★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Capital One
  • Genre: Sports
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 66.1 MB
  • Version: 2.0.1
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Get ready for some electrifying football action with your favorite mascots! Inspired by the vibrating football games of yesteryear, you can play your favorite mascots against each other in Capital One's Mascot Football Challenge!

There's no better way to settle a bitter rivalry than a game of vibrating football! Choose any of the 16 mascots chosen for the Capital One All-America Mascot Team. Will you be able to lead your favorite mascot to victory?

Just like the classic electric football game, you set up your best play, and then watch (and feel!) as the players shake their way across the field (or just spin around in circles). You'll have to work hard on offense and defense to prove yourself in this competition!

Shake your way to victory, and then be sure to help your mascot win Capital One's National Mascot of the Year by voting online!

FEATURES

Real vibration lets you (optionally) feel the action! (on supported devices)
Choose from 16 mascots.
Play in 3 unique stadiums.
Realistic vibrating physics makes each play as unpredictable as the next!
Track your record.

eShirt's comments:
Hi Everyone!

I'm the developer for Mascot Football Challenge and I'm happy to announce that it's available for FREE on iTunes. Over the past couple weeks, I've received great feedback from users and other developers and I wanted to share the game with the members of this great forum!

iTunes Link

Mascot Football Challenge is an adaptation of the electric football games made popular in the 50s and 60s. It's also a promotion for the Capital One Mascot Challenge. In the game, you choose from all 12 college football mascots competing in this year's Mascot Challenge and pit them against each other on the field. The really cool thing is that it uses your iPhone's vibrate feature to let you "feel" the game as you play. Don't worry - it's still compatible with the iPod touch, just without vibration.

Once you choose your mascots, you'll be able to set up offensive and defensive plays and race across the field (or sometimes just in circles). Choose from 3 great stadium backgrounds, play with vibration on or off (to save battery), and try and unlock the hidden cheat mode.

On a technical note, I developed this game in about 9 weeks, mainly by myself, with two team members supporting me. I used the fantastic Cocos2d (0.8.1) game framework and Box2d (2.0.1) physics engine for collisions. I can't speak highly enough about Cocos2d - not only do they have a top-notch open-source framework, but they have one of the best online communities filled with helpful developers and moderators.

While you're in the app - don't forget to vote for your favorite mascot! This week is the last week of voting and it's down to 2 mascots!

Thanks for looking and I hope you enjoy it! Let me know what you like/dislike about the game - I'm really interested in what I can do to make the game better for the next version!
12-07-2009, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.