★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Gruntwerks
  • Genre: Kids
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 13.8 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: PachiTilt is a new and interesting adjustment to the popular Japanese game of Pachinko. It will only take you a few minutes to learn, but it will provide you with plenty of playing enjoyment!

In PachiTilt, you will guide the balls to their targets by slightly adjusting the in-game gravity when you tilt your iPod or iPhone device. The beach balls are thrown into the play area at a steady speed, but will bounce off of the many small obstacles in their paths. Soon, you will be able to consistently hit the cabana with a slot machine in it and will be winning big prizes.

As the beach balls fall through the machine, you will direct the ones that miss the cabana into the recycling bin. These beach balls will be recycled, but you should avoid the trash bins, because those beach balls will be lost.

In a traditional Pachinko game, there often is an ideal setting for the speed adjustment knob. In PachiTilt, there is no ideal position, and because of the obstacles' positions, you will be trying to balance winning prizes to continue playing against not losing beach balls to the trash bins.

PachiTilt features charming music by award-winning composer Sean Beeson, all in-game illustrations were drawn by the talented Jason Peltz. PachiTilt will run smoothly on 2nd generation devices running OS 2.2.1 or 3.0 and runs very smoothly on 3rd generation devices. PachiTilt physics are powered by PhysX technology.

Enjoy playing PachiTilt!

JRavey's comments:
For those that like Pachinko-style games, my game is finally out on the App Store. It can be found at:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pachitilt/id338241310?mt=8

It is a bit different than other games, certainly the Pachinko niche is probably more full than it should be. Either way, I hope folks like it. If you have any questions, don't be shy; it's basically Pachinko, so the learning curve is very shallow and not terribly high.

Moderators: If this was an inappropriate post, please erase it and let me know where I should put this.
12-07-2009, 11:18 PM
It looks interesting... but when can devs understand that marker felt makes some people want to throw up?

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon

12-07-2009, 11:22 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to JRavey
Ha! Marker Felt was the best font for the job, as much as I didn't want to use it. I tried to make my own font and each glyph took so long that I just had to surrender. Fonts are an art form and I respect those that can make them well.
12-07-2009, 11:33 PM
welcome to Touch Arcade

...do you have any video of your game in action?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
12-07-2009, 11:35 PM
I haven't had much time yet to really play, but I recieved a promo earlier for the game and it seems fairly laid back and in the past I've not been the biggest fan of Unity, however this game runs suprisingly smooth with it.

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon
12-08-2009, 07:55 AM
Devilishly Good, no videos, I honestly have no idea how to make them, sorry. Let me look it up, because I would really like to know that. After work tonight, I will look for that.

Thanks for trying it out, Rich.

As for it running smoothly on Unity, it took some work. Unity is a great tool, but the iPhone is a very limiting platform, so it took some tricks. One problem with a lot of libraries and engines for the iPhone is that while they run well themselves, the users often make insufficient efforts to optimize their game and over-rely on their tools. Getting all of those pins to draw quickly and the physics to work smoothly was a real chore, the same with instantiating the beach balls without a memory leak (according to the debugger, the memory usage is virtually flat and I let it run for a couple of days).
12-08-2009, 08:13 AM
Can't Wait to Play!

I love pachinko! can't wait to pick this up
12-09-2009, 02:23 PM
Game Impressions

I got to play this one via promo code, here's what I thought of it:

This game is a fun little Pachinko-like game - it almost reminds me of those water squirter games where you try to direct the balls via water flow/gravity.

Gameplay is exactly what you'd expect - balls shoot out at the top, alternating left and right sides, and you tilt the device to alter gravity left/right. Physics are very good. Land a ball in the center of the slot machine to run it or in the recycle bin at the bottom to reclaim it. If it falls in a trash can it is lost. When you run out of balls the game is over.

Graphics are cartoony and decent, and the beach balls animate very well. It would be nice if the pins stood out more - some of them aren't obviously visable (like those around the building on the pier.) The theme fits the gameplay well.

Sound is just a music loop, which fits the theme nicely, but I would love a mode where you get beach ball bounces and pin 'tings' instead.

This is a pleasant time-waster type of game. Aside from the above comments the one thing that could improve this game would be the addition of more boards/themes to play on.

Worth a look if you like Pachinko/physics games, especially if you'd like to play something with a bit more relaxed pace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
12-09-2009, 02:47 PM
Awesome reply!

On the *ting*, I am concerned about performance. I have an idea on how I could do this without impacting performance too much, but I don't think it would work well with full stereoscopic sound.

I wholly agree on the pin visibility. This has been a nagging issue for me, some people handle it better than others. I tried red, but they were then too bright.

More board layouts is a wholly reasonable request. I will have to work with the author for that. I contract him, so it comes out of my own pocket.

When you say, "beach ball bounces" what do you mean? The balls should bounce a bit? For what it's worth, since this uses PhysX and the balls are managed as physics objects, I can easily make that change and test it out.

The tinging sound will be in 1.1, that much I promise, providing it does not hurt performance too much. If I can afford to pay the artist for another background and theme, I will add that as well (but probably not in 1.1 since I still won't have enough to have recovered what I paid for the composer or the artist, let alone anything related to my own personal expenses).

Thank you for the fantastic feedback, I appreciate it. Any reasonable feedback is good feedback and this definitely qualifies.

Also, I am looking towards OpenFeint integration, would that be at all interesting and worthwhile?
12-09-2009, 02:48 PM
i got the app via promo code, but havent synched yet, as i usually redeem apps on the computer then download on y ipod via itunes
the screenshots look promising though!

openfeint is always worthwhile!
leaderboards could be for most balls in a row, and most total score

Beta tester of 54 games
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Thats a nice lookin gun.