★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: GI Joyride 1.83

12-08-2009, 12:36 AM
GI Joyride 1.83

Hello everyone,

There's an updated GI Joyride for your enjoyment now on the App Store.

We've (finally) fixed the Facebook issues, as well as general improvements, bugfixes, and performance tweaks.

The thought of you happily running over your Facebook friends warms our hearts

Thanks again for your continued support and praise, we really appreciate the wonderful people that are touchArcade community!

Also, stay tuned as we will be announcing two new Trapdoor games shortly!
12-08-2009, 12:37 AM
nice. Could you maybe add some twitter feature to GI Joyride, too?

12-08-2009, 12:47 AM
Trapdoor, you know myself and Big Albie were some of your first GI Joyride junkies so I wouldn't just pull yer leg. I still cannot get Facebook to work. It goes to about 75% and freezes. Before this update it would just close the app when I tried. Now it just sits with the loading bar. I can still adjust the volume on my device etc. Any help?

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon
12-08-2009, 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Der-Kleine View Post
nice. Could you maybe add some twitter feature to GI Joyride, too?
Yeah, that would be really cool.
I thought that they stopped updating this game, but looks like they did

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon
12-08-2009, 12:50 AM
Btw, absolutely will be looking forward to the two new games

I really, badly want the Facebook integration to work for me. I even set up a shill Facebook acct. And when I login with that I get an error message

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon
12-08-2009, 01:17 AM
Trapdoor, it is so great to see you still updating this game and working on new ones. The last update was the surprise of the century to me, and made one of my already top favorite games even better. There was all this talk of updates when the game released, and then silence. Although I admit I had given up hope on any updates, GI Joyride has remained on my iPod for all this time anyway. It's just guaranteed fun every time I play, and when the update eventually DID come out it was like a reward for being loyal to playing the original. I know how rocky things can be for indie devs, so hats off to you for following through with this game. And I'll definitely be looking forward to your new games as well.

@rich I'm having the same problem, can't log into facebook. It seems to accept my login info, then a bar pops up like it's gonna load something then says an error occured. I guess at least it doesn't crash when you try to login now? I'd like to see it work though.

Fondle me on Twitter:@JaredTA
12-08-2009, 01:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_952000 View Post
Trapdoor, you know myself and Big Albie were some of your first GI Joyride junkies so I wouldn't just pull yer leg. I still cannot get Facebook to work. It goes to about 75% and freezes. Before this update it would just close the app when I tried. Now it just sits with the loading bar. I can still adjust the volume on my device etc. Any help?
Same problem with Facebook here.
.......and i still love this game, too.
12-08-2009, 03:03 AM
I'm still having issues with Facebook as well. The loading bar gets to about 75% and then freezes. I'd love to see this work, but it doesn't lessen my enjoyment of the game.

My devices: iPad, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS; 4G iPod Touch; iPhone 3G; & finally, 1G iPhone
01-08-2010, 08:57 PM
love this game, but still never got the facebook sync to work, even with the latest update
02-17-2010, 09:58 AM
Hello everyone,

We wanted to thank everyone for their support and to those members who helped us iron out the Facebook issues. We will be submitting a new version of the game with Facebook fixed (once and for all!) shortly.

And to those who have been asking about our new games, we just started a thread this morning showing a preview of one of them:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=45381