★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Lumines Mobile

09-27-2008, 04:53 PM
Lumines Mobile

One of the best games for PSP remains Lumines. The mobile version was as good if not better (worse graphics and sound, obviously, but gameplay was more varied). Now, Im pretty sure Gameloft still owns the rights to Lumines Mobile, and given their already stellar outings on the iPhone, Lumines seems like an easy and natural fit for the platform. They could overhaul the graphics and sound(music especially) and have the best version yet.

Is anyone as eager as I am to have Lumines on the iPhone?
09-27-2008, 05:03 PM
Bring it on. I love all this retro stuff on iphone. It's becoming my fav portable gaming platform.

Cheers all !
Bill.

09-27-2008, 07:20 PM
Always enjoyed the psp version. Required some quick moves as the difficulty increased, curious how well the touch screen would hold up.
09-27-2008, 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReformatPlanet View Post
Always enjoyed the psp version. Required some quick moves as the difficulty increased, curious how well the touch screen would hold up.
I'm willing to give the controls a shot. The game was just so addicting and I could play for an hour and feel like it was 5mins. I think the touchscreen works well for Tetris so Im sure it would hold up for Lumines
09-28-2008, 06:25 AM
Send a message via AIM to STP_Steve Send a message via Yahoo to STP_Steve
Quote:
Originally Posted by lw1234 View Post
One of the best games for PSP remains Lumines. The mobile version was as good if not better (worse graphics and sound, obviously, but gameplay was more varied). Now, Im pretty sure Gameloft still owns the rights to Lumines Mobile, and given their already stellar outings on the iPhone, Lumines seems like an easy and natural fit for the platform. They could overhaul the graphics and sound(music especially) and have the best version yet.

Is anyone as eager as I am to have Lumines on the iPhone?
YES! Absolutely. Good call.

Meteos wouldn't be a bad idea either, while they're at it. And Rez

Steve Palley, www.slidetoplay.com
10-08-2008, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lw1234 View Post
I'm willing to give the controls a shot. The game was just so addicting and I could play for an hour and feel like it was 5mins. I think the touchscreen works well for Tetris so Im sure it would hold up for Lumines
I agree that Tetris (or dare I say Tris) worked well on Touch Screen controls - but when you get to the final crazy seconds a D-Pad would be very welcome.

I almost bought a PSP just for Lumines.
That game is so good!

When will we get it?
10-08-2008, 05:54 PM
LOL yea i just started a thread for Lumines today for the same request!!! I hope that it gets ported...it is such a damn good puzzle game
10-08-2008, 10:43 PM
Lumines was just sheer brilliance. You could get hooked on that like how you played Tetris on the 1st gen original gameboy for months.
If this came out on iPhone, I'd buy a battery pack specifically for it!
12-01-2008, 07:51 PM
If you like lumines you should check out Tatomic for the iPhone:

The full iPhone version is available here: http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=294280837&mt=8

A free lite version with the first ten levels of Mode 1 can be found here: http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=295380183&mt=8

12-01-2008, 08:41 PM
Send a message via AIM to istopmotion Send a message via MSN to istopmotion
Sounds pretty sweet

Please follow me on Twitter!
I LOVE all Guitar Hero/Rock Band games. Gamertag is 'istopmotion' Add me if you want a challenge