★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Trace-It is an exciting game for everyone between the ages of 2 to 100! Test your accuracy, tracing and steady hand skills as you compete for the world title with online leaderboards. Also improve your drawing skills too, with Trace-It.

Trace a veritable cornucopia of shapes to improve your dexterous skills while saving the lives of innocent mice from almost (but not entirely) certain death!

Do you think you have good hand eye coordination? Put your skills to the test and become the best!

Features

- Three levels of difficulty suitable for people of all ages which also serve as an educational tool to help improve hand eye coordination and shape recognition.

Easy level- My young son loves interacting with my iPhone so I designed the easy level ideal for toddlers aged 2 to 6 who are rapidly growing up and looking to build and learn their hand-eye co-ordinations necessary for everyday life.

Medium level- Perfect for pre-teens to compete with themselves, and the rest of the world, for the top score!

Hard level- Designed for those who really want to show off their skills to the rest of the world! Do you think you've got what it takes to be the world champion?

Will you rank up there with the best or will you simply disappear without a trace. Only time will tell, put your skills to the test!

Review quotes from toucharcade.com forums,

- 'After playing Trace It, I feel there is a relaxing, nostalgic appeal to the game that is not only inviting but fun.

There are global leaderboards to bring out the competitor in you. I feel that Trace It has that indie charm and appeal that should be played to appreciate and this one will hopefully get some attention so it can be fully realized.

I like it and will be playing more for some time to come.'

- 'I've been playing 'Trace It' for a few days now and thought I'd share some of my experiences.

I was initially looking for a game to keep the kids occupied. Nothing too difficult but something that would hold their attention for a while. Although it was with the kids in mind, I find myself playing it more on the train to work.'

zaqualieff's comments:
Hi All,

I have a new game coming out called 'Trace It'. The aim of the game is to trace as many shapes as possible as accurately as possible before you run out of time and your mice get squished.

The game has multiple difficulty levels for you to pit your skills against and a nice integrated global high score system so you can see how well you rank against the best.

I will upload some screenshots soon but here is the link to it in iTunes,

itms://itunes.apple.com/us/app/trace-it/id341677954?mt=8

I am also looking for a few kind people to review the game in the iTunes store so if your up for doing this please PM me for a promo code :-)

Kind Regards,

Kim.
12-07-2009, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.

12-29-2009, 06:12 PM
Thank you DG, it is most kind of you to post the screenshots and text about the product :-)

I hope you had a great Christmas and have a happy new year!

Kindest regards,

Kim.
12-29-2009, 07:23 PM
Game Impressions

Trace It.

What a simple, silly game right? Well yes and no. Simple? On easy it's simple to trace most of the objects, but the challenge is appearant in that the more mistakes you make the less score you achieve. Also there is a countdown timer that is ticking away, laughing in your face as you try your best to keep a steady hand.

Silly? At first I thought so. As a child I would trace comic characters from the newspaper. Not so silly for a child. As an adult I've not found myself compelled to trace much.

After playing Trace It, I feel there is a relaxing, nostalgic appeal to the game that is not only inviting but fun.

There are global leaderboards to bring out the competitor in you. I feel that Trace It has that indie charm and appeal that should be played to appreciate and this one will hopefully get some attention so it can be fully realized.

I like it and will be playing more for some time to come.

Richard

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon
12-30-2009, 07:13 PM
I've been playing 'Trace It' for a few days now and thought I'd share some of my experiences.

I was initially looking for a game to keep the kids occupied. Nothing too difficult but something that would hold their attention for a while. Although it was with the kids in mind, I find myself playing it more on the train to work.

The easy level is fairly straight forward. Nothing too intricate. The hard level is a different matter altogether. Here I'm at a distinct disadvantage: large fingers! You need to look ahead and remember the upcoming twists and turns. My kids however have no such trouble.

The high score table is good and keeps the competitiveness going. I also liked the idea of world rankings although I fully expect our place to drop as more people play the game.

Behind the silly pictures is a deceptively good game and one I expect I'll go back to from time to time.

John
12-31-2009, 05:48 PM
I have dropped the price for this to 99c for the new years app bonanza :-)

Happy New year all!

Kind Regards,

Kim.

Currently playing:
Trace It, Earth vs Moon, The Settlers
12-31-2009, 05:56 PM
Keep the kids quiet with Traceit

I down loaded Traceit the other day, and thought OK fairly simple app, although I did get a lousy score on the hard setting, but my kid loved it (aged 6) and it kept him quiet on the 3 hr drive back from the in-laws on boxing day. Not my thing but great for the kids.
01-06-2010, 11:33 AM
Any other impressions ? How are the leaderboards? The most important feature to me

I will probably pick it up based on Rich's review.