★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Gameloft is review spamming Modern Combat.

12-07-2009, 06:50 PM
Gameloft is review spamming Modern Combat.

Hundreds of 5 star reviews popped up all in a row overnight, some even copy and paste and all very generic. This after days of 1 and 2 star reviews by angry users experiencing the upnp and crashing bugs. What they're doing is very obvious, just go through the Dec 7th reviews and see for yourself.

The review system is the only way we have to communicate our concerns and they've found a way to take that away.

I put my review back down to 1 star and I'm in the process of getting my money back.
12-07-2009, 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayher View Post
Hundreds of 5 star reviews popped up all in a row overnight, some even copy and paste and all very generic. This after days of 1 and 2 star reviews by angry users experiencing the upnp and crashing bugs. What they're doing is very obvious, just go through the Dec 7th reviews and see for yourself.

The review system is the only way we have to communicate our concerns and they've found a way to take that away.

I put my review back down to 1 star and I'm in the process of getting my money back.
wow gameloft shilling that is harsh man... yet there comment about it being a 'beta' makes this some how more believable to me i hope that the beta excuse does be come an over used band-aid and welcome to TA enjoy your stay

Minigore Beta Tester
53rd Battalion // 5 Star General: Demolitions Sector

Last edited by UndeadZed; 12-07-2009 at 06:56 PM.

12-07-2009, 06:54 PM
If this is true, that is really low of Gameloft... That's kind of disappointing, actually if it really was them. :\
12-07-2009, 06:56 PM
I'm honestly not surprised.

Then again, it could possibly be their competition doing it in an obvious manner to ruin their reputation.

Playing: Eliminate, Minigore, Bike or Die, Mini Squadron, Ramp Champ
Waiting For: Chinatown Wars, Project X, Guerrilla Bob
Openfeint: tmcaffeine Plus+: tmcaffeine
Testing: Minigore, 2012 Zombies Vs Aliens, Santa Game, Guerrilla Bob
12-07-2009, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmcaffeine View Post
I'm honestly not surprised.

Then again, it could possibly be their competition doing it in an obvious manner to ruin their reputation.
i don't see this happening why would you rate you opponents app higher? you would rate it lower and then forward people to your app... in this case you wouldn't have to do anything so many people would be mad about the upnp amongst other things

Minigore Beta Tester
12-07-2009, 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UndeadZed View Post
i don't see this happening why would you rate you opponents app higher? you would rate it lower and then forward people to your app... in this case you wouldn't have to do anything so many people would be mad about the upnp amongst other things
Isn't it obvious?

If these 5 star reviews were copy and pasted repeatedly as where many of those fake reviews would be duplicates, it would make it seem like Gameloft was doing it.

Seriously, you don't get it?
12-07-2009, 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella View Post
Isn't it obvious?

If these 5 star reviews were copy and pasted repeatedly as where many of those fake reviews would be duplicates, it would make it seem like Gameloft was doing it.

Seriously, you don't get it?
no i get it... i think... although the way you worded it kinda confused me aren't the 5 star reviews the fake ones because the way you said it made it seem like they weren't

Minigore Beta Tester
12-07-2009, 07:10 PM
There are even a couple of these reviews in the canadian appstore, its now 4 stars instead of 2 lol.
12-07-2009, 07:15 PM
If this is true (and I'm not saying it is), then GameLoft is trying to strip users of their voice.

Apple doesn't allow 'betas' nor 'demos' in the App Store, so any argument that GameLoft may have toward that effect is invalid.

A ragdoll physics platformer:Flickitty
The artist: randall schleufer
Twitter: @FlickittyiPhone
12-07-2009, 07:16 PM
If this is in fact Gameloft, I'm disappointed. I thought they had a clean operation going here. They never added any questionable content, never shilled reviews, never spammed other reviews, always seemed to reply to consumer complaints in e-mails and twitter reasonably quickly... It's really weird. I don't see them doing anything like this. Then again, in the past they never really needed to though. But when a game was being killed that was theirs, they let it go. I don't get it. I'm kinda doubting it based on their previous clean record. I hope it's a scam by someone else, as I really like Gameloft and don't want to see them get pulled or anything.