★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Beansprites LLC
  • Genre: Family
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 6.6 MB
  • Version: 1.3
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Restart Level coming soon!!

Working on improving controls and buttons!!

Updated Controls Coming Soon! Improved and smoother walking, jumping has improved, and overall improvements in her movements with the newest update of Gamesalad 0.6.2!

Also added to beginning, instructions sheet on controls.

Controls: LEFT and RIGHT arrow key controls her left and right movement. Hold down Shoot button with wand symbol to cast a spell, press jump button with boots symbol to jump
You can stomp on enemies as well by jumping on them :)

Gorgeous and Vibrant, Dark, and Mystical, this Magical platformer will keep anyone entertained while oogling at the beautiful graphics and visuals.

A Heroine Witch will take you on a journey through the Mystical Woods which has suddenly been overtaken by Dark Creatures. You will encounter evil bats, and creatures from all over for the final encounter with the one that started it all...

Enjoy this game, and if it's too challenging, select easy in the options menu to give yourself a boost.

Fun for all ages, sizes, and walks of life! And a true reminder that 2D gaming will always be revered as the best gaming has to offer.

Take a walk with this game through time, and experience old school gaming all over again!

Squeaker's comments:

Lite Version: http://itunes.apple.com/sg/app/mysticalwoodslite/id342982653?mt=8
12-09-2009, 02:29 AM
Whats with the appname? lol.. Cant afford to make it into 4 separate words?

Crystal, OpenFeint, Plus+, Disc Drivin: Prab | Game Center: PrabSG

12-09-2009, 02:33 AM
The spacings somehow got lost in the mystical woods of darkness :P
12-09-2009, 02:35 AM
You mean the MysticalWoodsofDarkness

The vector graphics in this game look pretty nice though (e.g. big red dragon)

Crystal, OpenFeint, Plus+, Disc Drivin: Prab | Game Center: PrabSG
12-09-2009, 02:39 AM
Yeah I like the graphics, worried about controls but bought it nonetheless..
12-09-2009, 02:43 AM
Just tried the lite, not so smooth.
12-09-2009, 03:15 AM
Yeah, tried the Lite version also and the controls are not good. There's a slight delay when pressing L/R and then for some reason the character (a witch) really picks up speed if you hold a direction down which makes handling the witch difficult. The jump button catapults the witch upward and then she floats down...I mean there's some very awkward and curious design choices going on there.
12-09-2009, 09:46 PM
Creator of game here :)

Hey guys!

I'm actually the creator of the game, I just created a profile here, so I thought I'd give the history on this game I do appreciate your feedback, and will consider every piece with my new updates.

Here's my story, I'm a full time Nurse, and have just begun programming using Gamesalad in my spare time. I've also played and loved games for what seems like my entire life.

I'm using a new program called Gamesalad, and did the very best I could to get the controls to work given the limitations of a new program.

It's a wonderful tool, and easy to use for a "non-programmer" like myself, so I feel lucky to have the opportunity to create games with it.

A new update for Gamesalad just happened to come out the very day after I submitted this game, so the controls should be much smoother this time around, and hopefully you will be more pleased! I did notice a vast difference in controlling the Witch, and her movements were more fluid than the prior version, which is what you're going to see in the next update, which will hopefully be in the next week!

As for the name, my brain was lost in the mystical woods while not spacing it out! It will also be fixed in the next update... I have no excuses for that

Appreciate all the feedback and I'll continue to make improvements where necessary with this game Thank you so much for your support!

Last edited by butterbean21; 12-09-2009 at 11:21 PM.
12-09-2009, 11:29 PM
Welcome butterbean! We love having devs here. For a first time game creator this is actually a pretty ok start. Hope we can all work here to get it better.

For starters, do add a help menu, right now I'm plunged into the game without any guide. I can only figure things out by myself. Since you say controls will be improved in the next update, right now I'm going to overlook it. Cute graphics btw.
12-09-2009, 11:50 PM
Yes! I included an instruction sheet in the next update as well, sorry about that!

It's definitely a work in progress, and with some limitations of a new program, a platformer was a very ambitious project for me to work on.

Hopefully this next update will smooth the controls over a bit for people, and then I can start working on my end of it as well.

Thanks for your support!

The artwork was done by Dan, and he's an exceptional graphics artist at a reasonable price

His artwork can be seen at dcproductions25.deviantart.com