★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Gameloft
  • Genre: Racing
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 404.7 MB
  • Version: 1.1.1
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating: 3.9 (7)
App description: "Gameloft has completely spruced up all the original graphics making for a much more colorful and visually impressive game than the original." (TouchArcade)
"Though Gameloft kept the seventies groove of the original Driver, the upgraded visuals are immediately noticeable. It's not just that car models and building architecture are cleaner. Gameloft gave Driver a fresh paint job" (IGN)

--------------------------------------------------

Discover the most stunning racing game ever created for the iPhone. Driver, the game that introduced a new genre of driving games, is back with its amazing physics and fully revamped graphics.
You are Tanner, an undercover cop posing as a getaway driver with the goal of exposing a national crime ring. The investigation will take you to Miami, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and New York.

- A breathtaking story mode with 40 missions spanning 4 giant cities, and additional modes to keep the interest up (Training, Free Play mode, Driving games)

- Unprecedented driving physics: unbelievable stunts with flinging turns, stomach-dropping jumps and impressive crashes. Your car takes damage and can potentially explode!

- The most realistic urban environments on iPhone, with revamped visuals, detailed textures and beautiful lighting effects. Each city has working traffic lights, wandering pedestrians, moving traffic and vigilant cops on patrol.

- A great soundtrack, with 3 radio stations broadcasting tracks inspired by 70s music

With Driver, you are the wheelman.

--------------------------------------------------

Other Gameloft games you may like: Gangstar: West Coast Hustle, Asphalt 5, Skater Nation, Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X, James Camerons Avatar and N.O.V.A. Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance.

Certain apps allow you to purchase virtual items within the app and may contain third party advertisements that may redirect you to a third party site.

eggzbacon's comments:

Lite version : http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id348763298?mt=8

12-07-2009, 09:32 PM
Yes!!!

Holy Balderdash thats a big download- 405mb

Occasional Reviewer on ThePortableGamer
Official Reviewer on Razorianfly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Space Girl
It was like the other day I went to MarthaStewart.com's forums for advice on how to program my new T-89 graphing calculator and well, let's just say no one there was very helpful.

12-07-2009, 09:32 PM
Holy shit. Mother****ing Gameloft just released another game? DAMN!
12-07-2009, 09:33 PM
Send a message via MSN to spidey146 Send a message via Yahoo to spidey146
does that mean the others are coming soon!!!!????!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Porkenheimer View Post
Someone is ridiculing Big Albie? Kill him.
Always remember, you can't spell slaughter without laughter.
Now if only SEGA would release Crazy Taxi..

Four most influential games: Papi Jump, iDracula, Fieldrunners, Flight Control.
Apple seems to be doing their jobs lately, hooray
12-07-2009, 09:34 PM
Wow, i was just about to start a thread on that.
Sweet! When I get money I'll download it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldex Oun View Post
Apple seems to be doing their jobs lately, hooray
I'm almost certain that this was approved a while back -- they're just staggering their releases.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesusrules247 View Post
Wow, i was just about to start a thread on that.
Haha, it's rare that you'll ever beat eggzbacon to start a thread. He's a gaming psycho...err...psychic