★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Seperate Promo forum?

01-11-2009, 04:49 PM
Seperate Promo forum?

Now I have only been posting for a few days, but I have been roaming around for months and I have noticed something.

Promo code threads get instantly huge and are very often at the top of the thread list long after the codes have been given away.

I have a suggestion that could fix a couple things.
There be a seperate section where promo codes and promo beggars can go.
That way those threads can stop spamming regular sections and promo beggars can have free reign to beg on that section alone and absolutely no begging elsewhere on the site.

Just wanted your guys' input on the situation.

Just upgraded to the 3GS from the original. Super excited to play some of the more intense games.
01-11-2009, 04:50 PM
Send a message via ICQ to brewstermax Send a message via AIM to brewstermax Send a message via MSN to brewstermax Send a message via Yahoo to brewstermax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetaspawn View Post
Now I have only been posting for a few days, but I have been roaming around for months and I have noticed something.

Promo code threads get instantly huge and are very often at the top of the thread list long after the codes have been given away.

I have a suggestion that could fix a couple things.
There be a seperate section where promo codes and promo beggars can go.
That way those threads can stop spamming regular sections and promo beggars can have free reign to beg on that section alone and absolutely no begging elsewhere on the site.

Just wanted your guys' input on the situation.
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=3607

[/threadclosed]

01-11-2009, 04:54 PM
Oh... Sorry for reposting I guess.... Except looks like pretty much everyone agrees but nothing has happened?

Just upgraded to the 3GS from the original. Super excited to play some of the more intense games.
01-11-2009, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Those threads should stop spamming regular sections and promo beggars can have free reign to beg on absolutely nothing on the site.
Fixed your topic.
01-11-2009, 05:00 PM
oh the irony. Im not even gonna point it out.

dirty deeds and their dunderchee
01-11-2009, 05:05 PM
Ok never mind then geez.... They do it anyways so I just figured give them a spot to do it so nevermind. I don't really appreciate someone changing my words. Go ahead and close this mod. Aparently I hit a nerve with this forum.

01-11-2009, 05:07 PM
Quote:
Ok never mind then geez.... They do it anyways so I just figured give them a spot to do it so nevermind. I don't really appreciate someone changing my words. Go ahead and close this mod. Aparently I hit a nerve with this forum.
wait a minute. i think that it's a very good idea. people are joining touch arcade forum just for promo codes - and that's not good for all of us.
01-11-2009, 05:08 PM
promo codes are awesome!!! keep them here!!! it makes the thread exciting!!!
01-11-2009, 05:09 PM
Quote:
what do you mean you hit a nerve? all i did was point out the irony....

For those of you that dont get it this is posted in the "games" sub forum

dirty deeds and their dunderchee
01-11-2009, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pante View Post
wait a minute. i think that it's a very good idea. people are joining touch arcade forum just for promo codes - and that's not good for all of us.
nobody said it was a bad idea, It just was discussed b4 in another thread.

Check out Randomness is green
some youtube comment:
Quote:
She's smart...
in a parallel universe, 100 billion years ago