slumber, probably eat you, and if he doesnt, the powerful wizards who put you in charge of said slumber, just might (well most probably) turn you into something nasty and gooey

Dragon Eye is funny, in that its a great take on a simple game. Its a simple gameplay wrapped in honey and sugar, but very simple none the same. I like it though, its a great little play when you just dont want to do the dishes or are just waiting for your better halfs love-drivel movie to come to an end. Its not really something you delve into unless you are the competitive type, and really want to beat the national or global scores on Agon where youll also find about a gazillion achievements as well.

Dragon Eye is 0.99, which is great. It fits perfectly into that category, and if you just want a great looking game, thats easy to pick up and play, - anytime, well then Dragon Eye should be a cool contender.