★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Chuck the Ball : Game Announcement

01-10-2009, 11:31 PM
Chuck the Ball : Game Announcement

Hi everyone,
We just released a new game on the App Store and I thought it'd be good to let everyone here know about it.

The basic concept is that you help Chuck navigate mazes/puzzles by placing arrows in front of him to change his direction. You can also place arrows in front of anything in the game that rolls (Chuck, stones and marbles) to solve the puzzle and gather the stars in time.

It's our first game, so we're looking for some feedback from anyone that plays it for a bit.

iTunes Link : Chuck the Ball

About the game:
Meet Chuck. He's on a mission to collect lost stars and he needs your help. With the swipe of your finger, you can guide Chuck, picking up stars and avoiding hazards. Handy bonus items help you on your way, but keep your eye on the clock so you don't run out of time.
- 100 levels
- Three difficulty levels
- Various hazards and bonuses that make each level unique
- Easy touch-based controls (place arrows in front of Chuck by placing your finger on the screen where you want the arrow and swipe in the direction you want it to go)

01-10-2009, 11:45 PM
First of all, welcome to touch arcade, always great to see devs on here I was actually thinking abut getting the ap but didn't buy it. I think that i'll buy it now since you seem to care about the app. I'll psot a review tomorrow.

P.s: i love how the ball looks like the champions league one! That was intentional...right?

Check out Randomness is green
some youtube comment:
Quote:
She's smart...
in a parallel universe, 100 billion years ago

01-10-2009, 11:48 PM
Looks interesting, might have to check this one out later.

Playing: HookChamp.WheelersTreasure.BaseballSuperstars2010. SniperVsSniper.RealRacing.
Wanting:Command&Conquer.Madden2010.
WaitingList: SpaceTripper.RoguePlanet.MiniSquadron.R-Type.
01-10-2009, 11:49 PM
This was on macrumors forums as well, I got my question answered in that post. I will buy this game now too.

P.S. since your a new dev. Here's a tip.....(put your game/link to the itunes page into your signature )

Twitter: @Zincous
01-10-2009, 11:50 PM
It's a nice game indeed.

I've been playing it more than the other ball alike game Slide Adventure.

I've finished easy and medium. I'm not sure I'll play hard. I'm kind of afraid...

The game requires that you solve a puzzle (by placing arrows in the right/best spots), that you are precise (small area to touch and give direction) and fast (the ball won't let you breath).

Along with all that you run against the clock.

A nice challenge.

Note that 100 levels are the sum of levels available in the 3 difficuty modes.

Some suggestions:

- visual feedback of the square you touch

- more power-ups to help you solve the puzzles such as slow down the ball, stamina to make the ball stronger, shield to allow at least one mistake and so on

- difficulty modes that changes the ball speed rather than by level (one could wish just to enjoy the game rather than confront a really hard puzzle - I mean: make the game for everyone)

That's all for now.

My rate is 4/5 right now.

Youtube link | Pop Up

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8

Last edited by Carlos-Sz; 01-11-2009 at 03:51 PM.
01-11-2009, 01:03 AM
@pablo19 : Thanks for the welcome and the download/future review!

Chuck is modeled off the champions ball. Mainly cause a) who doesn't like football and b) we thought stars fit the theme nicely.

@Zincous : Thanks for the reply here as well as macrumors. I thought I'd post to the forums I usually lurk. I'm not much of a poster, but I guess I've something to post about now

@Carlos-Sz : wow, great input. We'll add those into the pile for ideas for future updates. I like the idea of the slower ball speed powerup. It definitely could add some fun gameplay.

Also, don't be to scared of the Hard levels! Some of the medium levels are just under the difficulty of those so you'll probably be able to master them pretty easy.

Quick question - did you blow through the game not caring about the medal system, or did you replay each level to get gold before moving on?

Thanks!

Last edited by mitrezom; 01-11-2009 at 01:20 AM.
01-11-2009, 01:07 AM
I have decided to give this a try, as I love puzzle games. A pro-active dev never hurts either. The medals sound great for replay value, you should mention that feature in the games description.
01-11-2009, 01:39 AM
Thanks Broward. I added a bullet to the website

Tim Moser - Developer, Makeshift Games
Depict - The Ultimate Multiplayer Pictionary Game
Get Depict on iTunes
Like Depict on Facebook
01-11-2009, 01:39 AM
looks pretty neat with some nice polish and music. The premise looks a bit like mouse about...I might check this one out because i've been itching to try out some new apps!
01-11-2009, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitrezom View Post
@Carlos-Sz : wow, great input. We'll add those into the pile for ideas for future updates. I like the idea of the slower ball speed powerup. It definitely could add some fun gameplay.

Also, don't be to scared of the Hard levels! Some of the medium levels are just under the difficulty of those so you'll probably be able to master them pretty easy.

Quick question - did you blow through the game not caring about the medal system, or did you replay each level to get gold before moving on?

Thanks!
I've tried to get a medal on levels I thought that were not hard to play. Some of them I was glad I won and didn't go back.

I think at least a hard mode (actual ball speed) and an easy mode (slower ball speed) should be implemented so we can play just to enjoy the puzzle rather than the action.

Anyway, this is a kind of game that I was playing and saying? "just one more level... just another one... and another..."

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8

Last edited by Carlos-Sz; 01-11-2009 at 12:06 PM.